storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
7 months they were unable to sit down, even an hour a day to work on the game when they're getting paid 7k per month?

Insane copium.

I'm guessing you've never been around a new born? There is a reason maternity leave is a thing that exist. Baby's eat up pretty much all your freetime. It's a full time job

Reactions: Umariel

Derpsel

Jun 11, 2017
I'm guessing you've never been around a new born? There is a reason maternity leave is a thing that exist. Baby's eat up pretty much all your freetime. It's a full time job
Sure, not for 18 months though.

Also some things to consider, the average time taken is 26 weeks, and the average job does not consist of working from home, the largest hurdle being child care.

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
Sure, not for 18 months though.

No, but the updates regularly take a year and pretty much finish an entire storyline. That's nothing unusual. So you have the standard time it takes to make an update plus the 6 or 7 months or whatever they took a break to care for the new born and you have around 18 months. At this point the update is almost done according to the devs themselves and all they're doing now is debugging. I'd give it maybe 2 or 3 weeks

Derpsel

Jun 11, 2017
No, but the updates regularly take a year and pretty much finish an entire storyline. That's nothing unusual. So you have the standard time it takes to make an update plus the 6 or 7 months or whatever they took a break to care for the new born and you have around 18 months. At this point the update is almost done according to the devs themselves and all they're doing now is debugging. I'd give it maybe 2 or 3 weeks
That's a fair prediction, but I guess we'll see in a few weeks.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Your idea is that because they haven't, it means they're still supporting them. I disagree, and provided some arguments for why that might be, citing another abandoned game which is still receiving money.
I mean, by now people do get push notifications every time a transaction happens on their paypal/credit card account. As said, in this case I don't pity those who pay. One may see it as some kind of royalties for the dev's past work. It's his luck and that's ok.

But again, I'd gues it's maybe just me not seeing the point in these money discussions in general - at least not as long as devs aren't actively deceiving/threatening their patrons

... maybe that's why DarkSilver may indeed be the worst example, as people - as far as I see it - should have stopped giving him money years ago for different reasons.

Reactions: Derpsel

BayJay47

Jun 9, 2018
People always seethe over the financial decisions of others. I'm no different, but it's important to remember that a lot of people either don't care, actively buy into whatever the various slow devs are saying, or offer support for some other reason completely unrelated.

I'm not even saying the various devs are intentionally misleading people. I'm sure some of them are, but I think most of them aren't. In this case, I happen to think this dev has been perfectly satisfactory in their explanations. I sympathize with their situation. I genuinely wish them the best. I also do not actively support them, because I, personally, expect content for my money. In fact, I expect high quality content that specifically satisfies whatever itch I have to scratch at that particular time.

We all want the same thing: We want devs who crank out lots of excellent content at a fast pace, while simultaneously getting absolute boatloads of cash for their efforts. Unfortunately, that falls short for most games in at least one way.

Reactions: zmbr

BayJay47

Jun 9, 2018
That does not mean that it is ridiculous, there is the need to have more labels so as not to confuse people.
ehh, if they come here and see something hasn't been updated in 8 months or whatever and then choose to subscribe that's their own fault. Anything else is the problem of patreon/subscribestar/whatever. Even if we try really hard to idiotproof society the idiots will still find a way lol

• Haha
Reactions: VIOLET222

Pidgeons

Jul 5, 2019
I'm probably just going to consider the game finished after the orc update is done because that's all I cared about after Gomira was first introduced. XD

• Haha
Reactions: _Gaalec_

Sir_EatsALot

Aug 24, 2017
I bet all those clamoring for the "Abandoned" tag are now wanking off on their achievement.
The game is not abandoned and F95Zone has no authority over it.
This is merely the policy of this website. There are 'other games' that shall not be named here that got the abandoned tag even when the dev was active on the site and was posting a single render every month showing his 'progress'. What's the point of a rule if it's selectively applied based on popularity? Its not us wanking off to the abandoned tag, it's you that's defending the dev with a hard on for some reason lol, no offence although some intended.

Titouille

Feb 25, 2023
I am looking at the code line and I wonder what they mean with 142/157.
Are they talking about line of code?
Different prompts or so?
As with all the progress, it represent "tasks". Like, for the artwork, it doesn't mean the number of images rendered, but the number of tasks, as a scene more generic will require fewer tasks than a sex scene, despite having the same amount of images.
For the code, they explain it like this:

We count a task for each of the events of the story that requires coding to make sure it works well in the structure and doesn't interfere with other quests, adding various elements such as sprites or expressions, new backgrounds with their corresponding buttons and animated images, adding cutscenes and those that have renpy-animated parts, new features (such as the shard in the bag), hints, notifications, bag items, event-related convos, alternative talks, optimizing images, sex scenes, etc.

Last edited:

"Download"

Jul 12, 2018
I bet all those clamoring for the "Abandoned" tag are now wanking off on their achievement.
The game is not abandoned and F95Zone has no authority over it.
Thats was some hardcore deepthroating level of simping. Noone told that F95 have actual authority on the game, tag was added here according to site rules and to show users a couple of the most successful scummers in the history of adult games. You can now go back to your queen of simps (who look at you nothing more than gullible wallet) and tell her how fiercely you defended her honour)

XJ347

Sep 19, 2017
I'm on their Patreon.

If people didn't know, this is done by a husband wife duo. Two things happened this year, they had a child I believe and the husband has a major medical issue. It's slowed down things.

It's not abandoned, but by the sites rules I understand why it's marked that way.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I would guess it's still a month out though...

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
When I saw the "abandoned" tag

giphy.gif

Otherwise, we're in agreement, it's the rabid people here who asked for this tag, because the dev is still present and even if his game is on pause for personal reasons, he's never officially said that he's abandoning his project. :unsure:

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes