Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
The MC doesn't have nearly enough dialogue where he actually talks about things with the love interest/love of his life.
Yeah, it's definitely one of the very few, in my opinion, short comings of this particular VN. But its still very high on my list as one of the best. Katie would disagree but there is no such thing as perfection.

Reactions: MrFriendly

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
Yeah, I like Katie but that whole 3-4some was not great. Essentially if you don't do as she expects she then belittles the MC. Same with Jenna, if you don't go meet Jolina she calls the MC a coward. Yet the MC can't tell them to go fuck themselves at all. Can't discuss with either of them that BS like that is why they are fuck buddies at best, etc. The MC doesn't have nearly enough dialogue where he actually talks about things with the love interest/love of his life.

I pass on Wanda every time, not into those scenes at all. Rather fuck Natasha again.

My list:

1 Monica
2 Katie
3 Debbie
4 Zarah
5 Lily
6 Angel
7 Elaine
8 Natasha
9 Bella
10 Jenna
11 Jolina
12 Theresa
13 Wanda

I don't like being "forced" to do things. I am not a fan of behaving in a passive or submissive manner, however I am not a fan of domination either. Katie, up until the Beach House scene, was all about the banter and fun back and forth. Not wanting to indulge in that bacchanalian event means she starts to rip into him because "all men should want to watch lesbians fuck and fuck three women" :rolleyes:, which is ridiculous because we all know that women are insanely jealous and sex always changes the relationship... Or at least that's what I've been told. :ROFLMAO:
Two most shocking parts of that list are Wanda and Zarah. I like Zarah but don't think she's all that attractive. I didn't really like Wanda either until recently. As far as the Katie talking shit because we don't want to have sex with all of them. I don't recall that at all. I did pass on the 4-some once just to see if it got me an extra Katie solo scene, but obviously not. I had already slept with Debbie and Lily though so I wasn't on a faithful route. Perhaps the dialog is different in that case. :unsure:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Two most shocking parts of that list are Wanda and Zarah. I like Zarah but don't think she's all that attractive. I didn't really like Wanda either until recently. As far as the Katie talking shit because we don't want to have sex with all of them. I don't recall that at all. I did pass on the 4-some once just to see if it got me an extra Katie solo scene, but obviously not. I had already slept with Debbie and Lily though so I wasn't on a faithful route. Perhaps the dialog is different in that case. :unsure:
If you leave the girls there in episode 20 she, even after I asked her to change, "jokes" that the MC must not be into girls since he left them in the beach house. Though I may be misremembering but I thought they toned Katie down at the beach house. I could be wrong, my brain is like tapioca right now.

<shrug> I turned down the lapdance every time since she spends most of the game obsessing about Lily. And I also never romanced Debbie, just fucked her early on. Still doesn't mean the MC won't be the third wheel, people don't get over the person they've been obsessed with in a couple weeks of knowing someone else.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
If you leave the girls there in episode 20 she, even after I asked her to change, "jokes" that the MC must not be into girls since he left them in the beach house. Though I may be misremembering but I thought they toned Katie down at the beach house. I could be wrong, my brain is like tapioca right now.
Could be a difference between if you told her to change a little or a lot maybe? It's been a while since I looked at the script.

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
I never went home early nor did I ever tone down Katie, so I guess that's some dialog I've never seen.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I never went home early nor did I ever tone down Katie, so I guess that's some dialog I've never seen.
She tries to tone her self down as part of her arc doesn't she? You just have the option of telling her how much she should change I thought. I could be wrong.

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
She tries to tone her self down as part of her arc doesn't she? You just have the option of telling her how much she should change I thought. I could be wrong.
No you don't have to tone her down. She offers but you can tell her you like her just the way she is or you can have her change a little or a lot. I liked her personality so I don't know how much she changes based on the other choices.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
No you don't have to tone her down. She offers but you can tell her you like her just the way she is or you can have her change a little or a lot. I liked her personality so I don't know how much she changes based on the other choices.
Ah, I see. It looks like the scene is scripted the same way no matter what. It just takes you leaving I guess. Unless it is a different part I'm thinking of.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: ename144

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Ah, I see. It looks like the scene is scripted the same way no matter what. It just takes you leaving I guess. Unless it is a different part I'm thinking of.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's interesting because Katie says she is so jealous and doesn't want the MC to be with anyone else, then she decides it is okay if it is her best friends, and then if the MC decides he doesn't want to be shared like a piece of meat she implies that he's not into women.

In my "Katie Canon" playthrough I have my MC enjoy the foursome but I was curious what would happen if the MC left and didn't want to fuck all of them. It's odd she calls him out for not being into it and then professes her "undying" love soon afterwards.

Reactions: ename144

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
It's interesting because Katie says she is so jealous and doesn't want the MC to be with anyone else, then she decides it is okay if it is her best friends, and then if the MC decides he doesn't want to be shared like a piece of meat she implies that he's not into women.

In my "Katie Canon" playthrough I have my MC enjoy the foursome but I was curious what would happen if the MC left and didn't want to fuck all of them. It's odd she calls him out for not being into it and then professes her "undying" love soon afterwards.
Yeah, it doesn't quite match up does it? I don't think it is supposed to be some kind of serious or brazen insult, I think its just more of Katie's shenanigans, but still.

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020

Yeah, it doesn't quite match up does it? I don't think it is supposed to be some kind of serious or brazen insult, I think its just more of Katie's shenanigans, but still.
Well you don't have to have the foursome or go home. You can decline the foursome and stay the night with Katie but you're not going to get any from Katie. She doesn't want to do anything because she can hear Debbie and Lily having sex and it's to much for her with everything that happened that day or something. So that should avoid that conversation you both found annoying as well.

Early in the game Katie doesn't care about the MC flirting with her friends and she isn't jealous. She only becomes jealous once she realizes she has feeling for the MC. Before that Katie, Debbie and Lily would always flirt with each others boyfriends. According to the story anyway. So it was pretty much her friends messing with her about how jealous and possessive she's become along with the alcohol I'm sure that gets us to the foursome.

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
Any news on the next update? It has been awhile

Well Cheeky just got out of the hospital and has paused pledges on patreon. So I'm guessing September but that's just a shot in the dark. There has been no timeline given.

• Haha
Reactions: bemkar

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Well you don't have to have the foursome or go home. You can decline the foursome and stay the night with Katie but you're not going to get any from Katie. She doesn't want to do anything because she can hear Debbie and Lily having sex and it's to much for her with everything that happened that day or something. So that should avoid that conversation you both found annoying as well.

Early in the game Katie doesn't care about the MC flirting with her friends and she isn't jealous. She only becomes jealous once she realizes she has feeling for the MC. Before that Katie, Debbie and Lily would always flirt with each others boyfriends. According to the story anyway. So it was pretty much her friends messing with her about how jealous and possessive she's become along with the alcohol I'm sure that gets us to the foursome.
I don't find it particularly annoying, just odd. I just chalk it up to Katie being Katie. By that time in the game anyone playing should know full well how she is. It's just that if she really doesn't want to share you if you turn down Debbie and Lilly and she she turns you down she shouldn't tease that you don't like girls. Unless she doesn't in that situation.

It's Katie's jealousy that fuels her desires it seems. So it is a bit of a mixed bag with her at times. On one hand she wants the MC all to herself but on the other having the "sisters" flirt it up makes her even more turned on. And it is established that her gruff exterior is just a defensive mechanism so I don't see it as any different behavior for her per se.

Last edited:

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
I don't find it particularly annoying, just odd. I just chalk it up to Katie being Katie. By that time in the game anyone playing should know full well how she is. It's just that if she really doesn't want to share you if you turn down Debbie and Lilly and she she turns you down she shouldn't tease that you don't like girls. Unless she doesn't in that situation.

It's Katie's jealousy that fuels her desires it seems. So it is a bit of a mixed bag with her at times. On one hand she wants the MC all to herself but on the other having the "sisters" flirt it up makes her even more turned on. And it is established that her gruff exterior is just a defensive mechanism so I don't see it as any different behavior for her per se.
I don't imagine she teases you if you just spend the night with Katie. It's her that doesn't want to have sex so not much she can say.

Katie being a bit crazy is what I love about her. That she wants to have to fight for you. I think it's great being able to tease her and make jealous. I love seeing her get all possessive and crazy. She's a great character. Then you get those sweet moments with her where she unsuccessfully tries to hide her girly side. That's what makes her my favorite character.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I don't imagine she teases you if you just spend the night with Katie. It's her that doesn't want to have sex so not much she can say.

Katie being a bit crazy is what I love about her. That she wants to have to fight for you. I think it's great being able to tease her and make jealous. I love seeing her get all possessive and crazy. She's a great character. Then you get those sweet moments with her where she unsuccessfully tries to hide her girly side. That's what makes her my favorite character.
I like her well enough as a character, she defiantly has her merits. But Jenna is the kind of person I'm attracted to in real life. A classical bookworm with a bit of a twisted mind. Not to mention she is fiercely loyal, though the same could be said about Katie.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Yeah, I like Katie but that whole 3-4some was not great. Essentially if you don't do as she expects she then belittles the MC. Same with Jenna, if you don't go meet Jolina she calls the MC a coward. Yet the MC can't tell them to go fuck themselves at all. Can't discuss with either of them that BS like that is why they are fuck buddies at best, etc. The MC doesn't have nearly enough dialogue where he actually talks about things with the love interest/love of his life.
Well, IMHO that's because the game fundamentally isn't about the relationships with the girls. Much as I love this game, it's primarily about the MC juggling all those relationships to keep them hidden. The individual relationships are a necessary condition to produce the conflicting affairs, not the goal in and of themselves. I think that's why the game occasionally struggles when the MC turns down sex. Those situations are effectively edge cases that are more about covering loose ends (or assuaging mobs of unruly internet pirates... :whistle:) rather than advancing the underlying romance.

Fortunately our devs do a pretty good job covering those loose ends (probably because they're real gluttons for punishment). As a result, the bond with each girl is still sufficiently fleshed out that they work well enough in their own right. Which is good because I'm just not interested in the doomed non-harem route.

I pass on Wanda every time, not into those scenes at all. Rather fuck Natasha again.

My list:

1 Monica
2 Katie
3 Debbie
4 Zarah
5 Lily
6 Angel
7 Elaine
8 Natasha
9 Bella
10 Jenna
11 Jolina
12 Theresa
13 Wanda
I think my list would be:
  1. Lily
  2. Jenna
  3. Angel
  4. Jolina
  5. Debbie
  6. Katie
  7. Wanda
  8. <This space intentionally left blank>
  9. Monica
  10. Natasha
  11. Elaine
  12. Bella
  13. Zarah
  14. Theresa
I didn't care for Wanda at all prior to Chapter 19, but her new subplot is sufficiently interesting that I was willing to modify my Angel run to see what happens if I play around with Wanda as well. It was definitely a big improvement in her presentation.

Monica is a good character (once she stops drinking like a fish), I just can't see the MC in a sexual relationship with her at all. Elaine and Bella are marginal characters undermined by how insanely suspicious they are. (To be fair, Jolina has some serious red flags too, but she herself is more appealing to me which helps compensate. Plus she's better integrated into Jenna's story.)

Zarah made a bad first impression and every time I've tried to give her another chance she instantly makes the situation uncomfortably sexual, long before I can get get any feel for what makes her tick; at this point she's burned her bridges pretty thoroughly. Theresa could be interesting if I thought there'd be an opportunity to make her a better person rather than indulge in her hypocrisy, but I see no sign of that.

I don't like being "forced" to do things. I am not a fan of behaving in a passive or submissive manner, however I am not a fan of domination either. Katie, up until the Beach House scene, was all about the banter and fun back and forth. Not wanting to indulge in that bacchanalian event means she starts to rip into him because "all men should want to watch lesbians fuck and fuck three women" :rolleyes:, which is ridiculous because we all know that women are insanely jealous and sex always changes the relationship... Or at least that's what I've been told. :ROFLMAO:
Interesting you say that, because for me Katie is the one that feels forced.

I really want to like Katie; her mix of sincerity and sarcasm looks great on paper. But the problem is that she tends to mock what I find heartwarming, and all but demands the MC take seriously things I find snarkable. To me, it comes across less like a rough-and-tumble girl willing to show me her tender side, and more like an overbearing act meant to hide her profound insecurities.

There are moments where Katie feels genuine (the bathroom duet in Chapter 20, for example), and in those moments she's very appealing. The rest of the time, though... no thanks. Perhaps things will improve as we approach the end?

She'll still give you some snark about being sensitive if you turn down the three/four-some to be with her - even if you've been completely faithful to her alone the whole game. It's not a major problem, but it does subtly contribute to the impression that Katie is a barely controlled bundle of lust and jealousy who views the MC more as her toy rather than an equal partner.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Well, IMHO that's because the game fundamentally isn't about the relationships with the girls. Much as I love this game, it's primarily about the MC juggling all those relationships to keep them hidden. The individual relationships are a necessary condition to produce the conflicting affairs, not the goal in and of themselves. I think that's why the game occasionally struggles when the MC turns down sex. Those situations are effectively edge cases that are more about covering loose ends (or assuaging mobs of unruly internet pirates... :whistle:) rather than advancing the underlying romance.

Fortunately our devs do a pretty good job covering those loose ends (probably because they're real gluttons for punishment). As a result, the bond with each girl is still sufficiently fleshed out that they work well enough in their own right. Which is good because I'm just not interested in the doomed non-harem route.

I think my list would be:
  1. Lily
  2. Jenna
  3. Angel
  4. Jolina
  5. Debbie
  6. Katie
  7. Wanda
  8. <This space intentionally left blank>
  9. Monica
  10. Natasha
  11. Elaine
  12. Bella
  13. Zarah
  14. Theresa
I didn't care for Wanda at all prior to Chapter 19, but her new subplot is sufficiently interesting that I was willing to modify my Angel run to see what happens if I play around with Wanda as well. It was definitely a big improvement in her presentation.

Monica is a good character (once she stops drinking like a fish), I just can't see the MC in a sexual relationship with her at all. Elaine and Bella are marginal characters undermined by how insanely suspicious they are. (To be fair, Jolina has some serious red flags too, but she herself is more appealing to me which helps compensate. Plus she's better integrated into Jenna's story.)

Zarah made a bad first impression and every time I've tried to give her another chance she instantly makes the situation uncomfortably sexual, long before I can get get any feel for what makes her tick; at this point she's burned her bridges pretty thoroughly. Theresa could be interesting if I thought there'd be an opportunity to make her a better person rather than indulge in her hypocrisy, but I see no sign of that.

Interesting you say that, because for me Katie is the one that feels forced.

I really want to like Katie; her mix of sincerity and sarcasm looks great on paper. But the problem is that she tends to mock what I find heartwarming, and all but demands the MC take seriously things I find snarkable. To me, it comes across less like a rough-and-tumble girl willing to show me her tender side, and more like an overbearing act meant to hide her profound insecurities.

There are moments where Katie feels genuine (the bathroom duet in Chapter 20, for example), and in those moments she's very appealing. The rest of the time, though... no thanks. Perhaps things will improve as we approach the end?

She'll still give you some snark about being sensitive if you turn down the three/four-some to be with her - even if you've been completely faithful to her alone the whole game. It's not a major problem, but it does subtly contribute to the impression that Katie is a barely controlled bundle of lust and jealousy who views the MC more as her toy rather than an equal partner.
Yeah, the game is written with an expectation that the player will have the MC be a deceitful slut and when you don't play him that way the characters will mock the MC for not fucking them OR express great disappointment OR be really angry that the MC didn't choose them, etc. Considering the short time frame of the game these women are obsessing over the MC more than Dogboy obsesses over the two J's (what if that's what attracts Dogboy? Women with J names...)

Playing the MC as someone who is faithful to one character causes a lack of content for the player's chosen Love Interest which means going a couple updates before there is anything. Which goes back to the too many Love Interests problem.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Well, IMHO that's because the game fundamentally isn't about the relationships with the girls. Much as I love this game, it's primarily about the MC juggling all those relationships to keep them hidden.
I would have to disagree with this. That if defiantly a possible approach to playing the game, I'm a firm believer in "you do you", and yes while there are a few times where the days are a bit stalled if you aren't in multiple routes but it's not so much so that it makes the game empty.

One of the best parts of this VN is the actual interactions with the cast. I don't mean explicitly sexual situations or anything even the conversations and relationship building is done in a very "real world" believable way. I think it's all about the human connection throughout the game. The main plot on the other hand just feels like a means to an end I guess, it's just kind of there to push the game along while you decide what or who actually makes you happy.

I love the game but the main plot is irrelevant to me. Not saying it is poor it's just that I couldn't care less about the money or the will. Unless something happens to were it will actually get in the way of me and Jenna, it will always be insignificant to me. You can all but guarantee it will be an issue at some point but with the style of writing and the vast amount of player agency it's unlikely that you wont be able to just tell the dead shyster to just jog on and take the money with them.

4.40 star(s) 325 Votes