4.30 star(s) 188 Votes

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020
That's both true and untrue. Fresh eyes are always great for catching obvious mistakes or erroneous assumptions, where the writer assumes previous knowledge on behalf of the reader. Someone who is familiar with the games can more easily find, and correct, relationship errors and plot holes. For example, the end of 4.5 where MC talks about the dangers of people discovering Nami's affection for him. That may not seem like anything to someone who doesn't know the story well, but it's an error that is easily fixed by a sentence or two. There are advantages to having someone proof that's both new to the story and familiar with it already.
Unless it was intentionally left in after Ocean changed the story, because it means something we don't know yet.
And even leaving aside the rework, he once said here that the story isn't as simple as it seems, and when new pieces are added, they can change the meaning of earlier scenes or even turn it 180.

Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017
Unless it was intentionally left in after Ocean changed the story, because it means something we don't know yet.
And even leaving aside the rework, he once said here that the story isn't as simple as it seems, and when new pieces are added, they can change the meaning of earlier scenes or even turn it 180.
Absolutely feasible. I'd say that's even more reason for proofing by someone with knowledge. Ocean will then know that his red herrings are working.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Absolutely feasible. I'd say that's even more reason for proofing by someone with knowledge. Ocean will then know that his red herrings are working.
The thing about knowledge of the script - Ocean has that, but he makes far too many mistakes or clunky grammar, and still has continuity errors. Someone proofing the entire script should be able to do a comprehensive job - if we take Ocean's word that he's written the entire script. I stand by the idea that if it's not comprehensible without insider knowledge, it becomes a barrier for players to comprehend. Secrets and red herrings are fine, they're plot twists but clunky phrasing and grammar aren't red herrings, continuity most likely isn't either, at least 70% of the time. Grammar and lingo - well, that should be consistent through the script. The language side simply requires fluency in the idiom, and seeing where characters slip out of their personality.

At the end of the day, if there is a complete script, someone proofing it should be able to follow without the renders. It needs to make sense. If Ocean relies on visual cues to explain certain things, those should be noted in his draft, otherwise he'll forget his own intention in some cases. Story boards don't need the level of detail to convey emotion, but plot and direction.

If he hasn't completed the script to that level for all the seasons, then proof reading to remove continuity is pointless - the best that can be done is making sure that the loose ends are highlighted for Ocean to verify... but that won't solve the continuity if he gets carried away with expanding sections in later seasons.

Regardless, it completely up to you - I'd just hate doing it myself and tainting my future playthroughs by knowing everything. I'll applaud if you do offer though - Ocean does need the help from an independent view point.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
There was no helen in devlog
Check and mate!
No Leia tho.
Just because something is not specifically mentioned, does not mean it won't have any content....

Jesus, his dev logs are aimless witterings as they are, without including every possible character info that may be shown. at that point, may as well stop playing and just read the logs instead...

Shalamar94

May 27, 2022
So is this RE-Milking, eer... I mean ! 'Re Make' of this VN (which was almost more than half way to be completed) is barely on chapter 3 because this 'OceanMilk' .... I mean 'Oceanlab'' is working in 2 vn's at the same time ?? wow ! shame on his supporters who encourage game abandoning ''developers'' (like this guy) that will never complete a good vn because they do ''re makes'' or are working on other vn's at the same time; in this case is BOTH ! ...wait for the ''abandoned'' tags on both.

• Sad
Reactions: hawk784563

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
So is this RE-Milking, eer... I mean ! 'Re Make' of this VN (which was almost more than half way to be completed) is barely on chapter 3 because this 'OceanMilk' .... I mean 'Oceanlab'' is working in 2 vn's at the same time ?? wow ! shame on his supporters who encourage game abandoning ''developers'' that will never complete a good vn.
check-list-bj-novak.gif

Turret

Forum Fanatic
Jun 23, 2017
Sorry it was three devlogs ago - Here

Ah yes, the professional Sumo ringer Helen pic. Even by Ocean´s own penchant to Verschlimmbessern his work, this one is ridicilous in my opinion.

Ocean's already shown previews of that meeting though. Can't really show much more than a topless Leia and Willi in a dark room... :sneaky:
I must have overlooked that devlog, where is it? Sometimes the discussion moves rather fast.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Ah yes, the professional Sumo ringer Helen pic. Even by Ocean´s own penchant to Verschlimmbessern his work, this one is ridicilous in my opinion.

I must have overlooked that devlog, where is it? Sometimes the discussion moves rather fast.
This is the one that had it, here's the better res picture:

Leia-Tiddy.png

There's also this devlog that has another moody one of Leia, I think prior to her starting to undress.

Turret

Forum Fanatic
Jun 23, 2017
This is the one that had it, here's the better res picture:

View attachment 3888931

There's also this devlog that has another moody one of Leia, I think prior to her starting to undress.
Thanks for the picture! Even if Ocean´s design decisions make my eye teeth grow! In my honest opinion the Leia of chapter six old WiaB and the Leia of chapter 1 new WiaB were practical perfection for her.
How for all that is holy does he think these body caricatures are sexy? Airships get green with envy seeing the breasts of most girls.

Last edited:

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Thanks for the picture! Even if Ocean´s design decisions make my eye teeth grow! In my honest opinion the Leia of chapter six old WiaB and the Leia of chapter 1 new WiaB were practical perfection for her.
How for all the is holy does he think these body caricatures are sexy?
Leia, Helen and Mila have suffered much. Dana at least we can influence. At least Miru and Katie haven't been packing it away!

Reactions: Turret and Dr.TSoni
4.30 star(s) 188 Votes