What game do you consider a masterpiece? (Choose only one)

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
There are a load of RPG's I consider incredibly good like Last Sovereign, Desecration of Wings, Daughter of Essence, Renryu Ascension, Fractured World, Legend of Queen Opala and Roundscape Adorevia.

Of those i'd probably have to put Last Sovereign at the top of the list due to the sheer amount of thought, planning and gameplay have been put into it so far.

The problem is, when I think masterpiece I think of a game i'd happily sink £40 on launch day like a Witcher 3, System Shock 2 or Baldur's Gate.

While I don't mind chucking a few quid at a Patreon for a game I enjoy I couldn't see myself paying AAA gaming prices for them.

Even those with far more development like Bunny Black, Evenicle, Rance and Beat Blade i'd only throw £10 at the very most.

Until I find a H game i'd willingly pay AAA prices for I can't call one a masterpiece.

This was brought to you by pretentious gamers, 2018.

Sep 16, 2016
Until I find a H game i'd willingly pay AAA prices for I can't call one a masterpiece.
I heard that Steam is becoming more open to Adult Games, I mean House Party (I think that is the name) is a example of that. The thing is, right now that is a proximity between the dev and "us", if AAA Adult games become a thing, I think the industry will become gready, just like some samples that we had with some Devs already and we gonna get alot "EAs" and "Ubisofts", cashing on some horny kids that will buy anything they throw at them.

Reactions: Vixxel and DJsona

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
If we talk about all games, then it would be Star wars: Knights of the old republic, even though Red Dead Redemption 1 gave it a fierce battle for that spot.

If we talk about adult games.... well, thats a little harder, since many games never actually get completed. In the end, I guess it would be a tie between "Redemption for Jessika" and "Living with temptation"

Currently keeping a close eye on "Milfy City", "Acting lessons" and "Long Live the princess", so perhaps one of those will take the top spot some day.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
School Dreams, School Dreams 3 and Meteor. All by Goblinboy. To be fair even the smallest of his games are still leagues better than most games we have from Patreon. Sadly this level of quality isn't something we can expect on Patreon at all.

Rastafoo

Jun 6, 2018
My Fav Games?
  1. Petite Goddess Emily (High Quality RPG with Impregnation, Monster Sex, and every kind of regular sex - not to mention corruption!)
  2. Four Elements Trainer - Still in development but the dialogue and build up is oh so good - when I got it I did nothing for a full three days its so good!
  3. Young Wife Souffle - Netorare RPG that's nice and short with a faithful wife route, its the greatest NTR game around!
There are more but, I think you get the point :)

215303j

The problem is, when I think masterpiece I think of a game i'd happily sink £40 on launch day like a Witcher 3, System Shock 2 or Baldur's Gate.

While I don't mind chucking a few quid at a Patreon for a game I enjoy I couldn't see myself paying AAA gaming prices for them.

Although, if you are a higher level patreon, and pledge, say, $10 / month, a 24 month development time will cost you $240...

Although I realise that this different for everybody, I don't really care about the price of a game, what matters is the amount of work that was put in and the fun that you'll get out of it. On one hand this means that I'd gladly pay over $100 for a fantastic game + DLC's on the other hand that I can also enjoy an oldie from the low-price bin sold for $10.

As far as adult games go, there are quite a few really good ones. Some are already mentioned in this thread. I'd add Good Girl Gone Bad for the amazingly branching storyline and Our Fate for the very well written and captivating story.

Reactions: AlienJeans

HSky

Feb 18, 2018
The Twist! no doubt: solid plot, unlimited fun, beautiful designs in their characters (Adriana, Rachel, Danielle, Emma are my favorites)

Reactions: AlienJeans

AlienJeans

Jan 13, 2018
Thanks everybody for your responses. I will have to spend more time with some of these.

GGGB is one that I have let sit for several months because I want to experience it fresh towards the end. It definitely was headed in the right direction last time I played. I've never really played the Twist, and a couple of the others I've never heard of... someday.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
School Dreams, School Dreams 3 and Meteor. All by Goblinboy. To be fair even the smallest of his games are still leagues better than most games we have from Patreon. Sadly this level of quality isn't something we can expect on Patreon at all.
Agreed :)

Reactions: Ignazzio

ThatOneLamp

Sep 12, 2017
If I had to choose, it would be monster girl quest, I have had a lot of fun with that game, to the point I was actually really sad for beating it because i wouldn't ever get to experience it again in the same way, you know what I mean?

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
If we are talking all games, then I'm with @Agent HK47 with saying SW:KotOR is among my all time favorites and a true masterpiece among games. Neverwinter Nights was pretty darn good too and not that far behind KotOR for me (same engine, different setting). All of the GTA3 era games (3, Vice City, San Andreas) keep me coming back ever couple of years as well because of just how much fun they are.

But if I were to limit myself to just things I've played that you can find here on this site, then I'd say comes closest so far for me. It's still likely a long ways off from being complete, but if/when it gets there and if it keeps on its current trajectory, then it will surely be a masterpiece one day. It's already pretty darn good in it's current state and should be getting it's next update any day now.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
None, to classify a game as such, it would have to excel in every area of gaming, and nothing comes close to that.

That said, Grisaia no Kajitsu is as close as it gets.

ilozq

Jul 26, 2017
If I had to choose, it would be monster girl quest, I have had a lot of fun with that game, to the point I was actually really sad for beating it because i wouldn't ever get to experience it again in the same way, you know what I mean?
one of the greatests of all time. came for the fap but stayed for the plot kind of a game.

dexterdx

Sep 5, 2017
adult games: Kamidori, I just like it, and keep coming back to it (although Anthophobia is close second)

All games: Vagrant Story. no game can even hope to compete.

Edit: As for Steam and adult games, they even let Ryona stuff on lately, I guess they sniffed where money is.

And when it comes to budget adult games, I tried several titles from Nutaku... OH BOY!!! Only thing worth mentioning in them is that some have decent art, rest is shit.