whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
As i see it, there's two possible ways this can go:
Option 1. We get a new update every 2 years (or game gets officially abandoned)
Option 2. We get a big update and the game is complete. No new updates. No nothing.

As much as i fear option 1, i hate the possibility of option 2 even more.
The ideal scenario, in my opinion, would be a small/medium sized update every few months, but this happens more often than i'd like to admit, for whatever reason.
You forgot Option 3.
We get this next update & then they go back to a speed closer to that of previous updates, now that the child is not so "new" & there are no more major medical operations adding to the time required to produce the game.

Currently far more probable than either 1, or 2.

Bohler

Jan 13, 2024
No, that was including the new things they added. Every time they add more, the % still goes up. Sometimes it is minimal, but how much do you expect them to get done in one day?
Not much of course, it's just that 96.2 or 96.4 is not really progress. Because of what I said before.

So if 96 becomes 97, then yippie. And if 97 becomes 98 more yippie. And if we have 100%, then bummer, because we still need to wait a month before it gets released (previous experience)...

Last edited:

DemiMaximoff

Jun 10, 2018
Not much of course, it's just that 96.2 or 96.4 is not really progress. Because of what I said before.

So if 96 becomes 97, then yippie. And if 97 becomes 98 more yippie. And if we have 100%, then bummer, because we still need to wait a motnh before it gets released (previous experience)...
And not to mention, all these numbers are arbitrarily decided by the devs. They have history of actually making the number go down by promising to add more stuff. So the number does not accurately indicate completion

cichy96

Feb 26, 2020
Calling production speed as "abysmal" is understatement. More than 20 months for single Update. For comparison:
Leap of Faith: best rated complete game on F95 was completed in 29 months since first alpha
Once in a Lifetime: 21 months
Monster Club Bifrost: 23 months
Monster Girl 1000: 26 months (excluding post release support and minor updates)
Art is great and I love humor, that was 1st game supported by me on Patreon with more than 2$ or so, but now, it's looks like SCAM. It's passed "so called 90% complete" in November. We almost have April!

Bohler

Jan 13, 2024
And not to mention, all these numbers are arbitrarily decided by the devs. They have history of actually making the number go down by promising to add more stuff. So the number does not accurately indicate completion
Yes, exactly what I saw happening a few months ago...

Reactions: Tnetnba

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
Common sense.
The world's biggest oxymoron.
indeed, which is why so many don't understand the couple that support this BS

You forgot Option 3.
We get this next update & then they go back to a speed closer to that of previous updates, now that the child is not so "new" & there are no more major medical operations adding to the time required to produce the game.

Currently far more probable than either 1, or 2.
and you forgot Option 4 - don't pull out and make baby #3 :KEK:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
and you forgot Option 4 - don't pull out and make baby #3 :KEK:
Yeah, I responded to someone saying "there are 2 possible ways it can go".
I didn't feel the need to provide an exhaustive list of all the other ways it can go. A 3rd way (now a 4th, thanks) was sufficient to prove that there are obviously more than "2 possible ways".

Don't forget, plenty of things are possible, yet entirely improbable.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDevian

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
For comparison:
I don't know if comparing games is really fair here. There are different engines involved, different dev teams sizes (probably), game genres, and circumstances surrounding developers, project-related or not, that can affect the process.

While I've only played one of the games you mentioned (which is made by a workaholic, by the way), 2 others are in 3D (makes a big difference) and the other had (in my opinion) much less refinement and quality in the art style and world design (backgrounds, area maps, sprites).

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
I don't know if comparing games is really fair here. There are different engines involved, different dev teams sizes (probably), game genres, and circumstances surrounding developers, project-related or not, that can affect the process.

While I've only played one of the games you mentioned (which is made by a workaholic, by the way), 2 others are in 3D (makes a big difference) and the other had (in my opinion) much less refinement and quality in the art style and world design (backgrounds, area maps, sprites).
Honestly, I'm not even trying to defend anyone here, when someone decides to do a project that is financed by other people's money, I believe they have the "moral duty" to show what that money is being turned into to let supporters decide if it's worth it or not, but in the end it's up to those supporters to decide if they feel satisfied with what they receive and the promises of what is to come and those are the only ones who deserve their focus everyone else has the right to "cry" if they need just don't expect the devs to pay any attention to it, they probably already have many of that from supporters to deal with to be able to ear others.

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
'You mean 'don't pull out and make ANOTHER baby'
I think that the "#3" they used already implies the existence of others. (But my english is not so great so perhaps you are trying to say something else that I didn't get).

Bohler

Jan 13, 2024
I think that the "#3" they used already implies the existence of others. (But my english is not so great so perhaps you are trying to say something else that I didn't get).
No it's not a problem with the english. It was just a suggestion, that after finishing this update and they make the next update they make 'ANOTHER' baby, to delay that update too...

• Wow
Reactions: Kisama33
4.70 star(s) 446 Votes