4.30 star(s) 184 Votes

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Reboots for significant reasons, early on, I'm willing to consider. Reboot when you're already deep into the game.....not so sure.

Miru has become an American teenager
the MC has become a steroid body builder club slime

The whole few minutes I could make myself play looks like it takes its inspiration from Vampire chic.

hard "nope"

He already kind of fucked over the start of Summer's Gone once, now this. I hope he doesn't decide to "re-fuck" that title too

one less title to check on I guess. Sad.

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
This new version looks beautiful, but did it really need a remake? I thought the original was fine.

Making multiple games at once and restarting one them is... a bad look, especially when releases are so far apart. Will any of them ever be completed? If so, when? Five years from now?

Woolgrief

May 20, 2017
Nice rework btw. The art literally got upgraded by two fold. Its really looking realistic. The animation is also smooth and not laggy at all. Nice work Ocean. Its just that, its weird without the intended I-patch. The dialogue between MC and Leia make you think they are family, yet now its written as friend. Especially when she say "You are her favorite", its giving a weird vibe tho. I mean i know Incest is kinda banned at Patreon but, maybe Ocean or perhaps someone kind enough can make the new I-patch so that the game become much more realistic than what now.
Anyway this just what i thought about the this. Sorry if my words kinda messy cause english is not my main language and I'm still learning it. Thx. Hope you got easy and having fun for your work. Stay safe. Bye.

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
Oceans' always been good at renders but this ... is next level indeed. But it makes me wonder how long it takes just to make a scene and just how long it will take to finish the game (and Summer's Gone obviously). I guess I should think of it as an artwork mixed with demonstration of just how far we've come in rendering lifelike characters and scenes with just a home PC. That way maybe it doesn't matter as much if it never gets finished. Oh well, it's impressive for sure. Art for art's sake maybe.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
With the availability of a mac release I've had a chance to play the reboot.

Ocean - What a masterpiece!

Knowing that the original might go away, I downloaded it and played the initial portions again, so despite my aging memory it's fresh in my mind.

This is NOT the same game with better visuals. The writing is vastly improved. Yes they still end up at Helen's and Duane's but the interaction is completely different and far more engaging. Dialog is undoubtedly the most difficult part of writing, and the dialog in this rework is so much better that it simply can't be compared. The relationships it conveys are deeper and more reflective. The feel and flow of this work bears little relationship to the original.

All the visual aspects are incredible. But I've always been a "story guy". No matter how good the visuals, ff the story isn't there I have a hard time getting excited. As amazing as the visuals are, the story more than stands up. Ocean, you've not just dramatically improved your various technical skills, IMHO your writing has improved as much if not more.

SG is a top notch game, but I always like WIAB more. You've elevated one of my favorites to an entirely new plain.

oidex

Jan 9, 2018
maybe Ocean or perhaps someone kind enough can make the new I-patch so that the game become much more realistic than what now.
Looking at the script, the content just isn't in there, so a simple all-versions-file which just sets a switch won't do. Oceanlab will have to release the script files for each release separately, if he does at all.

Also, Oceanlab Servus ausm Ösiland. Im Archiv sind noch deutsche Ordner. "Verschiedenes" mit einer 0 bytes LewdR.rpy und "Benutzerdefiniert". Könnte man vielleicht noch "ein-englischen" ;)

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
Unlikely, to be honest. Now he has to put out the SG update, and those take eternity. Besides, what, it is second time he is remaking this game?

I like Ocean, but I wish he was completionist, not perfections. If it keeps going this way, he isn't going to finish any of his projects.
Can't wait for the next remake..

I'm once again asking if this game will only get 0.1 worth of content or will that chapter include reworked stuff till 0.6 because the foundation is already there so taking a year for just 0.1 is too little as most of hard work was done till 0.6 the story wouldn't be changed to that much extent to warrant 1 year work for lil 0.1.

rework of from another rework? ehhh? how many reworks?
He is remaking it again and again, instead of saying "okey, let's skip the start and make new, better content now to finish this story". Every remake is waste of time that could have been used to create actually new content. Sometimes it is worth it, most of the time it is not.

The IT has a very simple rule - NEVER START FROM SCRATCH, it never pays off. I wish game developers learned it.
I'll stop there, there are just too many making these same valid points that make me question the purpose for this game being remade again. Will he make it to 0.6 on this one before remaking it again? People seriously need to quit lauding these devs that do this shit simply to milk more money out of their patrons. Spent all these years "remaking" just the 0.1 version rather than the entire point up to 0.6 of the old version? I guess some people on here will let just about anything fly so long as they get updated character models and art. I might come back to this if he makes it past 0.6 on this remake to say 0.9 perhaps. I expect that'll be a few years though. Dude seriously needs to learn to finish what he starts. I really didn't see what was wrong with the previous version either, he actually was doing a rather good job after remaking it the first time.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Why a Rework? This Game was fine...
At the time, of the build, the game was using old renders, until a certain point when the past renders didn't match the new renders, as well as the story having inconsitencies with Miru and other things, hence the Rework.

That all said, while visually and storyly sound, the constances of typos and puntuations, along with the super long Dev time, kills this game. At best, rather than work two games, OL should mainly focus on ONE game. I get that he wants to work on two, and by process over work his PCs and then announce needing to upgrade/had computer issues, but really, 8-10 months, if not more for this and Summers Gone just to update really looses fans and hype for the game. And I'm not alone in thinking that. This game, and Summers Gone, have promise and potential to be unique and amazing games character and story wise, but the long wait for updates kills it.

4.30 star(s) 184 Votes