MiniBlue

Jun 3, 2020
Can't wait to be disappointed by this new update, not that I'm saying the game is bad. (It just that I'm not into orcs, literally 0% interest in this kind of stuff.)
I will see you boys in the next next update in 2030, hopefully I'm still alive and kicking.(y)

joselelerele

Oct 14, 2017
Summertime saga has been around for a similar amount of time with the latest update and has a much larger development team.
Why is it so difficult for some of you to understand that these are independent games with few resources? And that's why they take so long to update.
Many 3A Games have similar delays with million-dollar budgets and unlimited resources.
For an independent game these development times are normal.

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
Summertime saga has been around for a similar amount of time with the latest update and has a much larger development team.
Why is it so difficult for some of you to understand that these are independent games with few resources? And that's why they take so long to update.
Many 3A Games have similar delays with million-dollar budgets and unlimited resources.
Because we can do basic math, cause and effect, and observational analysis. For example, if it really takes 1 day to kill 2 bugs, then how the hell did they kill the first 100 so fast?

Mordikay

Sep 23, 2022
Because some of us have commen sense, know how it works, other people that know how it works comment, see updates of similar size come out from the same dev or other devs in 1/10th the time and a million other reasons that makes it clear what's goin on here.

Honestly I don't care if the game ever gets an update or not and what the devs are doing is their own choice. Just commenting here because it's funny and if warning and preventing one person from throwing their money away being scammed, I'm happy.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Because we can do basic math, cause and effect, and observational analysis. For example, if it really takes 1 day to kill 2 bugs, then how the hell did they kill the first 100 so fast?
The 100th bug was killed on April 24, 2024. progress-wal.png

I'm sure you can do basic match and observational analysis a bit better than that. It only takes, well, actual observation.

Reactions: archene

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
Really makes one think and wonder huh:unsure::KEK:

Phil9999

Apr 8, 2021
Because some of us have commen sense, know how it works, other people that know how it works comment, see updates of similar size come out from the same dev or other devs in 1/10th the time and a million other reasons that makes it clear what's goin on here.

Honestly I don't care if the game ever gets an update or not and what the devs are doing is their own choice. Just commenting here because it's funny and if warning and preventing one person from throwing their money away being scammed, I'm happy.
To be fair are there many 2D art games to compare WaL to when referencing similar content cadence with full large robust updates? 2D seems like a dying breed, and the only one I know of with a very nice content cadence was Paradise Lust which had a full team 9 to 5ing it professionally.

Not that I don't agree with you that something isn't "right" here with WaL, mind you. If you ask me the fact they stuck to their two man team, while noble, is biting them in the ass. Just unsure if we can even compare to others since so many 2D art makers I know of are notorious for bad promises and long dev times compared to churn them out once every 2-3 months 3D games.

serader

Jul 4, 2017
Just imagine the programmers' faces if you tell them that they can receive 7000 euros per month, and work at a pace of 77 bugs (let's pretend that all these are bugs!) in 51 days. And it still won't be true, because in fact they fixed 16(!) bugs during this time. According to their own classification, the criteria of which they determine among themselves

vonamatas

Jun 23, 2021
7000 euros per month
minus taxes? ... still a lot, almost twice the typical salary of a programmer (e.g. Python) with some experience.
Programmers are cheap, especially if we are talking about typical languages and systems.
Software designers and testers are even cheaper
:LOL: :ROFLMAO:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: _Gaalec_

Syrabert

Nov 27, 2022
minus taxes? ... still a lot, almost twice the typical salary of a programmer (e.g. Python) with some experience.
please don't forget those dev's are two persons and accounting to salary websites average salary in spain for a python programmer is 52k euro per year and for the graphic designer it's 62k per year, so their "salary" is average :p

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 448 Votes