wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
dude, I learned python in like a week for some obscure webserver I had to take over to manage, couple weeks after I created a simple CMS so I wouldn't have to touch that py again to update the content, html and css was mixed there in between also, but it was so simple back then that it isn't even worth mentioning, before that wrote some stuff in basic in middle school and some pascal in high school, no google back then either, youtube or any courses, only a book or two and applying brain, and I'm not the smartest one out there when it comes to coding

so, yes, there is ZERO excuse to take months to update a project like this that you have already done several times before

arkopand

May 7, 2018
Also nobody seems to mention it but this game is mostly linear so the scripting involved can't be this complicated. Spaniards are notoriously inept at technology but there's no way this is real. They could hire an indian codemonkey for $50/mo and put out updates 3 times faster, they just won't because why would they

Grey62

Jun 11, 2022
Holy crap, I forgot this game existed. So was it really abandonned or Devs are just playing the squeeze game with the patreon ?

JoSmiHnTh

Aug 2, 2017
For folks who are complaining and don't know what happened, the dev got a baby + he got a medical problem that lasted for a long time, this caused him to stay for a looong time to finish it, his live conditions currently is causing a lot of stress on him.

reees754

Jul 17, 2021
Well, I asked the dev himself, and if you are saying I can't accept his argument because I didn't see him sick and having a new baby with my own eyes, for the same reason I cannot reject his argument too smart ass;).
Then don´t state it as a fact. Its just what the dev says. And you seem to believe him everything. :) Haha, ....don´t worry he prepared half a dozen excuses for the next update for you gullible patreons....

Sorry but i tend to not believe anything anymore this dev says after some big red flags like:
- Burner accounts defending and trying to calm down people
- banning anybody with critisism at their discord
- and the biggest red flag, after 15 months of development a user asked about the slow development and the devs answer was like "What? We are surprised that people think development is slow?!"........ Hehehe...... really... first time he heard about something like that after 15 months??? :) Come on....

Sorry, but this dev doesn´t seem honest to me. I was a fan of this dev before, but to ignore all these red flags and more you have to be on gullible levels i cant reach.

If this game would be a mainquest for the dev the updates would come in a 3-4 months cycle.
This game is only a sidequest for the devs, that pays more and more the longer he doesn´t touch it. :cool:

Last edited:

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Then don´t state it as a fact. Its just what the dev says. And you seem to believe him everything. :) Haha, ....don´t worry he prepared half a dozen excuses for the next update for you gullible patreons....

Sorry but i tend to not believe anything anymore this dev says after some big red flags like:
- Burner accounts defending and trying to calm down people
- banning anybody with critisism at their discord
- and the biggest red flag, after 15 months of development a user asked about the slow development and the devs answer was like "What? We are surprised that people think development is slow?!"........ Hehehe...... really... first time he heard about something like that after 15 months??? :) Come on....

Sorry, but this dev doesn´t seem honest to me. I was a fan of this dev before, but to ignore all these red flags and more you have to be on gullible levels i cant reach.

If this game would be a mainquest for the dev the updates would come in a 3-4 months cycle.
This game is only a sidequest for the devs, that pays more and more the longer he doesn´t touch it. :cool:
Why would anyone believe YOU? A user whose only contribution to the whole forum is to whine about 'milker devs' in this game thread?

You talk about 'burner accounts defending and trying to calm down people'. Well, name those accounts. That would be easy enough, right? When you do that, I'll name at least three accounts that only post in this thread (or at most in another couple of them but always with the same vitriol) always against devs. Those sure seem like burner accounts to me. Even yours looks like one at this point.

You talk about 'banning anybody with criticism at their discord'. As a discord mod myself, I can swear this is utterly false. You can't have any proof of that because that's simply not happening. No one has ever been banned from WaL's discord server for just expressing criticism. Laughing at devs and patrons is not criticism.

And your final 'red flag' is, again, absolute bullshit. Again, please show us that reaction from devs, and tell us why they shouldn't be surprised about people whining about slow development, when the daily progress charts they've been sharing in the last 4 years show exactly this - that the development is slow, and always has been.

Sep 6, 2018
Why would anyone believe YOU? A user whose only contribution to the whole forum is to whine about 'milker devs' in this game thread?

You talk about 'burner accounts defending and trying to calm down people'. Well, name those accounts. That would be easy enough, right? When you do that, I'll name at least three accounts that only post in this thread (or at most in another couple of them but always with the same vitriol) always against devs. Those sure seem like burner accounts to me. Even yours looks like one at this point.

You talk about 'banning anybody with criticism at their discord'. As a discord mod myself, I can swear this is utterly false. You can't have any proof of that because that's simply not happening. No one has ever been banned from WaL's discord server for just expressing criticism. Laughing at devs and patrons is not criticism.

And your final 'red flag' is, again, absolute bullshit. Again, please show us that reaction from devs, and tell us why they shouldn't be surprised about people whining about slow development, when the daily progress charts they've been sharing in the last 4 years show exactly this - that the development is slow, and always has been.
There’s slow development, and then there’s this. And yes I’m sure the dev is so incredibly stressed from getting money for literally updating a single image for 2 years with larger numbers, that said dev time has basically ground to a halt compared to the earlier updates, woe is him.

But you know what the main difference is between you and him? He at least gets paid lmao, you do it for free

reees754

Jul 17, 2021
Wait,moskyx is an actual discord mod of this game?
Now everything makes more sense:KEK:
Oh, Dang! Haaaaaahahaaa...... oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. Yep i agree, his posts make a lot more sense now!

That is simply brilliant! You cant make this stuff up! :)

And hey,................imagine a discord with moskyx as mod?! WTF? Haahaha! Damn........ imagine what you could even mention there?!! :)

Its must be like 1984 over there.

Oh......man......had a good laugh here.

Last edited:

len00

Mar 12, 2020
For folks who are complaining and don't know what happened, the dev got a baby + he got a medical problem that lasted for a long time, this caused him to stay for a looong time to finish it, his live conditions currently is causing a lot of stress on him.
So much stress getting 7000 $ a month from patreon(right now when hes not updating the game), not updating the game for 20 months, I could somewhat sympathize with the dev cause maybe he's pissed he's not getting a maternity leave compared to a normal job (maybe his wife works and she gets it idk), this is not a 9-5 he doesn't have to get in his car drive to work, work for 8 hrs and drive back, even with health issues no updates in 20 months is just disrespectful towards his fanbase and feels bad for other hard working devs, I would gladly take even 1000 a month to get flamed online by randoms. :)

4.70 star(s) 445 Votes