What happened to the 3dxchat game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
It's an online game and while we have tolerated it for a long time because it existed before we had such a rule, it's been causing too much trouble, and keeping it on the site is just no longer justifiable.

Reactions: KoolDaddyFresh

seuiogsdbg

Jan 1, 2018
The last post in the thread said you would examine the game for anything suspicious, and there was talk of malware, viruses etc... Did you find anything like that? Deleting the whole thread suddenly with no follow-up leaves everyone wondering what happened. If you did find something like that, don't you think the players would like to know?

Reactions: nerhaf

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
The last post in the thread said you would examine the game for anything suspicious, and there was talk of malware, viruses etc... Did you find anything like that? Deleting the whole thread suddenly with no follow-up leaves everyone wondering what happened. If you did find something like that, don't you think the players would like to know?
We didn't look into it, we decided that the game should not be allowed, so there's no point in investigating. Especially when we are all overworked with a massive amount of reports these past few weeks.

Reactions: KoolDaddyFresh

manowera

Oct 29, 2019
We didn't look into it, we decided that the game should not be allowed, so there's no point in investigating. Especially when we are all overworked with a massive amount of reports these past few weeks.
It's really sad to behold and say but seems that anything that remains and comes on this game reeds as a niche topic will always be left in the mystery and it's pure existance is only cause drama with ulterior motive. Honestly this just seems you guys got paid be silenced to not look it over by another devs, and then making excuses but delete it out of your site and sight so virus can still spread by users who knows another sites where to download it. I know it's not you to who blame over this.. but im sure this thing should be definitely be investigated more strictly especially SPD25's work because devs they decided to obfuscate the changes he the one who pulls the strings made to the client, and the server is using IL2CPP from Unity as a way to obfuscate itself.
Considering that there's no real way to base any new code off of what their current SPD25's work is about, it'd probably be a little quicker in the end to just restart a write own test server to investigate the dll's further.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
It's really sad to behold and say but seems that anything that remains and comes on this game reeds as a niche topic will always be left in the mystery and it's pure existance is only cause drama with ulterior motive. Honestly this just seems you guys got paid be silenced to not look it over by another devs, and then making excuses but delete it out of your site and sight so virus can still spread by users who knows another sites where to download it. I know it's not you to who blame over this.. but im sure this thing should be definitely be investigated more strictly especially SPD25's work because devs they decided to obfuscate the changes he the one who pulls the strings made to the client, and the server is using IL2CPP from Unity as a way to obfuscate itself.
Considering that there's no real way to base any new code off of what their current SPD25's work is about, it'd probably be a little quicker in the end to just restart a write own test server to investigate the dll's further.
The game is no longer in the site, it should never have been, it doesn't concern us anymore.

Last week we were being accused of being bribed to keep the game on site, there's no winning here.

The only way to win would be to actually get those bribes, if I had 1/10 of the money people think we pocket I would be able to quit my day job and live like a politician.

nerhaf

May 27, 2020
The game is no longer in the site, it should never have been, it doesn't concern us anymore.

Last week we were being accused of being bribed to keep the game on site, there's no winning here.

The only way to win would be to actually get those bribes, if I had 1/10 of the money people think we pocket I would be able to quit my day job and live like a politician.

So you're basically saying that something that does concern the users of this website doesn't really concern you. Not a very good impression buddy.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
So you're basically saying that something that does concern the users of this website doesn't really concern you. Not a very good impression buddy.
Whatever you do outside the site doesn't concern us in any way, we are all adults here and we are not here to hold your hand and keep you safe from data theft. And if we did, we would start by enforcing that everyone deletes all their social media, updates their software, and install VPNs.

nerhaf

May 27, 2020
Whatever you do outside the site doesn't concern us in any way, we are all adults here and we are not here to hold your hand and keep you safe from data theft. And if we did, we would start by enforcing that everyone deletes all their social media, updates their software, and install VPNs.
Absolute nonsense. No one's asking anyone to protect people from data theft. The point in discussion is about whether or not the game had any malicious stuff going on in the background and the website that the game's been publicized on for as long as it did should try to make an effort to investigate that.

"And if we did, we would start by enforcing that everyone deletes all their social media, updates their software, and install VPNs."

Another useless statement with no bearing on the matter at hand.

"We didn't look into it, we decided that the game should not be allowed, so there's no point in investigating"

Not very consistent, are you?

seuiogsdbg

Jan 1, 2018
What bugs me isn't the decision itself, but that you made a post saying you would investigate, to begin with. And then instead of just leaving the thread locked with a final post saying "We've changed our minds, we can't be bothered, the game is banned now" the whole thing was just deleted without explanation leaving everybody confused. No-one expects you to "hold our hands", except that you specifically stated you were going to check it out. What's done is done, but that was a dick move imo.

Iguita123

Sep 5, 2018
guys,just google it if you want to play it...its not hard to find it...if i may i could leave the link here for you,but dont know will admin allow it...

manowera

Oct 29, 2019
guys,just google it if you want to play it...its not hard to find it...if i may i could leave the link here for you,but dont know will admin allow it...
On the contrary Sherlock. Conceptual understanding in reading not your strongest debth of field, is it? Nobody asking for links, majority of people here are curious of the reason why it got deleted in the first hand without background information and notification. Because admin notified and give false hope and information, and then says otherwise which goes now in the category "a lot of talk little deeds" as he was going to scan and check for possible bloatwares and malicious dll's of the game in order to solidifies things further but nukes entire thread instead which is still completely readable with little effort if you know your way.. Maybe there is some gullible logic behind this but not very smart way to solve things and does not give a very good picture of professional ethics.

ReigningSun

Nov 14, 2020
I don't know what you guys are talking about in regards to viruses and whatnot. I've been playing 3dxChat for almost two years now and never had any issues with it.

Why was it removed? Are online/multiplayer games just not allowed?

1Jack69

May 30, 2018
you won't have an issue with it, it steal your data/info from your computer it stays hidden so that u don't notice, other wise it would be pointless if it popped up saying I'm stealing your stuff. and anti-- shit can't detect cause it's hidden in your computers files system to look normal , run normal.

ReigningSun

Nov 14, 2020
you won't have an issue with it, it steal your data/info from your computer it stays hidden so that u don't notice, other wise it would be pointless if it popped up saying I'm stealing your stuff. and anti-- shit can't detect cause it's hidden in your computers files system to look normal , run normal.
You really think that some virus/trojan has existed in this game for years and hasn't been caught by the billion dollar anti-virus industry in all that time? Riiiight...

There's a much, much higher chance of finding a virus in a brand new, half-assed visual novel than in an 8 year old MMO.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
People expecting volunteer moderators of a piracy site to investigate malicious software ..... i'm amused.

and does not give a very good picture of professional ethics.
Maybe because it isn't a professional website and these aren't employed staff.

This is a piracy site where stolen games get hosted for us to download and that gets monitored by people that volunteer to clear shit from threads etc...

seuiogsdbg

Jan 1, 2018
People expecting volunteer moderators of a piracy site to investigate malicious software ..... i'm amused
That's fine, I get it, it's not their responsibility or anything; but they posted a message saying they were going to look into it. That's what the fuss is, they said they would, and then deleted everything suddenly without warning. So naturally, we wanted to know what happened, that's all.

XBoyx

Jul 18, 2017
The thing is, let's think about it, do you really think that besides the passwords, ip and email they know anything?
Are we believing that they are super hackers that started to walk around our pc, viewing everything and taking our personal data just because we launch a 10 years old game??

Other fact, the person that told us that they had our data was a ex-staff of the game... This ex-staff create other server called pandorium and people just run to that game like if that was ok and free of malwares.
So, both game have malwares or both are clean. I dont believe one is the bad and other the good one.

My point is, have actual proof of what you are saying or just stop the drama already and go with your life. Misinformation just create chaos.
Be happy everyone and good 2021!

PS: I'm not saying the game is clean, but without proofs of the contrary its hard for me to believe.

Reactions: Iguita123
Status
Not open for further replies.