DegenDesu

Sep 13, 2019
Yeah, see there's kinda this issue with the goal posts...

...Someone keeps moving them! :eek:
Agreed that is the problem with those.

Though I actually find it much more "reassuring" if there is a sort of "goalpost" in terms of release dates, this gives the audience "assured expectations" rather than uncertainty.

At the same time, it provides the developers/creators who are announcing the goalpost some form of responsibility/accountability and a duty to deliver at that date, and to motivate themselves to actually finish and deliver at the time-frame they announced.

I can also take advantage of the fact that, if they are in the habit of moving the goalposts forward over and over, for years, even, then I can use that as a sort of "litmus test" for me to determine that that creator/developer is not being honest about their work, something else is happening beneath the surface, or as a form of determining factor that tells me that such creator/developer is incapable of delivering at all, which will affect whether or not the creator/developer deserves my support, monetary or otherwise.

It's more or less a reputation thing for me. :KEK:

Reactions: Finuee

shazba jnr

Feb 3, 2024
Agreed that is the problem with those.

Though I actually find it much more "reassuring" if there is a sort of "goalpost" in terms of release dates, this gives the audience "assured expectations" rather than uncertainty.

At the same time, it provides the developers/creators who are announcing the goalpost some form of responsibility/accountability and a duty to deliver at that date, and to motivate themselves to actually finish and deliver at the time-frame they announced.

I can also take advantage of the fact that, if they are in the habit of moving the goalposts forward over and over, for years, even, then I can use that as a sort of "litmus test" for me to determine that that creator/developer is not being honest about their work, something else is happening beneath the surface, or as a form of determining factor that tells me that such creator/developer is incapable of delivering at all, which will affect whether or not the creator/developer deserves my support, monetary or otherwise.

It's more or less a reputation thing for me. :KEK:
Well actually, just over a week ago (Sep 14) the devs said they'd probably give an estimated release date in a couple of weeks. So roughly a week from now they might have an idea as to when they will release the update.

Giving arbitrary dates for when an arbitrary release date may be set is kinda dragging it out, but then, what's new? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DegenDesu

Sep 13, 2019
Well actually, just over a week ago (Sep 14) the devs said they'd probably give an estimated release date in a couple of weeks. So roughly a week from now they might have an idea as to when they will release the update.

Giving arbitrary dates for when an arbitrary release date may be set is kinda dragging it out, but then, what's new? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I see. Looking forward to what will happen once that date is announced and come to pass: will the goalpost be moved, or will it finally be THE release (after about 2 years)?

No spoilers pls :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

It's all quite entertaining at the very least. Then again I can say this because I'm not really paying them... I could only imagine the frustration of those who do, however... or maybe they are not frustrated? Don't know.

Reactions: shazba jnr

shazba jnr

Feb 3, 2024
I see. Looking forward to what will happen once that date is announced and come to pass: will the goalpost be moved, or will it finally be THE release (after about 2 years)?

No spoilers pls :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

It's all quite entertaining at the very least. Then again I can say this because I'm not really paying them... I could only imagine the frustration of those who do, however... or maybe they are not frustrated? Don't know.
The ironic thing is, people who subscribe to these and other Patreon projects have a lesser sense of entitlement than the pirates who pay fuck all. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Finuee

Tor7

Jun 10, 2021
Kinda feel this should be reversed and say "Well no, but actually yes." Since they are active in putting out pretty charts with numbers and goals and such, but nothing actually happens.

Saw the abandoned tag today and came to see what it was all about.... Gotta say, love the game, the artwork is fantastic, but after looking at the map and how much they wanted to fill in the world... yeah, figured this wasn't going to go anywhere.

Oh and someone mentioned this being along the lines of Icstor... how long did he go without a real update? Then one day the "completed" tag appeared. Just curious. (I actually haven't ever finished that game. Downloaded the update, but never went back to finish it. Shrugs. Someday.)

Reactions: harem.king
4.70 star(s) 449 Votes