Ren'Py Abandoned Where I Belong [v0.1.0 Beta] [Elementario]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
Well, I may have an issue playing this as I am color blind. The red I can tell, because of the darker shade, but the yellow and green look the same to me.
I am really sorry to hear that... I don't really know how I can fix that, maybe I will try using yellows and greens less?
I am sorry I have no idea what to do... :(
Please let me know what I can do :)

And I am sorry for the late reply, as I said in the previous reply, there are some power problems today...

Reactions: ILCjr

Johnny6

Feb 18, 2018
I do plan to add a lot of sex scenes of course but since I wanted it to be story based, it would just feel cheap to have a lot of characters to fuck from the start (Plus this is my first game I wasn't confident that I can make a good sex scene or not, so I kept it to just one).
So, for even for chapter 2, the sex scenes will be in dreams (Because I can give a lore specific reason for it and still have some sexy scenes without cheapening the characters.)
But I do plan to add 2-3 sex scenes in next chapter. Hope you will try it out then :)
In the couple of first versions I prefer character developement and story progression over cheap dream sexscenes, they seems to be a just a waste of developing time. It's a lot more rewarding to achieve something with the npcs after few episodes than watch a dream.
https://f95zone.to/threads/whats-the-point-of-dream-sex-why-is-it-so-common.32058/
not to many votes but you can see a little of the common opinion.
PS if there is not too much trouble can you change saving back to right mouse button and hide to middle button, If it's too hard I can live with that, but because I played hundreds of renpy games and save is always in right button so I find that a little irritating.

Reactions: Elementario

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
it's a family nonetheless and technically he fills in the role of Brother and son which means and our culprit is another INCEST and about that hidden truth of his existence and his purpose that's just simply seducing females or maybe it's to restore somebody is dead and spread across in form of spiritual fragments sounds like queen's curse or into the forest but rather than being magical it's SCI-FI go figure and really a boy means 15 or 16 call him a man or Young Adult
It is indeed pseudo-incest, about the truth of his existence, that's simply because of the story I wanted to tell, him not being blood related just works better.
Your second point I didn't quite get it. I have not yet played Queen's curse or Into the forest.
But about seducing women, that's completely up to the players, the story doesn't need you to seduce every female, that's just what I want the players to decide, only 2-3 relationships will be mandatory, rest I want to leave it up to players.

Reactions: St. Valadeez_Jade

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
Looks interesting, but the "sandbox" aspect hurts the game more than helps. I understand they wanted something different, but the way this is handled makes the game feel like we're going through that stupid swamp from the Neverending story that gave a horse depression, and in turn hurts the story more than helps.
Thanks for checking the game out :)
Yeah, it seems people didn't really like sandbox much, I am thinking of moving to completely Linear because a LOT of people told me make a Linear version, I still want to see some more feedbacks but... I may be moving to completely Linear.

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
guess so, so guess I'll need to try that version, because the one I have is open world and I have to click around different rooms and what not.
Yeah, since the Linear was still chapter one, I decided to keep the links for both so I can see if people preferred sandbox or linear.
Hope you at least liked the linear version.

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
have cheat mod? i wans
Well, there isn't anything that might require cheat mod just yet,
The cash can be easily earned by doing chores (You don't even need to do it in this version)
About the interaction limits... well, if you increase that, the game might become too repetitive and boring.
I'd suggest at least for this version just play it without any cheats.
Thanks for trying it out :)

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
what is it with you guys always screaming for a cheat mod or a save????
where is the fun in playing these kind of games with a mod that changes the stats and a save game from a other player???
when there is no content for the "cheatet stats" for what do you need a "cheat mod" then??
besides this game is at version 0.1 what do you want with a cheat mod here there isn´t anything to cheat.

try to play the game yourself goddamnit!!!

always these questions at any games here about a cheatmod or savegame or something. (n)(n):rolleyes:
Haha, I get where you are coming from and I don't like cheating in most game myself but its easy to see why some people may need a cheat mod.
Some people don't want too much grind or some people don't need the story just the sex scenes, granted it is totally unrequired in this game but I get why some may need.
But its always good to see people who wanna play it traditionally, that means all the work spent on the game is not completely wasted and at least some people might see it :)

Reactions: Steinchen

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
I would say the main reason for stat and money cheats is to skip or minimize grinding. This game has limits to how many interactions you can have with people so that would also be a reason to cheat, to be able to check all interaction options with everyone. So it doesn't take away any content or play value in my opinion.

Using other peoples save games is not my thing.
Yes I get what you mean, but I deliberately wanted to avoid a game like that, I wanted acceptable amounts of grinding and I tried to make money as manageable as possible.
About the limited interactions, you get enough days in between to check all the interactions and develop some relationships with other characters.
I hope you didn't find it too grindy or rushed :)

Reactions: MikieB

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
Maybe it doesn't make sense to you, but it does to me :)

Yeah of course, if there isn't any content there isn't any use to cheat.
Well, I tried to put in as much content as I could for a 0.1.0 beta, I hope it doesn't feel empty :)

Reactions: MikieB

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
As for the cheats, the game is in a way build that you have problems to use the unren dev-menu and the console.
I have never used unren dev-menu or the console, so I am not sure what problems you have,
I think I have built a pretty straight forward game, will you mind letting me know what problems you have? so maybe I can fix it?

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Yeah, since the Linear was still chapter one, I decided to keep the links for both so I can see if people preferred sandbox or linear.
Hope you at least liked the linear version.
yeah, the linear version was far better and didn't feel like I had to spend 5 minutes going from 1 scene to another, and it flowed fairly well.

• Love

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
In the couple of first versions I prefer character developement and story progression over cheap dream sexscenes, they seems to be a just a waste of developing time. It's a lot more rewarding to achieve something with the npcs after few episodes than watch a dream.
https://f95zone.to/threads/whats-the-point-of-dream-sex-why-is-it-so-common.32058/
not to many votes but you can see a little of the common opinion.
PS if there is not too much trouble can you change saving back to right mouse button and hide to middle button, If it's too hard I can live with that, but because I played hundreds of renpy games and save is always in right button so I find that a little irritating.
Hmm... I see your point and the points of the other people...
I know dream sequences are cheap but frankly the kind of story I want to tell is supposed to be very character driven if I don't put in dream sequence it will be a while till a real sex scene shows up...
But many people just come for sex scenes and stay for the story.
The thing about sex scenes is that I can put in some sexy scenes before I develop the character relationships properly, I can also use dream sequences for some other drama or to flesh out some of the MC's past other than just sex and plus have a really good reason for various dream sequences.
Well, I'd like to know opinions of some of the people who have played this game so I can figure out what I wanna do.
Thank you so much for the feedback I get what you mean, I am just not sure what else to do right now.
I'd love to get some more opinions on this topic :)

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
I am really sorry to hear that... I don't really know how I can fix that, maybe I will try using yellows and greens less?
I am sorry I have no idea what to do... :(
Please let me know what I can do :)

And I am sorry for the late reply, as I said in the previous reply, there are some power problems today...
It is totally up to you, but maybe try a blue color for one, I can usually tell the diffence between the three. My color blindness is a moderate one, so I have learned to live with it for the most part, but it does make playing some games impossible, or at least makes me miss content.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Yeah, it seems people didn't really like sandbox much, I am thinking of moving to completely Linear because a LOT of people told me make a Linear version, I still want to see some more feedbacks but... I may be moving to completely Linear.
Sandbox could be fun, but the problem is how it's laid out in the game where it feels more like a chore going from one place to another. I think that's the main problem is that, because of how the rooms are laid out in this sandbox version, it takes a lot longer than it should and feels more like a grind and chore. As for interactions, it was interesting, though didn't really get to try it much due to my attention span being the equivalent of a hamster apparently.

• Love

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
yeah, the linear version was far better and didn't feel like I had to spend 5 minutes going from 1 scene to another, and it flowed fairly well.
Glad to hear you liked it :)
Any criticism or any change you want to see?
I got a lot of feedback for the sandbox version but I am not getting much for the linear one, I'd be interested in knowing what's bad and should be changed and what's good and should be done more :)

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
It is totally up to you, but maybe try a blue color for one, I can usually tell the diffence between the three. My color blindness is a moderate one, so I have learned to live with it for the most part, but it does make playing some games impossible, or at least makes me miss content.
I can try it, the thing is blue color sometimes seems a bit jarring whereas yellow seems very warm and inviting which makes players like the renders more.
I will still try to use blues more, but I can't really promise anything just yet... hope you understand :)
Thanks for checking the game out, hope I can make it a little more enjoyable for you in the future.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Glad to hear you liked it :)
Any criticism or any change you want to see?
I got a lot of feedback for the sandbox version but I am not getting much for the linear one, I'd be interested in knowing what's bad and should be changed and what's good and should be done more :)
If I were to change anything while keeping the sandbox, I'd make it so the rooms themselves don't have to be navigated, and instead you lay the different rooms out in a way we can click on them and be able to move freely from one room to another. This way, you won't need to spend as much time working on renders for different view points of a single room.

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
Sandbox could be fun, but the problem is how it's laid out in the game where it feels more like a chore going from one place to another. I think that's the main problem is that, because of how the rooms are laid out in this sandbox version, it takes a lot longer than it should and feels more like a grind and chore. As for interactions, it was interesting, though didn't really get to try it much due to my attention span being the equivalent of a hamster apparently.
I thought keeping navigation to WASD and ZXC would make traversing very fast but I guess that's because I have just gotten used to that style of navigation whereas it's a little jarring for new players.

Yeah, I was thinking of adding a traversable map so that players can easily move from place to place, I am not sure yet... it seems many people are liking Linear way more, I still need some time to think about the future of the game to tell you the truth...

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
I can try it, the thing is blue color sometimes seems a bit jarring whereas yellow seems very warm and inviting which makes players like the renders more.
I will still try to use blues more, but I can't really promise anything just yet... hope you understand :)
Thanks for checking the game out, hope I can make it a little more enjoyable for you in the future.
I do understand, that is why I said that it is totally up to you on that. If you can without making it jarring, that would be great, but I totally understand if you can not. Would a darker shade of green maybe be better? I might be able to tell the difference, sometimes red and dark greens look the same to me.

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
If I were to change anything while keeping the sandbox, I'd make it so the rooms themselves don't have to be navigated, and instead you lay the different rooms out in a way we can click on them and be able to move freely from one room to another. This way, you won't need to spend as much time working on renders for different view points of a single room.
Yeah I guess that can work too.
Thanks for the feed back but... I was actually about your feedback on the linear version, I need to know a little more about what players thought of the Linear version.
Thanks for your time :)

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote