ZugBub9000

Mar 23, 2018
Abandoned implies that no work at all is being done on a project. They really should have a tag to divide projects that are still being worked on, regardless of how long any particular update is taking, from actual abandonware. Intermittent or Infrequent would be more useful as tags.

arigatogyro

Jun 27, 2017
its not abandoned game updates arive in a month or bit more but summertime is abandoned for 3 year and milikng idiots and pay f95 to not lose milking idiots
that games last version was a mere 16 months ago, while this ones was over 18 months now, thus the tag. thats the rules
buts its honestly funny how people fight over what game is more abandoned

holentyr

Jan 26, 2019
I'll admit, I'm confused why so many people are super upset.

Here, the husband is literally disabled from a medical issue, while the wife is taking care of their new kid AND HIM AND still drawing for the game! There is a reason why progress is slow, and they are upfront about it on their Patreon.

If you think progress is going to slow, then don't support them. It's super simple. If you think something is a scam then describe why it's a scam and move on... Just saying it's been 6 months without an update, games a scam without context is fucking STUPID! Being A DIK has REALLY long updates that take 6 months to a year to roll out an update, is that a scam? Drawing animations takes fucking time, writing dialogue takes time, writing GOOD dialogue takes even more time. The updates come out when the character arc is done, they don't do monthly updates. It's expected to take at least 3+ months... True this one is extremely slow, but they told their donors why.

If you are saying that they should hire out for help, that is understandable. It probably is something they should do, if they can. They also might not be able to afford it....

Lets do math. 7k a month but Patreon takes a cut. Your now at 6.3. Divided by 2 people is 3.15k a month. 3.15k a month divided by 175 hours is 18 dollars an hour, assuming they work 8 hours a work day. That's not a huge amount. Minimum wage in California. No way they hire more people.

I'm not saying their aren't scams out there, there are. Look at the java game Newlife. Clearly a total scam, Splendid only adds like 1 user provided scene a month, that he didn't even write. Scam.

There are reasons to not donate money, and there are reasons to be weary of this game, I get that and expressing that in a positive fashion is good and healthy. But it appears many people are just bitching in general and venting negativity. This isn't twitter, (sorry X), we are better than that.
And are they from US? If yes then 3.15k is probably not that much but in my country normal wage is 900-1000 per month.

Reactions: _Gaalec_

cikilotam

Jan 15, 2021
And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

Reactions: Filipis

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
Abandoned implies that no work at all is being done on a project. They really should have a tag to divide projects that are still being worked on, regardless of how long any particular update is taking, from actual abandonware. Intermittent or Infrequent would be more useful as tags.
Yeah lets add tags so more devs can abuse the system and get all the benefits of F95 without ever releasing content:rolleyes:

VanillaLover

Jun 15, 2021
Yeah lets add tags so more devs can abuse the system and get all the benefits of F95 without ever releasing content:rolleyes:
That's quite inflammatory, but not completely false. Milfy City is an example we could use.

If we're basing the terms of the proposed tag, Milfy City would fit it. Updates, communication, but no updates. Still, it was basically a scrapped together release that was underwhelming.

If I was to add it, I'd prefer to add a voting system to allow the community to choose.

odino

Aug 14, 2017
that games last version was a mere 16 months ago, while this ones was over 18 months now, thus the tag. thats the rules
buts its honestly funny how people fight over what game is more abandoned
nope that was just a bit rework on old scene to bypass abandoned its dont had an actual updates in past 3 years

• Thinking Face
Reactions: _Gaalec_

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
Exactly, the abandoned tag doesn't make sense in this case, the game is very much still worked on and we get updates about the work from the dev.

Maybe on hold would be a better tag? because i know the dev has live problems and all that so it takes time to get the update done.

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
Exactly, the abandoned tag doesn't make sense in this case, the game is very much still worked on and we get updates about the work from the dev.

Maybe on hold would be a better tag? because i know the dev has live problems and all that so it takes time to get the update done.
Well it's not on hold because the dev is still working on it and onhold games still get tagged abandoned if 18 months have gone by since the last update. The tag doesnt really matter it's will get removed soon

Reactions: gojira667

Derpsel

Jun 11, 2017
Well it's not on hold because the dev is still working on it and onhold games still get tagged abandoned if 18 months have gone by since the last update. The tag doesnt really matter it's will get removed soon
"soon" look how close the progress is on the tracker and the Dev said on discord a March update was unrealistic.

If that's how slow they're working now then after this update we can probs mark this game abandoned permanently :ROFLMAO:

ScionDayne

Jun 2, 2022
Tag is well deserved. If anything it benefits the dev as now he doesn't have to put out a bunch of meaningless communication updates and we don't have to be alerted to nonsense. The dumb people donating are still going to do so because they can't help themselves and everyone else can just come back when a release finally happens.

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
"soon" look how close the progress is on the tracker and the Dev said on discord a March update was unrealistic.

If that's how slow they're working now then after this update we can probs mark this game abandoned permanently :ROFLMAO:
The progress tracker says all there is left to do is work on bugs. How soon it comes out depends on how hard it is to debug. The tag doesn't matter at all devs are clearly still working on the game and everyone who dismissed as a scam has already left. Only people that even care here are the people who just get of on Schadenfreude and werent really following the game anyway. Nobody actively following the game really cares about the tag or how long it's takening and it will get removed soon whether the update is in march or april. Then this will repeat next year because these thread has been the exact same way for the past 3 updates

Last edited:

Derpsel

Jun 11, 2017
The progress tracker says all there is left to do is work on bugs. How soon it comes out depends on how hard it is to debug. The tag doesn't matter at all devs are clearly still working on the game and everyone who dismissed as a scam has already left. Only people that even care here are the people who just get of on Schadenfreude and werent really following the game anyway. Nobody actively following the game really cares about the tag and it will get removed soon whether the update is in march or april.
I know, I was making a joke. If people throughout countless pages have argued how long it takes due to the art work they need to make, and how it's only one artist ect ect.

I think it's hilarious that the update is this close to being ready, bar debugging, and it's still over 4 weeks out.

Reactions: John-18

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
I know, I was making a joke. If people throughout countless pages have argued how long it takes due to the art work they need to make, and how it's only one artist ect ect.

I think it's hilarious that the update is this close to being ready, bar debugging, and it's still over 4 weeks out.

I mean programming can be kind of hard. And fixing a bug often causes another bug to pop up. It's disappointing but not suprising depending on how skilled they are at programming in the first place

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes