4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
In these DEI times...Among many other things, comedy is dead as well. In all earnest, the spider hunting in WiaB was hilarious, but comedy is something that does not blend well with this game.
Heh yeah it was a good scene and also showed their playful side too, it's not all arrogance and seriousness, they can let loose (well, maybe Leia would not have let loose, except perhaps with a shotgun but I digress lol). I agree though that the overall subject matter is not light-hearted at all, so as long as those kind of scenes are at a minimim) or at the very least, in places where they fit, then It's all good.

Reactions: rudy007

N1ghtcrawler

May 29, 2023
He is arrogant, self-absorbed and a bit of a jerk. But he a likeable guy and a decent guy with it. That's his 'comfortable with you' persona and general attitude. I'm sure most of us have a friends/family attiture very different from say a work personality? @BobTheDuck once mentioned some time ago, if we veiw him as he is with strangers (and not people he grew up with, knows etc), then that is a measure of his true self. So take the garage girl when him and Miru stop for petrol (gas for you weird ass yanks) as an example. How is Willi then towards her? Is he an ass? Arrogant?
Funny thing. I'm currently playing SG for the second time and I think I was too hasty when I said that William is worse than Nika. Yeah, William is a jerk. But at least he's aware of his problem and is trying to fix it. And he seems more straightforward. Meanwhile, Nika is completely blind to his own behavior. He uses people here and there. Sometimes he plays them just to entertain himself. And he's such a hypocrite. Even the main conflict with the Holgersons fell on him because of his own actions.

I'm starting to suspect that Nika will be right behind Leia in my personal top of the worst people among the main characters in both games.
Holy....Mate, where do you have those signatures from? Especially the Leia one?
One person on the site made them at my request.

Last edited:

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
Funny thing. I'm currently playing SG for the second time and I think I was too hasty when I said that William is worse than Nika. Yeah, William is a jerk. But at least he's aware of his problem and is trying to fix it. And most importantly, William seems more straightforward. Meanwhile, Nika is completely blind to his own behavior. He uses people here and there. Sometimes he plays them just to entertain himself. And he's such a hypocrite. Even the main conflict with the Holgersons fell on him because of his own actions.

I'm starting to suspect that Nika will be right behind Leia in my personal top of the worst people among the main characters in both games.
Holy....Mate, where do you have those signatures from? Especially the Leia one?

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
Heh yeah it was a good scene and also showed their playful side too, it's not all arrogance and seriousness, they can let loose (well, maybe Leia would not have let loose, except perhaps with a shotgun but I digress lol). I agree though that the overall subject matter is not light-hearted at all, so as long as those kind of scenes are at a minimim) or at the very least, in places where they fit, then It's all good.
I think we know very little of Leia yet. I think her bitterness comes from being in love with William ever since, and he being that promiscuous animal he is, plus he left her in sh*t. But if those factors wouldn't exist she might have a humorous side as well.

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
Funny thing. I'm currently playing SG for the second time and I think I was too hasty when I said that William is worse than Nika. Yeah, William is a jerk. But at least he's aware of his problem and is trying to fix it. And most importantly, William seems more straightforward. Meanwhile, Nika is completely blind to his own behavior. He uses people here and there. Sometimes he plays them just to entertain himself. And he's such a hypocrite. Even the main conflict with the Holgersons fell on him because of his own actions.

One person on the site made them at my request.
Thanks, they are fire, have been looking for a Leia one.

• Red Heart
Reactions: N1ghtcrawler

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I think we know very little of Leia yet. I think her bitterness comes from being in love with William ever since, and he being that promiscuous animal he is, plus he left her in sh*t. But if those factors wouldn't exist she might have a humorous side as well.
A fair point and I guess we'll never know, though I think given what we know of her when younger, her humour comes with a large slice of malicious sarcasm and mischief heh.

Reactions: StingerWolf

rabbit1qaz

Feb 24, 2018
hmmm banned from patreon or dev closed its site and move to Summer Gone. Is there a killin campaign on patreon couse i see lot of god devs banned from Patreon.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Sorry i do not understand? maybe some word play but im not english speakder so maybe i missed sth. is it for my comment?
Heh, fair.

This is an incest game so yes, Patreon finally found it and threw Thor's hammer at it. One of many this year yes as you seem to have noticed. it is still on SubscribeStar. Will be on Steam as Early Access with the next update which we are hoping will be sooner rather than later.

Kakasan

May 23, 2023
Heh, fair.

This is an incest game so yes, Patreon finally found it and threw Thor's hammer at it. One of many this year yes as you seem to have noticed. it is still on SubscribeStar. Will be on Steam as Early Access with the next update which we are hoping will be sooner rather than later.
It's in early access on Steam, correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like it's planned to stay in early access for 2 years.
Does this mean there will only be 1 update this year and another next year?

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
but it looks like it's planned to stay in early access for 2 years
You ascertain this from where? Not being funny but I'm not on the discord often (despite people thinking I'm some rabid fanboy) and try my best to never use Steam, so be interesting to know wherte this information comes from. Confirmed or rumpour/opinion?

As for updates, you're guess is as good as anyones but I seriously doubt it, Ocean would lose what little goodwill from his fans he has left if he did that (and he doesn't have that much left, expecially from the WIAB fans who are pissed that SG gets all Ocean's attention).

That loss of goodwill would also include myself.

Kakasan

May 23, 2023
You ascertain this from where? Not being funny but I'm not on the discord often (despite people thinking I'm some rabid fanboy) and try my best to never use Steam, so be interesting to know wherte this information comes from. Confirmed or rumpour/opinion?

As for updates, you're guess is as good as anyones but I seriously doubt it, Ocean would lose what little goodwill from his fans he has left if he did that (and he doesn't have that much left, expecially from the WIAB fans who are pissed that SG gets all Ocean's attention).

Steam
Screenshot_2024-05-29-12-25-34-989_com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community~2.jpg

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

That seems about right though - 2 years, 4 chapters (4 0.5 chapters of the old counting) at ~2300 renders each. That's consistent with the pace Ocean's delivered for SG. 1 Season was supposed to have 10 chapters (5 in the old way of counting, so we're currently at a comparable 6?), so he's need to add 4 updates to steam once it's up. I'd imagine the first upload with with Ch3.5/7 (old vs new way of counting), and then he's estimating on his current speed rather than promising faster than a realistic timeline.

Reactions: Kakasan

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
That seems about right though - 2 years, 4 chapters (4 0.5 chapters of the old counting) at ~2300 renders each. That's consistent with the pace Ocean's delivered for SG. 1 Season was supposed to have 10 chapters (5 in the old way of counting, so we're currently at a comparable 6?), so he's need to add 4 updates to steam once it's up. I'd imagine the first upload with with Ch3.5/7 (old vs new way of counting), and then he's estimating on his current speed rather than promising faster than a realistic timeline.
If it's approximately a 2 a year (every 6 months) that would be fine and expected I agree. If it drags out to 1 a year again...he will never get back the goodwill currently being afforded by the fans.

As I've said a few times here (and there), now, going forward over the next 12 months is how he should and will be judged now he has no excuses anymore.

Reactions: tbz1983 and vireker

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
If it's approximately a 2 a year (every 6 months) that would be fine and expected I agree. If it drags out to 1 a year again...he will never get back the goodwill currently being afforded by the fans.

As I've said a few times here (and there), now, going forward over the next 12 months is how he should and will be judged now he has no excuses anymore.
I think what we're seeing is just being cautious of public statements. It's Ocean, so I don't hold my breath, he loves to over deliver in render count later than hoped. But it is good to see he's aiming for consistency so far.

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes