4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
Another 1.5 years and we can get reworked 2 chapter, YAY! Also can't wait for a rework of Summer's gone. And after that another rework of chapter 1!
2 years not 1,5... 2 and if you actually take his 0.6 update that was not even a full 0.6 which is confirmed to also have been scrapped and will be reworked grab the wait time for 0.6 and throw that one away too so we would be past 2.5 years.
Summer's Gone received its reworks and was the back to back update for a while. I want to see what he is planning on doing now. He is taking a small break that is all good and dandy, but the question is.... who is going to get the focus next... SG or WiAB, because if it is SG I will be sorely disappointed as SG has been getting the most attention by him by far despite him calling WiAB his "baby" and being first.

I like what I have seen and experienced so far, however the few people mentioning that this new update has 1 and a half hour of content, I have no idea how slow their reading skills are or how awestruck they were that they forgot to continue the game right after cut scenes or how immersed they were beating their meat that they forgot to clock their time. But by my personal frame and I have now played with multiple options and only skipping SOME stuff. first run and second run combined I clocked around 45 to 50 min AT MOST and that is including the full play of all the cutscenes.

But yeah even than the amount of content received versus the wait, I am still disappointed in terms of what we got in content. I am however pleased with the rework and development and the improvements done to the story.

Djo00

Dec 15, 2018
Summer's Gone Playlist:

Youtube :

Where It All Began Playlist:

Last edited:

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
okay first of all you can replay parts of a sex scene already

and if I remember correctly this game will not have a harem

you can be in a three-way relationship or you can be in a relationship with two women but no harem

and personally, for me I hate harem I love monogamy

I'm a one-woman kind of man

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, good for you that you are into monogamy but those who have a hard time with settling for only one woman would definitely prefer a harem option. Also I know that we can replay certain scenes but they don't loop at a specific point that you might wanna look at a little longer at. Like for example there's a shot where the main character is fucking Miru in a POV shot and it only stays at that scene for like 4 or 5 seconds before it moves to a different angle... that's what I mean. I would really like if we had the option to keep looking at a specific shot within a sex scene for however long we like.

Rule97

May 2, 2018
2 years not 1,5... 2 and if you actually take his 0.6 update that was not even a full 0.6 which is confirmed to also have been scrapped and will be reworked grab the wait time for 0.6 and throw that one away too so we would be past 2.5 years.
Summer's Gone received its reworks and was the back to back update for a while. I want to see what he is planning on doing now. He is taking a small break that is all good and dandy, but the question is.... who is going to get the focus next... SG or WiAB, because if it is SG I will be sorely disappointed as SG has been getting the most attention by him by far despite him calling WiAB his "baby" and being first.

I like what I have seen and experienced so far, however the few people mentioning that this new update has 1 and a half hour of content, I have no idea how slow their reading skills are or how awestruck they were that they forgot to continue the game right after cut scenes or how immersed they were beating their meat that they forgot to clock their time. But by my personal frame and I have now played with multiple options and only skipping SOME stuff. first run and second run combined I clocked around 45 to 50 min AT MOST and that is including the full play of all the cutscenes.

But yeah even than the amount of content received versus the wait, I am still disappointed in terms of what we got in content. I am however pleased with the rework and development and the improvements done to the story.
h the dev is also the author of Summer's Gone, nevermind my previous comment of me being 60 when this is finished, Summer's Gone is going to end when im 60, this when im 80

Rule97

May 2, 2018
Also, ngl I kinda blame the super detailed soundtracks for games like this and LoF that adds some time to the "development" of these games.

Sep 3, 2020
Well, good for you that you are into monogamy but those who have a hard time with settling for only one woman would definitely prefer a harem option. Also I know that we can replay certain scenes but they don't loop at a specific point that you might wanna look at a little longer at. Like for example there's a shot where the main character is fucking Miru in a POV shot and it only stays at that scene for like 4 or 5 seconds before it moves to a different angle... that's what I mean. I would really like if we had the option to keep looking at a specific shot within a sex scene for however long we like.
ooooh ok well I don't know but you can try bringing it up in the Discord as a suggestion about the sex scenes

maybe that will work but I don't know I'm not an expert when it comes to Discord

Nercoz

Dec 25, 2017
Alrighty then..

Let me start by saying that I'm a huge fan of Oceanlab's art. I liked the previous version of WIAB, but what really blew my mind was SG. I was so enthralled by it that I decided to hit up patreon just as I finished the available content. However..

Having in mind dev's past modus operandi, I decided to wait a bit and see how things are going to develop, and if everything was in order just dump the whole amount at once. Sadly, what I feared would happen DID actually end up happening. Another gigantic time interval between updates, another rework, more news about delays and whatnot..

Once again, I really like Oceanlab's art, so I decided to stick around.
Seeing how SG only got half a chapter was a huge disappointment, but I stayed patient as there was talk that reworked WIAB will follow it up soon. Half a year later we get this update which gives us about 1 hour of gameplay if you try every combination of choices at a mediocre speed. Once again - not great.

I can't stress this enough - this isn't a "SG is getting way more attention than it should as opposed to WIAB" or vice versa rant, I like both games (SG is superior in nearly every way imaginable tho) and I wish to see both of them advance regularly, but I'm afraid I'll turn 50 by the time we get half way to either one of them, lol.

Why am I writing this wall of text you might ask if you've even gotten this far. Well, I saw people who complain about the long waiting time (and rightfully so, sorry) getting "attacked" with "you get this for free so you don't get to complain" argument. Well no shit I'm playing this for free? What sane person is going to spend their money on a product this scarce and unpredictable?

I want to support this dev, I truly do, but only after they get their shit together. I understand being a perfectionist and only aiming at absolute best, but you can't possibly expect people to donate to your cause while all you dish out are reworks that come once in every couple years. I wish I was joking, but I fully expect to see news about yet another SG rework from scratch while planned reworked WIAB content is still in the process of getting finished, lol.

I don't see how developing two games at the same time is going to work out in the long run, especially with this treatment, so maybe "maining" one of the two while occasionally working the other is the solution. (I wouldn't mind if they focused on either one really, even tho SG is clearly better, kek)

With that in mind, I read that they are going to change things around and start dishing out more content more frequently instead of polishing the already polished product over and over again. Great fucking news if that really is the case! If they, however, don't, then I'm sad to say that you're better off supporting other devs who are actually proven and reliable.

Also, I understand that health and mental issues are a major factor, but I'd say that's a result of their own doing. I don't mean to sound harsh, that really sucks, but running in circles WILL lead to stress and apathy.

I hope this break from development is going to help the dev, and that they'll come back with a healthy body, fresh mind, a structured plan and solid strategy, or all of this will have been in vain.

I wish Ocean a speedy recovery and here's hoping we'll get to see more new content on a regular basis from now on.

Cheers

vip777

May 24, 2017
This is amazing! A completely new level of play. I've played a lot of games, but it really made me keep a close eye on everything on the screen! I've never written a review, but this game made me break that rule. Keep it up! Definitely like and subscribe! Just one request, do not abandon the project and update as often as possible!
P.S. Sorry for my English, this is not my native language.

vip777

May 24, 2017
P.P.S.
There are games with beautiful art and videos in the Treasure of Nadia style, but I didn't like the protagonist there. Also lack of NTR / cheating. Everything in this game is great!

phupdup2

Nov 14, 2021
What's the difference in this revamp? The old one seems to be the usual Daz models and rendering suite. Is this new one a move to Blender? The anims showed good keyframing but were a bit slow and had some internal bone weirdness. Notice that right leg doing a weird jiggy puff in that first standing penetration scene.

vip777

May 24, 2017
The anims showed good keyframing but were a bit slow and had some internal bone weirdness. Notice that right leg doing a weird jiggy puff in that first standing penetration scene.
Create something better. The criticism is important but constructive. The man has created a very beautiful project. Minor bugs are possible, but overall this is a very high-quality work. Maybe I'm comparing to the wrong games. Then give me an example of something better.

phupdup2

Nov 14, 2021
I was just trying to figure out what they were using. The quirks I pointed out are probably a clue to whatever model they were using. Never used DAZ myself, and the vast majority of the work using it is by rank amateurs or lazy money grabbers. Fallout and Elder Scrolls models have some skeleton mods that produce impressive results, but they have some bizarre edge case effects. So I'm guessing they made a move to Blender or something similar.

Create something better. The criticism is important but constructive. The man has created a very beautiful project. Minor bugs are possible, but overall this is a very high-quality work. Maybe I'm comparing to the wrong games. Then give me an example of something better.

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
On the Patreon page, I read that the creator has a health problem. Hope for his speedy recovery.
Not only that, Ocean is working on 2 projects simultaneously, (This and Summer's Gone) fully reworking one of them (this) most likely will start reworking the other project too (Summer's Gone). You see what I am getting at?

You aren't going to be getting timely updates, buddy. This project was already something like over 2 years in to development and now it's been restarted from scratch. Both projects are going to take a long time, especially with the quality that Ocean strides for. One project takes most developers a couple years minimum, Ocean is working on two of them while also reworking them.
Long.Ass.Waits.Ahead. You have been warned ;)

Reactions: RolandG.

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
I was just trying to figure out what they were using. The quirks I pointed out are probably a clue to whatever model they were using. Never used DAZ myself, and the vast majority of the work using it is by rank amateurs or lazy money grabbers. Fallout and Elder Scrolls models have some skeleton mods that produce impressive results, but they have some bizarre edge case effects. So I'm guessing they made a move to Blender or something similar.
Nah man, these are still Daz Studio Assets. The lighting, render settings, camera placement, postwork, etc all make A HELL of a difference for the final result.

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes