4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Done with the current update as well. How often does this one release? Once a year? Twice?
It has been haphazard while Ocean was sorting SG out, especially for it's Steam release. Hoping now things settle down to a more regular pattern, especially given he is now getting this on Steam also with the next update due to the Patreon loss.

I would espect now alternate updates with SG, so this, then that, then this again etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: StingerWolf

Kakasan

May 23, 2023
I has been haphazard while Ocean was sorting SG out, especially for it's Steam release. Hoping now things settle down to a more regular pattern, especially given he is now getting this on Steam also with the next update due to the Patreon loss.

I would espect now alternate updates with SG, so this, then that, then this again etc.
I know the update will have something between 2000/2400 renders, but I don't know what percentage is currently I wish it was at 80%.

Reactions: StingerWolf

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
It has been haphazard while Ocean was sorting SG out, especially for it's Steam release. Hoping now things settle down to a more regular pattern, especially given he is now getting this on Steam also with the next update due to the Patreon loss.

I see, then I should expect it around december in the worst worst case. Thanks!

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I see, then I should expect it around december in the worst worst case. Thanks!
I personally would expect it much sooner than then, because then that means it would be 12 months for S2 of SG, and that is never going to happen again. Ocean's fans give him leeway...a lot of it but everyone has a breaking point and 12 month release schedules again will do him no favours.

I would expect the next chapter of this by the end of Sept latest (let's see how close I am lol), however, as always, time will tell.

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
So it is rather safe to
I personally would expect it much sooner than then, because then that means it would be 12 months for S2 of SG, and that is never going to happen again. Ocean's fans give him leeway...a lot of it but everyone has a breaking point and 12 month release schedules again will do him no favours.

I would expect the next chapter of this by the end of Sept latest (let's see how close I am lol), however, as always, time will tell.
You have a point. Thing is, I like to expect always the worst, to be pleasantly surprised by the opposite. :) (that's my life policy)

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
So it is rather safe to
You have a point. Thing is, I like to expect always the worst, to be pleasantly surprised by the opposite. :) (that's my life policy)
It's a good motto and to be fair (I'm a fan...but neither blind nor stupid), Ocean has a lot of work to do get back to a normal and consistant release schedule and appease the legion of people who mock him for long update times. That is somewhat justified I'll agree even though there were reasons for the long delays. It's the main reason I stopped my support for this title.

Thankfully this never suffered the same issues as SG with the rework starting from Chapter 1 right at the start and not some reworking here, some there...blah blah....so the consistency here (in updates and story) are far better thankfuly. However, all that being said, again, he needs to get back to a consistant update schedule (even of for a few updates that means smaller content), I think delayed releases will only drive more folk away. Thankfully the other one is done now with reworks so yeah, only time will tell now whether he can actually release them both at a reasonable timeframe apart from each other.

I don't blame anyone for being skeptical though about if he can do that. Now is tyhe important time, all the crap and hassle done (aside from getting this released on Steam) so I think it's only fair really to judge him now going forward over the next say twelve months. If he can release a couple of chapters per year I'd personally be fine with that and see it as him finally getting himself organised.

Last edited:

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
It's a good motto and to be fair (I'm a fan...but neither blind nor stupid), Ocean has a lot of work to do get back to a normal and consistant release schedule and appease the legion of people who mock him for long update times. That is somewhat justified I'll agree even though there were reasons for the long delays. It's the main reason I stopped my support for this title.

Thankfully this never suffered the same issues as SG with the rework starting from Chapter 1 right at the start and not some reworking here, some there...blah blah....so the consistency here (in updates and story) are far better thankfuly. However, all that being said, again, he needs to get back to a consistant update schedule (even of for a few updates that means smaller content), I think delayed releases will only drive more folk away. Thankfully the other one is done now with reworks so yeah, only time will tell now whether he can actually release them both at a reasonable timeframe apart from each other.

I don't blame anyone for being skeptical though about if he can do that. Now is tyhe important time, all the crap and hassle done (aside from getting this released on Steam) so I think it's only fair really to judge him now going forward over the next say twelve months. If he can release a couple of chapters per year I'd personally be fine with that and see it as him finally getting himself organised.
I was one of his supporters, but quit when the reworks started, so I agree with everything you elaborated. I adore his works, they are one of a kind, but cannot agree with his way of working. He was the only dev I have ever supported, and the last one. Still, he creates very meaningful, quality stuff, art in every manner of speaking.

Reactions: BobTheDuck

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I was one of his supporters, but quit when the reworks started, so I agree with everything you elaborated. I adore his works, they are one of a kind, but cannot agree with his way of working.
Yeah it's hard to argue against. Why I said, I think it's fair to judge him now on what he does/releases over the next 12 months, that will be a sign of whether he can release updates timely, has learnt his lessons or, whether very little changes now all the complications causing delays are gone.

Still, he creates very meaningful, quality stuff, art in every manner of speaking.
For sure, completely unique style too. SG never been a huge fave of mine (though I like it), this has always been one of my fave VN's and long as know that my sub is going to this (and not to more SG updates), I'll happily subscribe to this again. I'll wait to see though first heh.

warheadd

Jan 28, 2021
Whats your opinion on the MC? It's obvious he was a brat when he was younger no doubt due to Leia being there with him, but even now it feels like at times he says things that are just not needed or necessary (I guess for drama purposes) and acts out when not needed, though I think near the end of the current chapter he is much more calm and acts more like an adult. Its also hard not to see him as a perpetrator for a lot of the issues that surround the characters but we only have so much information. I don't dislike him but Ocean paints him in a somewhat bad light.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
It's obvious he was a brat when he was younger no doubt due to Leia being there with him
You hit the nail on the head (for me) with the last part of your sentence. Sure, away from Leia he still ended up going to prison (though to be fair, we have no idea why or over what at the moment). But the common denominator of all the 'shit' when he was younger, was Leia was there. Away from Leia (say for example with Katie) he was not exactly the same arrogant, self-absorbed asshole. Leia for all their 'bond', also brought out the worst in him, in my opinion.

even now it feels like at times he says things that are just not needed or necessary
You'd need to extrapolate that to specific instances. One example might be his first response to seeing Dana, however, read between the lines, try to understand their connection before he left, he knows he can say that to her and he knows she won't take offence, in fact, as seen, quite the opposite. He has the balls (and bare-faced cheek) to say it as it is to her face which no one else will and/or does. I think we will find there are a lot of people around Wollust who actually appreciate his 'straight shooting' as it were. Gina is one for that matter.

I don't dislike him but Ocean paints him in a somewhat bad light.
He is arrogant, self-absorbed and a bit of a jerk. But he a likeable guy and a decent guy with it. That's his 'comfortable with you' persona and general attitude. I'm sure most of us have a friends/family attiture very different from say a work personality? BobTheDuck once mentioned some time ago, if we veiw him as he is with strangers (and not people he grew up with, knows etc), then that is a measure of his true self. So take the garage girl when him and Miru stop for petrol (gas for you weird ass yanks) as an example. How is Willi then towards her? Is he an ass? Arrogant?

No, he isn't, in fact, he's actually well-thought, reasoned and sympathetic.

Last edited:

el_balrog

Sep 18, 2023
Hello everyone, before playing this game I would like to know if someone can clarify something for me.

First I have to clarify that I don't like NTR, but I like games that have NTR. I know it sounds contradictory of course, but I'll try to explain myself....

I like that a game has NTR activated, but that it only happens if you do things wrong with your partner. That is, even if the game has NTR activated, your partner will only cheat on you if you treat them badly or the MC has previously cheated on them and they find out or things like that.

I find it much more exciting and realistic to play a game in which the possibility of being cheated exists, but it won't just happen. I prefer games like that instead of games without NTR activated and no matter what the MC does, his partner will always adore him.... That takes away from the excitement....

That said, I would like to know if this game is one of those that if they have NTR activated, it doesn't matter if you are faithful or that you love your girl, she will cheat on you no matter what.

Thank you.

Reactions: BobTheDuck

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Hello everyone, before playing this game I would like to know if someone can clarify something for me.

First I have to clarify that I don't like NTR, but I like games that have NTR. I know it sounds contradictory of course, but I'll try to explain myself....

I like that a game has NTR activated, but that it only happens if you do things wrong with your partner. That is, even if the game has NTR activated, your partner will only cheat on you if you treat them badly or the MC has previously cheated on them and they find out or things like that.

I find it much more exciting and realistic to play a game in which the possibility of being cheated exists, but it won't just happen. I prefer games like that instead of games without NTR activated and no matter what the MC does, his partner will always adore him.... That takes away from the excitement....

That said, I would like to know if this game is one of those that if they have NTR activated, it doesn't matter if you are faithful or that you love your girl, she will cheat on you no matter what.

Thank you.
I like the way you think..

With that said, your gf loves the fuck outta you, so you really have to steer her in that NTR direction even with it enabled.

Reactions: el_balrog

warheadd

Jan 28, 2021
You hit the nail on the head (for me) with the last part of your sentence. Sure, away from Leia he still ended up going to prison (though to be fair, we have no idea why or over what at the moment). But the common denominator of all the 'shit' when he was younger, was Leia was there. Away from Leia (say for example with Katie) he was not exactly the same arrogant, self-absorbed asshole. Leia for all their 'bond', also brought out the worst in him, in my opinion.

You'd need to extrapolate that to specific instances. One example might be his first response to seeing Dana, however, read between the lines, try to understand their connection before he left, he knows he can say that to her and he knows she won't take offence, in fact, as seen, quite the opposite. He has the balls (and bare-faced cheek) to say it as it is to her face which no one else will and/or does. I think we will find there are a lot of people around Wollust who actually appreciate his 'straight shooting' as it were. Gina is one for that matter.

He is arrogant, self-absorbed and a bit of a jerk. But he a likeable guy and a decent guy with it. That's his 'comfortable with you' persona and general attitude. I'm sure most of us have a friends/family attiture very different from say a work personality? BobTheDuck once mentioned some time ago, if we veiw him as he is with strangers (and not people he grew up with, knows etc), then that is a measure of his true self. So take the garage girl when him and Miru stop for petrol (gas for you weird ass yanks) as an example. How is Willi then towards her? Is he an ass? Arrogant?

No, he isn't, in fact, he's actually well-thought, reasoned and sympathetic.
I agree with how you describe him. He is straightforward and in the case with Dana, it makes sense that it works out fine given he knows how she will react. I feel like since there is tension with some of the characters his straightforward nature strengths the fire more but, we still don't know the context of the past and the issues that surround the characters (he still jokes around in many cases with the characters).

I guess in my case I need to acknowledge him as a flawed person, like how everyone is in general.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021

You'd need to extrapolate that to specific instances. One example might be his first response to seeing Dana, however, read between the lines, try to understand their connection before he left, he knows he can say that to her and he knows she won't take offence, in fact, as seen, quite the opposite. He has the balls (and bare-faced cheek) to say it as it is to her face which no one else will and/or does. I think we will find there are a lot of people around Wollust who actually appreciate his 'straight shooting' as it were. Gina is also another.

He is arrogant, self-absorbe and a bit of a jerk. But he a likeable guy and a decent guy with it. That's his 'comfortable with you' persona and general attitude. Bob once mentioned some time ago, if we veiew him as he is with strangers (and not people he grew up with, knows etc), then that is a measure of his true self. So take the garage girl when him and Miru stop for petrol (gas for you weird ass yanks) as an example. How is Willi then towards her? Is he an ass? Arrogant?

No, he isn't.
Seeing the WIAB story and the SG story looks like I saw the beginning of the first movie, but had to go... And then seeing the sequel (SG)...
Agree with you about Willy, he can be an ass... Probably a "wound" from prison life... Like his muscles... But we can see him vulnerable too, like you said from gas station scene... Probably he realized he is near home again... He shares few traits with the SG's MC.

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
Yeah it's hard to argue against. Why I said, I think it's fair to judge him now on what he does/releases over the next 12 months, that will be a sign of whether he can release updates timely, has learnt his lessons or, whether very little changes now all the complications causing delays are gone.

For sure, completely unique style too. SG never been a huge fave of mine (though I like it), this has always been one of my fave VN's and long as know that my sub is going to this (and not to more SG updates), I'll happily subscribe to this again. I'll wait to see though first heh.
Why do you like WiaB more?

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

Thank you.
As getoutofmylab stated, your starting gf adores you. However, you have to push her into other stuff and/or otherwise start treating her like crap and ignoring her for anything to happen with her. In the original version she could cheat (again, you had to push her away though and/or cheat yourself) and I think this route will also likely be in the new version (I'd be shocked if the MC cannot cheat, but I bet your gf (Miru) will find out and...well...the cogs will turn accordingly).

So no, even with NTR activated, I doubt very much it will be something that can and will occur regardless of your actions.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 185 Votes