Kisama33

May 13, 2018
View attachment 3869257
I think I know why people here are angry with this dev...
The whole interaction is cool and all but omg the only thing that is calling my attention all the time, even now are those 15634 pings, and I thought that I had a problem with my 3300+ tabs on Firefox and then more 1200+ tabs on Chrome, god lord just delete that account and make a brand new on.

'.'.'.'.'.SAVE YOURSELF FROM THAT "pINg nIGtmaRe".'.'.'.'.'

Nah, I joking, just do whatever you want, you are fine, I am fine and everything is fine, as long as any of us doesn't spot any dog sit on a chair surrounded by flames we are fine

Reactions: xbrn

DemiMaximoff

Jun 10, 2018
Probably because they don't read my messages anymore. Pistachio's words about posing are basically what I said one month ago:

Another reason may be that this is one of the few devs who don't lure people into thinking 'the update is around the corner' but keeps saying that it will take as much time as he needs to create a similar experience to previous updates (that's his next message, that for some reason you choose not to include in this screenshot you posted here after he wrote that second, missing message). And, well, people here tend to want everything tailored around their own wishes and whims, and sometimes that's not how things work in real life, and they get angry.
The dude who's sunk money into a scam is in denial to justify his spendings. Who could have thought

BlacxXanderz

Sep 5, 2021
Probably because they don't read my messages anymore. Pistachio's words about posing are basically what I said one month ago:

Another reason may be that this is one of the few devs who don't lure people into thinking 'the update is around the corner' but keeps saying that it will take as much time as he needs to create a similar experience to previous updates (that's his next message, that for some reason you choose not to include in this screenshot you posted here after he wrote that second, missing message). And, well, people here tend to want everything tailored around their own wishes and whims, and sometimes that's not how things work in real life, and they get angry.
Screenshot_2024-07-27-13-56-07-86_572064f74bd5f9fa804b05334aa4f912.jpg
You mean, this? Look at the time when I wrote the screenshot comment here and the time when dev write new comment in discord dude. I just think dev mustn't give the answer like that to their supporters and fans. They had receive amount of money from patreon, it's like you have a job and target for the project to complete. But you give your supporters and fans the answers like the project never meet the ending. And that's why I think people here get mad with this dev.

And you know, why I ask the dev "do you still have guts to join the conversation in F95?" a few weeks or days ago? (I forgot) Because people here are very frustated with this update. They always support the dev (people get mad and angry 'cause they still believe with this game). If the dev itself give the answer here, or maybe update this thread, I think people here will really understanding about the reason or the answer. They just need the dev to give certainty this thread (or game) is not abandoned.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: _Gaalec_

Mordikay

Sep 23, 2022

To be fair to the guy I don't think anyone reads your msgs anymore when it's all just making excuses for the ones holding the leash.

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
View attachment 3872096
You mean, this? Look at the time when I wrote the screenshot comment here and the time when dev write new comment in discord dude. I just think dev mustn't give the answer like that to their supporters and fans. They had receive amount of money from patreon, it's like you have a job and target for the project to complete. But you give your supporters and fans the answers like the project never meet the ending. And that's why I think people here get mad with this dev.

And you know, why I ask the dev "do you still have guts to join the conversation in F95?" a few weeks or days ago? (I forgot) Because people here are very frustated with this update. They always support the dev (people get mad and angry 'cause they still believe with this game). If the dev itself give the answer here, or maybe update this thread, I think people here will really understanding about the reason or the answer. They just need the dev to give certainty this thread (or game) is not abandoned.
If there is still such a thing like "fans" in this thread and they are that interested in knowing what is going on they can just join the discord and ask there. Expecting a dev to go to each platform and forum where there is supposed to be "fans" waiting for news is naive especially in a situation like this.

They come here, give their excuses and then what? Just the usual, a group of people (that is now predominant for obvious reason) will gather around, call them liers and scammers, distorce their words to fit their own versions of the story and then laugh together in commemoration for whatever they believe to have accomplished.

But that would not only help only them having fun, would help the devs too, because they would get even another excuse to blame for the "delay", they could just claim that because they now have to spend more time with "damage control" they can't work as much as they wished and because of that the update will take even longer than planned and I don't think fans would want that, and if all they needed is a direct explanation to "believe" in the whole story about the development of the update then they really are easier to trick (not taking any sides here, there may be no trick or lies or scams going on here).

Now an advice to you and everyone else that maybe in the same situation, if you are not here to troll and have fun around with the situation and you are actually sad or frustrated with all of this, for more harder that it may sound, JUST FORGET ABOUT THE GAME, for a year, for a decade, forever if it needs to be, if you are not feeling well with the situation then it's nor worthy, you should not feel frustrated for not getting what you want when you want and if you don't know how to deal with that the best you can do it's not deal at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Syrabert and moskyx

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
View attachment 3872096

Well, if devs can't give a better estimation than "it will take as much time as it needs, and not less", what do you suggest them to do? To give a fake deadline they may not meet, giving false hopes only to crush them later? To go silent and let the doubts about their actual work creep in? Both options would make them look like actual scammers. This is a clear case of damned if you do, damned if you don't, so it's best to just stick with the same kind of response they've been giving since they stopped giving (and missing) deadlines back in 0.3.

Also, I think you are wrong in your assumptions about the people in this thread. At this point, even releasing an update wouldn't stop the users who simply don't like what these devs are doing and how they are doing it. Having the dev dealing with these guys wouldn't change anything except dev's mood, and not for the best. If people are genuinely interested in what's going on with development they can join the free Discord (everyone can see we don't kick people out for criticizing or even complain about the delay as long as it's respectfully done) or just read my messages here and check the progress tracker someone uses to post.

HarryFlash

Aug 4, 2019
I think magicnuts is in a bit of a losing situation with this release because of the time that has passed.
They're best chance of regaining a lot of the good will that they may have lost are:
1. Make sure the quality and length of the update are at a good standard when it does eventually release.
2. When it comes to the next update. Try to plan it so it'll release in 6 to 9 months and if it looks like it might take longer. Break it up into smaller parts, so there's always something being released in a reasonable amount of time.

A lot of people forget this is their first project, and it's perfectly natural for a new developer to make mistakes. And underestimating the time required to complete a project is one of the most common mistakes any new team makes. Hopefully they learn from this and return to releasing top notch content at a more regular pace.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
2. When it comes to the next update. Try to plan it so it'll release in 6 to 9 months and if it looks like it might take longer. Break it up into smaller parts, so there's always something being released in a reasonable amount of time.
This point is very important,fuck the few who want long updates,releasing content often is always better than waiting for "big" updates.

DemiMaximoff

Jun 10, 2018
If there is still such a thing like "fans" in this thread and they are that interested in knowing what is going on they can just join the discord and ask there. Expecting a dev to go to each platform and forum where there is supposed to be "fans" waiting for news is naive especially in a situation like this.

They come here, give their excuses and then what? Just the usual, a group of people (that is now predominant for obvious reason) will gather around, call them liers and scammers, distorce their words to fit their own versions of the story and then laugh together in commemoration for whatever they believe to have accomplished.

But that would not only help only them having fun, would help the devs too, because they would get even another excuse to blame for the "delay", they could just claim that because they now have to spend more time with "damage control" they can't work as much as they wished and because of that the update will take even longer than planned and I don't think fans would want that, and if all they needed is a direct explanation to "believe" in the whole story about the development of the update then they really are easier to trick (not taking any sides here, there may be no trick or lies or scams going on here).

Now an advice to you and everyone else that maybe in the same situation, if you are not here to troll and have fun around with the situation and you are actually sad or frustrated with all of this, for more harder that it may sound, JUST FORGET ABOUT THE GAME, for a year, for a decade, forever if it needs to be, if you are not feeling well with the situation then it's nor worthy, you should not feel frustrated for not getting what you want when you want and if you don't know how to deal with that the best you can do it's not deal at all.
You're allowed to use fullstops more than once in every paragraph

Rosswel

Aug 11, 2017
This point is very important,fuck the few who want long updates,releasing content often is always better than waiting for "big" updates.
I'm pretty sure that most of those who want long update don't expect the update to take 2 years and releasing content more often is not always better if the amount and quality of the content aren't good and well polished

Reactions: Syrabert

Syrabert

Nov 27, 2022
pistachio (the dev) wrote something about this some time ago:
[pistachio]
I think I started this update with a wrong mindset as well. We had two quests in mind that we really liked and we went for then, without considering their complexity (I thought having fewer quests, i.e. 2 instead of our usual side-story's 3 would be sufficient in speeding things up)
In the future, if a story we really want to tell takes this long, we will break it up into multiple releases (that's what we will do, probably, with the next part of the main story)

Reactions: Kisama33

bsr2

Apr 11, 2018
I think magicnuts is in a bit of a losing situation with this release because of the time that has passed.
They're best chance of regaining a lot of the good will that they may have lost are:
1. Make sure the quality and length of the update are at a good standard when it does eventually release.

A lot of people forget this is their first project, and it's perfectly natural for a new developer to make mistakes. And underestimating the time required to complete a project is one of the most common mistakes any new team makes. Hopefully they learn from this and return to releasing top notch content at a more regular pace.
While I agree that they are in a losing situation no matter what. They release it now, people are still upset. They wait until Christmas hell even 2025, people are mad. And if this is just like all the other updates in terms of content, people are pissed they waited so long.

Your last paragraph I completely disagree with. While yes this is the first game from them. It's not like they haven't had updates in the past that were the normal 6-8 months. There is zero reason why this update is taking 2 years. It's not like this is some complete overhaul of the game with a new engine, graphics etc, its just another standard update.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes