\\_Tremolo_//

Jul 1, 2022
Abandoned???. He's like posting weekly updates, why abandoned? Yeah last release was about 2 years ago but still that doesn't change that he is not on radio-silence.
what-icecube.gif

Reactions: leros147

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Please, guys. At least don't invent things up. That job offer was from 3 years ago and they have been working with the chosen artist since then. It has nothing to do with the current situation, and obviously it was not an answer to supporters' pressure or anything like that.

Abadd0n

Apr 7, 2019
Today's progress tracker:
View attachment 3399633
I am looking at the code line and I wonder what they mean with 142/157.
Are they talking about line of code?
Different prompts or so?
Anyway, Abandonen is a fitting tag for now.
Yes, they are putting up far they have gotten with the updates, but it is not enough. I just hope this will make them get done with this stupid Orc update.

Reactions: CJlOHNK and Amil Io

Doner077

Apr 25, 2018
I find the abandoned tag hilarious and am not sure why people still give this amount of money to the devs. But after one thinks about it, giving money to a project you like because you want it to keep going is all right. I have a tendency of thinking these people are scamed but they clearly know how slow the devolopment is and yet they want to support it. So let them i say. The ones that give the money are happy, the ones that recieve it too. Yeah i do feel schadenfreude and check the comments sometimes to have fun, but again everyone in the transaction seems to be content with it

• Thinking Face
Reactions: _Gaalec_

Sotman

Mar 18, 2018
I had almost forgotten about this game.
I feel a bit disappointed about the minimal progress. I hope the dev team picks up the pace soon.

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
I had almost forgotten about this game.
I feel a bit disappointed about the minimal progress. I hope the dev team picks up the pace soon.
I find the abandoned tag hilarious and am not sure why people still give this amount of money to the devs. But after one thinks about it, giving money to a project you like because you want it to keep going is all right. I have a tendency of thinking these people are scamed but they clearly know how slow the devolopment is and yet they want to support it. So let them i say. The ones that give the money are happy, the ones that recieve it too. Yeah i do feel schadenfreude and check the comments sometimes to have fun, but again everyone in the transaction seems to be content with it

I mean the current update is almost finished. The only reason why this one took so long is because it's only two devs and they had a baby, so there was at least 7 months they werent able to work on the game

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I am looking at the code line and I wonder what they mean with 142/157.
Are they talking about line of code?
Different prompts or so?
Anyway, Abandonen is a fitting tag for now.
Yes, they are putting up far they have gotten with the updates, but it is not enough. I just hope this will make them get done with this stupid Orc update.
Those figures are called 'tasks'. It's the dev's estimation of the amount of work needed to complete the update. There's more info in the FAQ section in the OP:
How do you count coding tasks?
We count a task for each of the events of the story that requires coding to make sure it works well in the structure and doesn't interfere with other quests, adding various elements such as sprites or expressions, new backgrounds with their corresponding buttons and animated images, adding cutscenes and those that have renpy-animated parts, new features (such as the shard in the bag), hints, notifications, bag items, event-related convos, alternative talks, optimizing images, sex scenes, etc.

Reactions: Kisama33

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
I think if a game is marked abandoned, the thread should be locked and no updates posted.....then maybe this site won't go full retard all the time using the tag. LOL

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kisama33

Chase0074

May 23, 2020
Patreon needs to tie payments to the frequency of updates, for example, the developer undertakes to release an update once a month, as long as the deadline is met, payments go out, as soon as the deadline is exceeded, payments are frozen. Otherwise they relax too much, summertime saga is the same scam.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Patreon needs to tie payments to the frequency of updates, for example, the developer undertakes to release an update once a month, as long as the deadline is met, payments go out, as soon as the deadline is exceeded, payments are frozen. Otherwise they relax too much, summertime saga is the same scam.
Patreon benefits have always been met. The game is free for all and its release is not tied to how much money you give the devs or how much money they earn. They publish their daily progress for free and offer a weekly, more detailed report to their patrons. Every single person who voluntarily decides to subscribe knows what to expect and can make their own choices fully informed, they even know how much money are getting those devs (unlike those interested in supporting the guy who has just posted above me, funnily enough). Calling something a scam doesn't make it one.

reees754

Jul 17, 2021
regarding that abandoned tag, something more automated would be better, like a tag that shows how much time, weeks or months have passed since last update, so it is immediately obvious, and also something that tracks how frequent the updates are in general to get an idea what is the trend with this or that dev
Yep. Very good idea, that would be perfect!

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes