4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

Vopeco

Mar 16, 2020
On that topic, was Katie and Leia supposed to be related to the MC? Like in SG a couple of parts of the story don't seem to quite add up without the lewd patch, but I'm wondering if this is also true for WIAB, because I like how WIAB refers to MC and Leia as best friends, rather than what SG does using the term "roomie"(always hated roomie as a placeholder in adult VN's and much prefer something like childhood friend or family friend). I just wonder if parts of WIAB remake would stick out as not quite adding up too if you don't wanna use the lewd patch.

Last edited:

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
On that topic, was Katie and Leia supposed to be related to the MC? Like in SG a couple of parts of the story don't seem to quite add up without the lewd patch, but I'm wondering if this is also true for WIAB, because I like how WIAB refers to MC and Leia as best friends, rather than what SG does using the term "roomie"(always hated roomie as a placeholder in adult VN's and much prefer something like childhood friend or family friend). I just wonder if parts of WIAB remake would stick out as not quite adding up too if you don't wanna use the lewd patch.
Leia and William are twins. The whole controversy is that there is a romantic relationship between twins. Katie is the younger sister. Katarina and Lucas are cousins of William. Helen is William's mom and Dylan is his dad. The other woman at breakfast whose name escapes me at the moment is Helen's sister.

Last edited:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Leia and William are twins. The whole controversy is that there is a romantic relationship between twins. Katie is the younger sister. Katarina and Lucas are cousins of William. Helen is William's mom and Dylan is his dad. The other woman at breakfast whose name escapes me at the moment is Helen's sister.
Correct, but the relationship between Leia and Willi cannot be all there is to Willi´s flight from Wollust. There has to be something else additionally. Dylan lied for them (and the twins knew it already) and as we see in the game, Helen spied on them in the garden. Kati telling their parents that Willi and Leia like each other more than normal for siblings would not have made that muchimpact. Even blackmailing them with outing them in the city would not have been such a terrible threat because the social backlash would not have spared Kati as well.
So I am sure that in some chapter we will learn what it was that shook a self-assured jerk as Willi was back then so much he fled Wollust.

fluxxd1

May 5, 2020
Well MC is a Zane like Katie and Leia so..

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
Correct, but the relationship between Leia and Willi cannot be all there is to Willi´s flight from Wollust. There has to be something else additionally. Dylan lied for them (and the twins knew it already) and as we see in the game, Helen spied on them in the garden. Kati telling their parents that Willi and Leia like each other more than normal for siblings would not have made that muchimpact. Even blackmailing them with outing them in the city would not have been such a terrible threat because the social backlash would not have spared Kati as well.
So I am sure that in some chapter we will learn what it was that shook a self-assured jerk as Willi was back then so much he fled Wollust.
I guess I should have said the known controversy is the relationship between Leia and William. In the new version, the relationship between Willi and Katie is much less hostile than in the original version. Monica's story is very different in the new version too.

Reactions: Turret

Vopeco

Mar 16, 2020
yes i know with the patch they are twins, but i'm wondering if anyone has played with and without the patch, i've only played with the patch. is it consistent and does it make sense without? Just trying to make sense of the story as I would prefer to play without it, but it's not a huge deal. I realize he probably ran away because it was found out he went up Leia's skirt, I don't think this would've mattered so much if they were just best friends and interested in each other, maybe i guess but probably not as much of a scandal as to run away if it was a sibling.

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
yes i know with the patch they are twins, but i'm wondering if anyone has played with and without the patch, i've only played with the patch. is it consistent and does it make sense without? Just trying to make sense of the story as I would prefer to play without it, but it's not a huge deal. I realize he probably ran away because it was found out he went up Leia's skirt, I don't think this would've mattered so much if they were just best friends and interested in each other, maybe i guess but probably not as much of a scandal as to run away if it was a sibling.
The core story is blood relative, but, patreon rules don't let it happen, so, people need to change their story for roomates :V

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
It is functional without the patch, but here and there you can see that the changes were made because of Patreon´s bigottry. In some scenes the interplay makes more sense with the patch, which is the original version restored.

If you want to see something really funny, play the old WIAB without the patch, since Ocean had to change the dialog middevelopment when Patreon suddenly started to outpuritan the puritans. There is e.g. a talk between Leia and Willi which is completely farcical in the "kiddie version" or the legendary question during the truth or dare game "Which one of your friends would you bang" and the two only options are Leia and Kati, absent and conspiciously so are his GIRLFRIEND Miru or Zoey and Dana. It is quite clear what is really meant with the question.
As for why Willi fled Wollust by night and fog cannot be only because of the twins "playing together", there has to be something more. as I mentioned before in e.g. posts nr. 10.073 or 10.011 and 10.014.

Vopeco

Mar 16, 2020
It is functional without the patch, but here and there you can see that the changes were made because of Patreon´s bigottry. In some scenes the interplay makes more sense with the patch, which is the original version restored.
That is exactly what I was wondering and the answer I wanted to know. In SG I can point out specific examples in dialogue of where it makes more sense to play with the patch, so I think I will have to do that with WIAB too.

Last edited:

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
Good luck with the game...shame you're willing to cut out such a vibrant route in this and Summer's Gone.
its the best decission a dev can make its impossible to craft a good story around a harem game cheracter progression and logic are a huge problem in this games

any dev that wants to make a decent or good story should go the route ocean goes with wiab not sure about summer is gone yet (note sure in which direction it is going)

Reactions: Icekatana

Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021

Hello,

So, this is the first official Dev Log of Chapter 3.

From Chapter 3 onwards, I will switch to the half Chapter counting.
I'll do the same as I did with Summer's Gone.
Season 1 is Chapter 1 to Chapter 5.
With Chapter 5, WiAB S1 will be published on Steam, Gog, etc.

1. Current state of Chapter 3, A6000, and the near future.

I mentioned in the last Dev Log, that I would order an A6000.
And so I did... The old version, though. (The new ones are going to be above 8000€ to 9000€ here in Europe.)
I got the last GEN for 5200€.
Speedwise not much will change (5-7% improvement maybe) but the card features 48GB.
This allows me to render all the scenes.
Another big plus: The card is only 2-Slots big. I could put another A6000 in there.
I might get another one after the next update.

I'm around 130 renders into Chapter 3.
The past few days have been jam-packed.
I'm moving in less than a week, and I'm also in contact with a new tax office, and a lawyer's office.
In the future, I want to work together with a lawyer to set up my contracts for music, freelancing, etc.
It's kinda weird how much this entire development endeavor has expanded... But if I want to provide more and more quality in the future. I need to put more in.
At some point, I will probably employ someone to handle the contract with the artists.
I don't really enjoy that part and would rather just write and render.

2. Planned changes to the PCs.

Here's a big one.

At the moment I have two PCs and something that looks like a PC.
In the future, I want to only set up scenes on one single PC. WiAB and SG will go onto the same PC.
Then I will get another three PCs. (I already have two.)
One of them is completely dedicated to rendering stills. The other two render animations.
But everything will be set up on the main PC.
So, in the future, we'll have one main PC and three Slave PCs to increase productivity.

I'm currently producing the Steam Trailer for Summer's Gone. (Apparently I need one for Steam.)
And it just takes forever... All 3 PCs were on this and it took 5 days to set up and render 10 animations.
That's too long. Slave PCs are the way to go with animations.

Sometime in 2022, I will buy an absolute goddess of a workstation. This will be the main PC for setting up and rendering at the end of the day.
My currently used two PCs will become Slave PCs.
The third animation PC I can barely use will retire. (Its insides are from 2015 and got a 2080Ti, which only has 11GB VRAM.)

3. WiAB will go 4k.

With the update to Renpy, I'm now able to create the game with 4k images. I tested some stuff out and the file size would be about 30-40% bigger.
But the quality improvement would be immense.
I already render everything (except animations) in 4k. And I manually scale it down in postwork.
So by going 4k, postwork actually speeds up A LOT. (I don't use a batch scale program, as I have some specific scaling options in PS to preserve quality.)

I will need to redo the post on the renders from Chapter 1 and Chapter 2. But that shouldn't take long.
I will start with it over Christmas for 2h a day.

3. Previews (Comparisons.)

Last time I mentioned that I would be previewing someone that appeared in the old game.
The police station was foreshadowing.

Old Abigail Chapter 2
Old Abigail's introduction was... umm... let's call it 'special'.
AbiOld_Ch2.jpg AbiOld_Ch4.jpg

New Abigail
McLeiaAbi_New.png

Old Abigail Chapter 4
AbiOld_Ch4.jpg

Old Abigail Chapter 6
AbiOldCh6_1.jpg AbiOld_Ch6.jpg

New Abigail
AbiNew2.png

Old Leia and Abi
AbiOldCh4_Leia2.jpg AbiOldCh4_Leia.jpg

New Leia and Abi
AbiNew.png Leia_new1.png

Personality-wise, Abigail hasn't changed a lot.
Her background and past are completely different now. So is the role she's going to play in WiAB.

We VN early access developers have one big issue. We release games in parts with only a few months of work in them.
You probably noticed that I change characters here and there. Especially boob/ass forms and sizes.
During my postwork on Chapter 2, I personally found Leia's tits a tat too big and weirdly formed.
In these previews, you see some more compact and formed boobs. I did some Zbrushing. They're a little bit smaller now.
I could of course just ignore it and just keep everyone how they are... But I don't like this approach. It's a WIP.
Anyways, Leia's tiddies are a little smaller now with a new form sculpt.

Ch2
ad1483.jpg

Ch3
McLeia_New.png Leia_new2.png

They're still big.
But I now find them a lot more aesthetically pleasing.
And some cutie Leia for the end.
Leia_new3.png

This is the last Dev Log in my current place. It's been quite a ride.
- Ocean

Last edited:

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Nice update - I like the idea of moving to 4k across the board. While I have some sympathy for bandwidth-challenged folks, I ultimately want the highest quality and run all my games in 4k already so looking forward to that.

Like what appear to be bigger areolas on Leia - nice change from what seems like the same nipples on nearly every girl in these types of games - wonder if Ocean could ever do large nipples, too, I always liked Kayden Kross's nipples (of course part of that is probably because she's so damn gorgeous - reminds me of Amber from Summer's Gone) - wouldn't mind seeing Ocean experiment with that on Leia a bit.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Looking at the new Abigail, I understand that maybe the general intention was to lower the average age of the "milfs". Of the older girls, she must be the one that most resembles the old version, but, if I'm going to complain, the old version gave more that feeling of an aging lady with a tough action heroine profile... I guess that's what the scar is for, to give that feeling in a visibly younger face.

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
I haven't played the old version. Can someone give me a brief explanation of who Abigail is?
Helen's best friend and the police chief. Monica gives some information on her when you go see her in the new version. Since the dev blog says her role will be different this time, I can't really say what will carry over.

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes