Mod Ren'Py Where the Heart Is - Incest Re-write & Walkthrough Mod [Episode 24] [XanusR]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

RobZombi3

Donor
Oct 15, 2019
So the Xanus nightmare (update of this mod) came to the end and with Icepick tweak it works fine?

herlam

Apr 3, 2021
Great job and thank you for your time...but i have 1 question... I follow your path all the green choice and when you have 2 green i always choose the one that says better, but at the end of chapter 24 i lost the relasionship with the sisters, is that ok?

• Haha
Reactions: Belzeebub

XanusR

Sep 17, 2018
Great job and thank you for your time...but i have 1 question... I follow your path all the green choice and when you have 2 green i always choose the one that says better, but at the end of chapter 24 i lost the relasionship with the sisters, is that ok?
Please note:
Also note that the game is branching like fuck at the moment so there are more and more choices that are more of a personal choice than choosing it based on being definitively good or bad.
From episode 23 onwards a lot of the choices seem to be entirely subjective, meaning a choice gaining points with one LI may eventually loose you an LI later due to the fact that a harem is impossible without substantial modification due to how the game is written and scripted, despite that fact I've marked choices that gave points green within some of those choices mentioned anyway. Making this mod is hard enough atm with trying to track how paths are going whilst its branching this much, fuck making it harder now by making said substantial modification.

BigTTiger

May 27, 2021
It may be hearsay, but someone told me that the dev's might be relaxing on their stance of a non-harem ending because of all the pushback they've been getting like I said don't know for sure just something I heard.

XanusR

Sep 17, 2018
It may be hearsay, but someone told me that the dev's might be relaxing on their stance of a non-harem ending because of all the pushback they've been getting like I said don't know for sure just something I heard.
Whilst on one hand I hope they do because It'd give me a reason to actually properly play this game again besides playing what's needed whilst developing the mod. On the other hand, it'd mean potentially another overhaul to have to deal with for them to do it in a way that'd make sense as it suddenly going all harem as it's currently written wouldn't make any sense whatsoever, which would be another pain in my ass to deal with.

So overall I'm a bit conflicted on how I feel about that even as hearsay.

Reactions: WindySakura

BigTTiger

May 27, 2021
Whilst on one hand I hope they do because It'd give me a reason to actually properly play this game again besides playing what's needed whilst developing the mod. On the other hand, it'd mean potentially another overhaul to have to deal with for them to do it in a way that'd make sense as it suddenly going all harem as it's currently written wouldn't make any sense whatsoever, which would be another pain in my ass to deal with.

So overall I'm a bit conflicted on how I feel about that even as hearsay.
Well until I see that there is in fact a harem'ish ending I'll take what I was told with a grain of salt not meaning to stir the pot here or anything or maybe they could do like an open type relationship with all the LI's they could do it that way to avoid having a harem ending.

mericu

Nov 27, 2018
Glad to see that you seem to be doing better, hope that continues.

I got this error for both standalone Rewrite zips:

Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/Episode1to3.rpy", line 1060: expected ':' not found.
    "{color=#000000}Ask to help"{/font}:
                                ^

mericu

Nov 27, 2018
I think I managed to fix it by moving the " to just before the :

but now I get this

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 192, in script
    python:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 193, in <module>
    renpy.execute_default_statement(True)
  File "game/variables.rpy", line 390, in set_default
    default LCookDate = 0 # -6 broke up due to mabel, -4 broke up due to sleaze, -2 Lily gave you a pass to break up with any other women by next time, -1 broke up so not to hurt katie/debbie, 1 promised to break up with Debbie, 2 promised to break up with Katie, 3 must discuss 3some with Katie, 4 must discuss 3some with Debbie, 5 promise to break up the foursome, 6 continue the foursome, 8 concluded with sex
Exception: store.LCookDate is being given a default a second time.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    python:
  File "C:\Users\Frosh\Desktop\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep24-pc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep24-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Frosh\Desktop\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep24-pc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep24-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\Frosh\Desktop\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep24-pc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep24-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 3797, in execute_default_statement
    i.set_default(start)
    default LCookDate = 0 # -6 broke up due to mabel, -4 broke up due to sleaze, -2 Lily gave you a pass to break up with any other women by next time, -1 broke up so not to hurt katie/debbie, 1 promised to break up with Debbie, 2 promised to break up with Katie, 3 must discuss 3some with Katie, 4 must discuss 3some with Debbie, 5 promise to break up the foursome, 6 continue the foursome, 8 concluded with sex
I have very little coding experience and something tells me I wont be able to fix it by going into notepad...or if i could I have no earthly idea how...

XanusR

Sep 17, 2018
I think I managed to fix it by moving the " to just before the :

but now I get this

Code:

While running game code:
    python:

Full traceback:
    python:
  File "C:\Users\Frosh\Desktop\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep24-pc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep24-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Frosh\Desktop\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep24-pc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep24-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\Frosh\Desktop\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep24-pc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep24-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 3797, in execute_default_statement
    i.set_default(start)
I have very little coding experience and something tells me I wont be able to fix it by going into notepad...or if i could I have no earthly idea how...
Speaking of doing better life hates me and I'm coming off of the back of a bad cold, I'll try to sort that tomorrow. I don't have the energy to do so tonight.

Edit: Nevermind, thats a variable.rpy issue. My mod doesn't touch that file so it's a dev issue not a mod issue.

Last edited:

mericu

Nov 27, 2018
Speaking of doing better life hates me and I'm coming off of the back of a bad cold, I'll try to sort that tomorrow. I don't have the energy to do so tonight.

Edit: Nevermind, thats a variable.rpy issue. My mod doesn't touch that file so it's a dev issue not a mod issue.
Hope you're feeling better now that it's been almost a week. Haven't had the chance to reply till now.

I was able to normally start a fresh unmodded file of the game as well as a file with the WT&I installed and they both worked just fine. Only with the standalone does it have that 'variable.rpy' warning.

Eh, I guess it doesn't really matter, I was able to just click "Ignore' and it started just fine.

Anyway, as I said, hope you're doing good.

Reactions: GreggoryLove

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
is this for up to the end of ep24? it's been some months since I last played this game and I do remember using a WT, can't remember if it was this one...the linked one in the game thread is for ep18...so is way out of date

XanusR

Sep 17, 2018
is this for up to the end of ep24? it's been some months since I last played this game and I do remember using a WT, can't remember if it was this one...the linked one in the game thread is for ep18...so is way out of date
Yes.

Knight of the Dawn

Jun 19, 2022
XanusR I get this error when I am choosing my previous choices in the gallery:

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/GalleryMenu.rpy", line 784, in script call
    call expression "startanyepisodegal" from _call_expression_1
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1232, in script
    if NPlay == 1 or NPlay == -1:     #If Natasha sent you a text
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1232, in <module>
NameError: name 'NPlay' is not defined

Full traceback:
  File "D:\Comics\Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep24-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2115, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "D:\Comics\Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep24-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "D:\Comics\Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep24-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Where The Heart Is Ep24
Tue Jan  9 19:23:00 2024

XanusR

Sep 17, 2018
XanusR I get this error when I am choosing my previous choices in the gallery:

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "D:\Comics\Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep24-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2115, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "D:\Comics\Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep24-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "D:\Comics\Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep24-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Where The Heart Is Ep24
Tue Jan  9 19:23:00 2024
What is it with CG and managing to fuck up something else the game has had since the very early days nearly every update? Last time it was starting a new game, this time its the gallery. What's next loading a save?

Anyway besides the confused rambling, that's an error unrelated to my mod as I haven't touched the gallery. Therefore like the issue earlier in the thread related to the variable.rpy file, I will not fix it as I simply don't have the time to fix things CG has borked.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreggoryLove

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
how corrupt do the girls get?. Does the Academic sister forget or stop caring about school or does her personality change

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote