fusibile87

Jun 28, 2020
Honestly this game is really good, but knowing that it won't be finished in 10 years is really disheartening... i wonder how can people still be interested in the game knowing this...

Reactions: Ozzfest

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
18 months without an update is a long time, even for a free game. No-one disputes that, least of all the devs.
They have justifiable (to their patrons) cause for the delay & have also offered refunds.
Here's the thing, no-one is forcing you to wait.
Do you have nothing else to do with your time?
What does that have to do with the tag system? You know, that thing my post was discussing and what the whole conversation was about? This isn't about me waiting or being entitled, it's about how 18 months is a fair amount of time to mark something abandoned.

No you wouldn't. What utter drivel.
At worst, you'd get a warning from H.R. & enter into a disciplinary procedure. You couldn't get fired for months of continued non-performance, after that.
You would still get paid.
Ok, so now apparently you know how my company works inside and out. Cool, since you know so much care to let me know how I can get some paid time off?:cool:
Also, what kind of set up do you have where "You couldn't get fired for months of continued non-performance" because I am super jealous, hook me up bro!

Again, utter drivel.
Patrons can withdraw their support at any time they choose.
They have full power over where their money goes.
Pulling support can encourage a dev to change their ways but by no means dictates it, they have no direct power.

You'd have nothing? So what? They owe you literally nothing.
You are not entitled to anything, so stop behaving as if you are.
Where in my post did you see me say I am entitled to game updates? Please point it out to me, because as far as I can see the entire post was about how the rules for the abandoned tag are fair, I didn't even mention this game or any game in particular.

My I ask why you are so angry?
You seem to be taking this incredibly personally to the point that you are lashing out over a conversation about how to tag a game.
All jokes aside, I love a bit of mud flinging on the internet but not if someone genuinely gets unstable over it, take a deep breath, take a break, have some tea then go back and re-read my post and we can discus it calmly.

be233b40-7cf3-4080-8859-3602c0299e20_text.gif

Last edited:

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
Apples and oranges. They don't work for a boss. They are self-employed. The supporters can withdraw their support at any time if they would want to do so. That's their "power". Nothing more, nothing less.
True, I am not disputing that. All I am saying is that 18 months with no release is a fair amount of time for something to be marked abandoned.

godders3000

Aug 19, 2016
What's wrong with my math? 93,1% was in January 11. Now we have 94,1. It's been 22 days since then. 6*20/30=4
Be fair... You should probably count from 7/30/2022 (551 days ago as of yesterday), which puts us at about another 34-36 days away from release.

Calvar

May 10, 2017
A game like this is with this level of details, is extremely time consuming to do. Art and posing takes a lot of time, this game is using those two things to a degree that isn't seen anywhere else. They are varying animations/poses/illustrations every step of the way, first of all you have to make all that art which takes time and is physically exhausting and then probably reedit it a lot of times after on to make sure everything works in the context of the game.
The developper has to put that in the game, just doing the prep work, setting up the images, creating layeredimages to support those take time, then comes the posing which is one of the slowest task possible, you have to choose what is gonna be the mouth/eyebrow/bust/eye on each individual character in a sequence, and if you want your posing to be as good as it can be, this requires thorough testing. This game has insanely complex posing, it goes beyond simple mouth/eye/eyebrows, it's changing constantly like an animated movie.
You have to reload the game each time you change something to see the results, the reload time isn't insignificant and the game gets bigger and bigger with each release, it also make it slower.
Don't shit on them, there is a commitment to a certain level of detail in that game that explains the delay, it's apparent to any devs that ever worked on ren'py, if they wanted they could drop the level of detail and sacrifice the way things flow so well in certain scenes and probably have it much sooner but they have chosen an hard path and they are getting shitted on for that, it's kind of fucked up.
While agree in some regards, I disagree on others. I have worked with it. It is time consuming, however, not that time consuming (1-2 year updates). They like many others definitely are milking it and that's okay. The incentive to do so is just so great, and people are willing to collectively shell out the money each month. Why not harvest tens of thousands of dollars a month and stretch it out when people will excuse it and pay?

Reactions: bogodit

Jonathan0009

Jul 10, 2019
What's wrong with my math? 93,1% was in January 11. Now we have 94,1. It's been 22 days since then. 6*20/30=4
your math would imply that the work they're doing has equally the same amount of workload and all takes the same amount of time to do per percent. some art takes longer to do than other art, some coding takes more time to do than other coding, some debugging takes more time than other debugging etc. the game might be out in a few weeks, or a few years, who knows.

not a dev supporter btw, they're taking way too long, just had to get my opinion out.

Alexxx888

Apr 22, 2022
Be fair... You should probably count from 7/30/2022 (551 days ago as of yesterday), which puts us at about another 34-36 days away from release.
Art was finished at December 22. I took the last period on purpose because as far as I understand only 1 dev works after that.

Alexxx888

Apr 22, 2022
your math would imply that the work they're doing has equally the same amount of workload and all takes the same amount of time to do per percent. some art takes longer to do than other art, some coding takes more time to do than other coding, some debugging takes more time than other debugging etc. the game might be out in a few weeks, or a few years, who knows.

not a dev supporter btw, they're taking way too long, just had to get my opinion out.
Of course, it's not an exact calculation.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes