Cro

May 10, 2017
The 22% bracket doesn't apply to all the 7500. Let's say there's a fictional 11% until 7000. You will pay 11% of 7000 and 22% ON THE DIFFERENCE.

Otherwise it's stupid... you win 4999 vs 5001 and end up with way less money :)

Reactions: CJlOHNK and crackad

ScionDayne

Jun 2, 2022
Guess what guys? No one gives a damn about taxes. This is what happens when nerds get stuck in a circular reference that has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand. And that issue is that this dev cycle sucks.

Now whether your a fan boy and want to justify this bs going on and on about how 'Oh but the dev had this issue or that issue' so you can feel good about holding on to your fav characters body pillow at night... hey more power to you. OR if you're actually not just a simp and are smart about where you put your resources (unlike some who actually invest in this) OR if you just don't give a damn cuz at the end of the day it's free here.... Good on you bro for putting your money into things that actually provide dividends more than once per year or are just putting this in your rear view until the next free update comes along ... whenver the hell that may be.

But that doesn't change the fact that the lack of updates is wild and so are the people trying to excuse it.

neglection

Aug 22, 2022
It's sad that this game didn't received any update in the last year. I played without any expectations and left thirsty for more... I was looking forward for more Holly content but.. Well, that's life.

Reactions: BSsummerG

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
Guess what guys? No one gives a damn about taxes. This is what happens when nerds get stuck in a circular reference that has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand. And that issue is that this dev cycle sucks.

Now whether your a fan boy and want to justify this bs going on and on about how 'Oh but the dev had this issue or that issue' so you can feel good about holding on to your fav characters body pillow at night... hey more power to you. OR if you're actually not just a simp and are smart about where you put your resources (unlike some who actually invest in this) OR if you just don't give a damn cuz at the end of the day it's free here.... Good on you bro for putting your money into things that actually provide dividends more than once per year or are just putting this in your rear view until the next free update comes along ... whenver the hell that may be.

But that doesn't change the fact that the lack of updates is wild and so are the people trying to excuse it.
The lack of updates isn't even that weird. Most of the most popular games on this site only update like once a year. Never understood why people care to make a big deal about it here or on any other thread. Then you just add on the maternity leave and yeah it's going to take a bit longer. Just go do something else there are like hundreds of other games on this site

Deleted member 289409

Nov 12, 2017
Did you just multiply $7500 by 0.22 to get $1650? You should google how marginal rates work before scolding other users on their knowledge of taxes.
Yes I've heard of the marginal tax but money from Patreon classifies as Self Employment.
And with that said 22% was wrong it would actually be 15.3% for Self Employment, 12.4% for Social Security and 2.9% for Medicare.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
The lack of updates isn't even that weird. Most of the most popular games on this site only update like once a year. Never understood why people care to make a big deal about it here or on any other thread. Then you just add on the maternity leave and yeah it's going to take a bit longer. Just go do something else there are like hundreds of other games on this site
The fact one update a year is the normal in this site doenst make it right,they are alot of hungry devs who actually try to release stuff as often as possible.

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
I think there are as many as four reasons for the slow progress:
1. A second baby arriving. Looking after two babies must eat up a lot of time, and exhaustion from interrupted sleep at night can't help.
2. From their posts on their Patreon, they are clearly perfectionists.
3. Chestnut produces all the art from scratch, rather than use an art package. This does mean that it's much higher quality, the outstanding feature of the game IMO.
4. There's just the two of them. As a married couple, I can see why they don't want to bring in anyone else, as it would greatly change their work dynamic.

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
The fact one update a year is the normal in this site doenst make it right,they are alot of hungry devs who actually try to release stuff as often as possible.
Yeah and most of those updates are small ones that can be finished in like an hour with only a couple of new scenes.

Games that update frequently typically have short updates, games that update like one a year typically have more content per update. That's exactly what this game has been for the past 3 updates. One big update once a year that finishes a character's storyline. Like I said I don't get the big deal. If you are that tired of waiting just play a different game. I see comments like these on pretty much every thread and I don't really understand them. I could get it if the updates were irregular and often short but they're not

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
I see comments like these on pretty much every thread and I don't really understand them.
I'm only guessing here but it could be just a way to release some accumulated frustation, some people are just better at dealing with it than others or can simple "mind trick" themselves to not suffer from not having whatever they are waiting delivered to them as soon as possible or are just like you and understand that waiting don't emply to seat in front of their devices until the moment they get what they want and can just make good use of that time to do something else, maybe in the end is just better to let them have their moment and not make both sides acumulate more frustation for no reason with unecessary arguments.

Reactions: TREXrg
4.70 star(s) 448 Votes