brinith

Oct 12, 2019
Someone said that this game was the developers' main income. Not sure if that's true, considering I don't even know if the amount their earning is worth giving up their day jobs, but if this game is their livelihood, then:
  1. If they stop Patreon billing they will have nothing to live on.
  2. They really should be working their asses off to keep their supporters happy.
Maybe this game was their main source of income and they realised it wasn't gonna cut it, so they got real jobs and now there's no time for this game. :unsure:

Who's "we"?
a lot of people unfortunately. Also, they confirm in their discord FAQ that this is their primary income, they refuse to hire any outsiders because this game is a metaphorical child to them and is their bredgetter.

• Haha
Reactions: Xupuzulla

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
a lot of people unfortunately. Also, they confirm in their discord FAQ that this is their primary income, they refuse to hire any outsiders because this game is a metaphorical child to them and is their bredgetter.
So if it's their primary way of providing for their family, do you think maybe they should take it seriously and actually work?

Finuee

Sep 14, 2022
I'm part of that group that got this the Abandoned tag. Because those are the rules. I agree it does suck and that we should probably change the criteria for the tag, but I don't really have that power.

I predicted the release to be around December 21 of last year. Realistically this year now.
The abandoned tag is definitely deserved, according to the current rules. Nothing to say about that, and no complains. Given the rules, it was fair. I feel people asking about it need to know why it got it, though, as they might reasonably make assumptions which could be wrong. Just trying to give people who are not following the thread an idea of the situation.

I personally don't think the game has been actually abandoned, but I do understand the tag is fair by the current rules, and also that I could be wrong about it. Also, if you're one of the people giving their time to keep this place consistent by policing the rules, let me thank you for that. I know it can be a lot of work, and a thankless one at that. And the benefits of that work are probably invisible to most, even if they'd definitely notice it if that work wasn't there. So thank you for your effort.

Last edited:

Abaddon Doom

Jul 12, 2024
The patreon page proves that this title is not abandoned...however, development for the Gomira update is concerning for people who are paying good money to support this.

VanillaLover

Jun 15, 2021
Or maybe a tag of the time it take to develops the last update (3 month update/ 6 month update/ 2 years update). I think it help dev to do better next time and user of f95 to choose what game play...
the new Search alpha has it as information displayed. Hopefully it rolls out soon. It's the only way I search with the absolutely atrocious one we have now.

Reactions: Finuee

Fantaldebert

May 30, 2018
Or maybe a tag of the time it take to develops the last update (3 month update/ 6 month update/ 2 years update)
I like the idea but would modify it a bit.
Rather than last update in the tag, in the first page, among the usual infos (name of author, other games, patreon site) a timeline of releases or a small excel graph.
Currently we have a changelog drop down menu but mostly including game versions and very rarely timestamp)

arkopand

May 7, 2018
Or maybe a tag of the time it take to develops the last update (3 month update/ 6 month update/ 2 years update). I think it help dev to do better next time and user of f95 to choose what game play...
You can get that right from the original post. This is the first thing I pay attention to when looking at a new game, in order to see how active the development is.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes