Kisama33

May 13, 2018
I see comments like these on pretty much every thread and I don't really understand them.
I'm only guessing here but it could be just a way to release some accumulated frustation, some people are just better at dealing with it than others or can simple "mind trick" themselves to not suffer from not having whatever they are waiting delivered to them as soon as possible or are just like you and understand that waiting don't emply to seat in front of their devices until the moment they get what they want and can just make good use of that time to do something else, maybe in the end is just better to let them have their moment and not make both sides acumulate more frustation for no reason with unecessary arguments.

Reactions: TREXrg

lucifer66666

Mar 16, 2018
I think there are as many as four reasons for the slow progress:
1. A second baby arriving. Looking after two babies must eat up a lot of time, and exhaustion from interrupted sleep at night can't help.
2. From their posts on their Patreon, they are clearly perfectionists.
3. Chestnut produces all the art from scratch, rather than use an art package. This does mean that it's much higher quality, the outstanding feature of the game IMO.
4. There's just the two of them. As a married couple, I can see why they don't want to bring in anyone else, as it would greatly change their work dynamic.
I mean 2 of those points are fair enough not in there own control, two are but regardless this update is clearly starting to hurt where it matters most, there wallet.

StreamSteam

Engaged Member
Jun 24, 2022
I think there are as many as four reasons for the slow progress:
1. A second baby arriving. Looking after two babies must eat up a lot of time, and exhaustion from interrupted sleep at night can't help.
2. From their posts on their Patreon, they are clearly perfectionists.
3. Chestnut produces all the art from scratch, rather than use an art package. This does mean that it's much higher quality, the outstanding feature of the game IMO.
4. There's just the two of them. As a married couple, I can see why they don't want to bring in anyone else, as it would greatly change their work dynamic.
Scam dev apologist

DD_King

Apr 20, 2020
Yeah, 2 years is kind of unacceptable, but the update is like 95% finished. Summertime Saga is in 80% with much more people working on it.
i agree but summertime is different story its very old game and they have finished the game long time ago the updates are harder to make since they run out of ideas but this is hasn't even reached v1.0 yet so they should have written enough story and planning for the full game by the first year and that too generous as well first biggest BS is planning in the weekly report the f is that what are you planning for in 2 years even in 1 year

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
It feels terrible to wait so long for an update to this game, but knowing that their Patreon supporters gave them the green light for this kind of update cadence, well... you can't be mad at anyone else other than the whales that seem to possess no financial intelligence whatsoever.

If they didn't finance this type of behaviour, then we wouldn't even be in this mess, now would we? But I understand that it is easier to blame the people that you can actually interact with, as opposed to the faceless mass of folk with seemingly bizarre amounts of disposable income.

reees754

Jul 17, 2021
The game is not abandoned and F95Zone has no authority over it.
You´re half kinda technically right but that´s only half the truth.

The other half is that if the dev doesnt update in 5 years, but adds a line to his work every week (or at least says so) and posts some BS status update on patreon then yes, the game technically isn´t abandoned.

If the dev doesnt update in 50 years but keeps doing the same BS then the game technically still isn´t abandoned.

If the dev doesnt update in 250 years because he died but his grandgrandgrandkids keep on doing the same BS then the game technically still isn´t abandoned....... :)

But...........hehehe................. at some point any sane person has to look at the game as abandoned as it effectively is at some point, and on this site that point and the rule is after 18 months of no update the game is marked as "abandoned" and rightfully so, no matter of status updates. There shouldn´t be any discussion of that. I would even lower that to 12 months.

And lets not be naive here, the devs don´t like the abandoned tag because it´s an immediate sign of their slow development and every dev would like to avoid it because it really doesn´t look good and here on f95 are potential supporters - that´s why ICSTORE tried to game the system by releasing some status update right before his game being marked as abandoned.

Again, the "abandoned" Tag is a good thing and should be applied automatically as it´s a incentive for devs to avoid it. Not really too hard to understand..... :cool:

Last edited:

Cockva

Nov 27, 2017
You´re half kinda technically right but that´s only half the truth.

The other half is that if the dev doesnt update in 5 years, but adds a line to his work every week (or at least says so) and posts some BS status update on patreon then yes, the game technically isn´t abandoned.

If the dev doesnt update in 50 years but keeps doing the same BS then the game technically still isn´t abandoned.

If the dev doesnt update in 250 years because he died but his grandgrandgrandkids keep on doing the same BS then the game technically still isn´t abandoned....... :)

But...........hehehe................. at some point any sane person has to look at the game as abandoned as it effectively is at some point, and on this site that point and the rule is after 18 months of no update the game is marked as "abandoned" and rightfully so, no matter of status updates. There shouldn´t be any discussion of that. I would even lower that to 12 months.

And lets not be naive here, the devs don´t like the abandoned tag because it´s an immediate sign of their slow development and every dev would like to avoid it because it really doesn´t look good and here on f95 are potential supporters - that´s why ICSTORE tried to game the system by releasing some status update right before his game being marked as abandoned.

Again, the "abandoned" Tag is a good thing and should be applied automatically as it´s a incentive for devs to avoid it. Not really too hard to understand..... :cool:
Who cares about F95 abandoned tag if you make 7k/month on patreon? :D
As long as patrons okay with this amount of time for 1 update, nothing else matters
And the grumbling of dissatisfied pirates in this thread is probably not a concern for developers

Apr 22, 2019
Yeah, 2 years is kind of unacceptable, but the update is like 95% finished. Summertime Saga is in 80% with much more people working on it.
SS doesn't get that because the Scamlord DC releases his 3 AI-generated wallpapers every now and so his fanboys don't cope harder.

Regards this one I think abandoned is not 100% deserved. They communicate at least, but they really need to improve their planning processes, otherwise better stop the development and thanks all their supporters. They could also pause their patron, complete the update and reactivate the whole thing when they're ready to release.

They're(or were) also looking for a sketch artist, but no idea if they found one or not.

Last edited:

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
lets be real about that job offer, it takes couple minutes for any decent artist to sketch something like that and it would speed up absolutely nothing, because it isn't what is holding them back
also, learn to use AI prompt, dozens of sites offer free prompt generation that can easily be used for this exact task - which is generating ideas, so that makes that sketch artist job offer even more dubious, it probably is a response to pressure from patrons suggesting to hire someone to speed up the process and they respond with this bs ad to show they are doing that, same exact story with that weekly "progress report", yet donkeys will see just the carrot being dangled in front of them

regarding that abandoned tag, something more automated would be better, like a tag that shows how much time, weeks or months have passed since last update, so it is immediately obvious, and also something that tracks how frequent the updates are in general to get an idea what is the trend with this or that dev

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes