Ren'Py Abandoned Where I Belong [v0.1.0 Beta] [Elementario]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
I do understand, that is why I said that it is totally up to you on that. If you can without making it jarring, that would be great, but I totally understand if you can not. Would a darker shade of green maybe be better? I might be able to tell the difference, sometimes red and dark greens look the same to me.
Maybe I can try it out, I can't say anything until I get to making new renders, I need to check how that kind of lighting works with the environment I am working on, if I can make it look good and accessible to more people, of course I will do that.

Reactions: ILCjr

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
I have never used unren dev-menu or the console, so I am not sure what problems you have,
I think I have built a pretty straight forward game, will you mind letting me know what problems you have? so maybe I can fix it?
It was meant for the guy who asked for cheats. My bad I wasn't clear enough about it.
My guess's not working properly is because you used key bindings in your game, so you have trouble to open the dev menu or the console (Shift+D, Shift+O). Nothing wrong with it. I think you don't need cheats. ;)

Reactions: Elementario

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
It was meant for the guy who asked for cheats. My bad I wasn't clear enough about it.
My guess's not working properly is because you used key bindings in your game, so you have trouble to open the dev menu or the console (Shift+D, Shift+O). Nothing wrong with it. I think you don't need cheats. ;)
Oh, yeah might be because of keybinding xD
That makes sense. well, maybe I will change that key binding to something else in the next patch :)

Johnny6

Feb 18, 2018
Hmm... I see your point and the points of the other people...
I know dream sequences are cheap but frankly the kind of story I want to tell is supposed to be very character driven if I don't put in dream sequence it will be a while till a real sex scene shows up...
But many people just come for sex scenes and stay for the story.
The thing about sex scenes is that I can put in some sexy scenes before I develop the character relationships properly, I can also use dream sequences for some other drama or to flesh out some of the MC's past other than just sex and plus have a really good reason for various dream sequences.
Well, I'd like to know opinions of some of the people who have played this game so I can figure out what I wanna do.
Thank you so much for the feedback I get what you mean, I am just not sure what else to do right now.
I'd love to get some more opinions on this topic :)
Yeah lots of people come for the sex scenes and there is lots of people who dont read the dialogue or show any interest of the story and people like me who appreciate a good story and be willing to wait when the magic happens so it's impossible to please everyone.
Have you played 'lewd island' there people whine lack of sex and dev add dream sex so they whine for that sex scene are dreams. And if you havent played 'Where the Hear Is' I suggest you to do it right now, there is a excellent story and good progression pace with the main character and you can have sex with side character not in dreams. Learn something about it and you can make a great game.

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
Yeah lots of people come for the sex scenes and there is lots of people who dont read the dialogue or show any interest of the story and people like me who appreciate a good story and be willing to wait when the magic happens so it's impossible to please everyone.
Have you played 'lewd island' there people whine lack of sex and dev add dream sex so they whine for that sex scene are dreams. And if you havent played 'Where the Hear Is' I suggest you to do it right now, there is a excellent story and good progression pace with the main character and you can have sex with side character not in dreams. Learn something about it and you can make a great game.
I have played "Lewd Island" and I will play "Where the heart is" the thing is most of the characters introduced in chapter one... well I wanted all of them to have character arcs a bit too ambitious to pull off I know, but I wanted to that.
But, I guess I can add a few characters in the next chapter just so that the MC can have sex with them that way I won't have to worry about it being a dream sequence.
This is better actually, this way I can have a meaningful build up to the relationship with other characters and it won't be cheapened by dream sequences.
Thanks for the suggestion, I love it :)

Also, I forgot to reply to your previous comment, you asked me to fix the keybinds right?
, this should fix it.
Frankly, the linear version should not even have these keybinds since they are completely useless in Linear,
I made every normal, I just kept Q and E for quick save and quick load and Shift-Q, Shift-W and Shift-E because they shouldn't conflict with other keybinds and can still be used in Linear.
Hope you like it :)

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
If the dreams reveal something about the MC's past or some other things that are story relevant it is a good thing to do
Frankly this is what I really love about being a dev, being able to interact with players and get ideas about new stuff while also improving old stuff.
This not only makes the game better but also give me a lot of experience on how to make better games.
When I gave the linear version for testing to a friend of mine (Whom I met in this thread) he gave me the awesome idea to make some renders showing the MC's relationship with this family and I absolutely loved it.
The renders too worked really well in conveying this feelings.
In the same way your idea too was amazing.

I am very happy happy to get help from so many people, I really do wanna thank you all :)

Reactions: Akuniz

Johnny6

Feb 18, 2018
I have played "Lewd Island" and I will play "Where the heart is" the thing is most of the characters introduced in chapter one... well I wanted all of them to have character arcs a bit too ambitious to pull off I know, but I wanted to that.
But, I guess I can add a few characters in the next chapter just so that the MC can have sex with them that way I won't have to worry about it being a dream sequence.
This is better actually, this way I can have a meaningful build up to the relationship with other characters and it won't be cheapened by dream sequences.
Thanks for the suggestion, I love it :)

Also, I forgot to reply to your previous comment, you asked me to fix the keybinds right?
, this should fix it.
Frankly, the linear version should not even have these keybinds since they are completely useless in Linear,
I made every normal, I just kept Q and E for quick save and quick load and Shift-Q, Shift-W and Shift-E because they shouldn't conflict with other keybinds and can still be used in Linear.
Hope you like it :)
Well it's your game and you do it how you want it, but that is just what I meant, you have meaningful build up to the relationships and sex rather than dream s-scenes.
And you're welcome happy to help

• Love

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
Well it's your game and you do it how you want it, but that is just what I meant, you have meaningful build up to the relationships and sex rather than dream s-scenes.
And you're welcome happy to help
Sure, as I said always glad to get new ideas and feedback, I really liked your idea to remove the dream sequence and I really think it will make the game better.
So, thank you :)

Reactions: Johnny6

Akuniz

Oct 27, 2018
Well just starting but i noticed the "patron" workabouts... sister, mother and father... well lets see were this game will go but for now, i like it. In the classroom we can talk to some npc and even if we dont get event, we get replies, not a blank stare.

• Love

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
Well just starting but i noticed the "patron" workabouts... sister, mother and father... well lets see were this game will go but for now, i like it.
Well, like I have said a lot of time in this thread, there are no patreon workabouts yet, if there were, I would provide a patch for it here.
But... this is just the story I wanted to tell, it just works better with no blood relation with the family.

That said, thank you very much for the feedback, I hope you like it :)

P.S. It seems this is the first time you came to this thread, would you mind if I ask which one you downloaded, the sandbox version or the linear version and why?

Akuniz

Oct 27, 2018
well, "patron workabouts" was a way of saying that in previous games some got closed but were talking about yours. Well it was the first on this tread so i assume sandbox but in my opinion i perfer sandbox to liniar. And why, i perfere a game that lets me explore the game at my pace insted of being forced to follow a pre-determined story. Even if we need to grind a bit, its ok but gives us hours(even days) of playing, ill tell you some lates games of the type, i finish them in 30m- 2h.... what can i say more... keep it up, for now i like what i see.

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
well, "patron workabouts" was a way of saying that in previous games some got closed but were talking about yours. Well it was the first on this tread so i assume sandbox but in my opinion i perfer sandbox to liniar. And why, i perfere a game that lets me explore the game at my pace insted of being forced to follow a pre-determined story. Even if we need to grind a bit, its ok but gives us hours(even days) of playing, ill tell you some lates games of the type, i finish them in 30m- 2h.... what can i say more... keep it up, for now i like what i see.
Hey, thanks for the reply.
Nice to see you like sandbox more, the reason I made it sandbox was because I wanted that feeling of exploration in the game.

Thanks for the support, I hope I can make a good game :)

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
I do plan to add a lot of sex scenes of course but since I wanted it to be story based, it would just feel cheap to have a lot of characters to fuck from the start (Plus this is my first game I wasn't confident that I can make a good sex scene or not, so I kept it to just one).
So, for even for chapter 2, the sex scenes will be in dreams (Because I can give a lore specific reason for it and still have some sexy scenes without cheapening the characters.)
But I do plan to add 2-3 sex scenes in next chapter. Hope you will try it out then :)
Oh i dont mind seeing how the mom etc starts slowly getting it with the mc, as long you make the relationship progressing a good pace it will be okey, some devs though...take forever.... because they think incest should take like 30 updates and it kills the hype to any game, so my sugestion is the middle ground in games will be good, all people love sex not only us men, sometimes incest is no reason enough to wait forever.... A good example is games made by Icstor, a good pace getting to good parts and at the same time not too fast.

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
Oh i dont mind seeing how the mom etc starts slowly getting it with the mc, as long you make the relationship progressing a good pace it will be okey, some devs though...take forever.... because they think incest should take like 30 updates and it kills the hype to any game, so my sugestion is the middle ground in games will be good, all people love sex not only us men, sometimes incest is no reason enough to wait forever.... A good example is games made by Icstor, a good pace getting to good parts and at the same time not too fast.
I don't want to take long just because its incest, I just want to take some time to develop the relationships with characters and make it seem real and natural.
Nothing else, I was actually willing to make some sex scenes with the family as a dream sequence but now I have decided that I don't really want to have sex scenes as dream sequences (Maybe I can add some teasing but not sure yet.)
I just hope I can pull off a good story with some good sex scenes.
Thank you for your reply :)

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
ok..new "linear" version is MUCH better(for me) BUT..linear is bad choice to label it..linear means nothing you choose matters the story will plow forward on its own route...and as the choices matter..you best call it the VN version.

• Thinking Face

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
ok..new "linear" version is MUCH better(for me) BUT..linear is bad choice to label it..linear means nothing you choose matters the story will plow forward on its own route...and as the choices matter..you best call it the VN version.
First of all, thanks for giving this game a second chance, glad you liked it better this time :giggle:

About the "Linear", I thought even a VN with choice can be labeled linear, but I guess I made a mistake there.
Changing the game version will require the uploader to reupload all the links... which I feel bad about asking him to do again because of my mistake...
For now I will just ask UncleVT to change the text on the links.
Thank you so much for the feedback and for the heads up :)

Reactions: UncleVT

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
ok..finished..quite a lot for a v0-1 release..the vn style will please many more people..ya there are sandbox fans..but vn is the king ;) (my opinion of course..) needs some minor spellchecking but was pretty good actually...pity "he"was only stunned and not killed..how am i gonna boink (the very obvious succubus(her hair looks like lil horns)) hehehee

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
Linear:arranged in or extending along a straight or nearly straight line.
"linear movement"
progressing from one stage to another in a single series of steps; sequential.
"a linear narrative"
choice is the enemy of linear :p

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote