Mar 28, 2018
Hi megaplayboy10k, well put, and if you overlay the risk of closing off relationships once they are exposed with the conditions of the will it is more like 1% or 2% because you shouldn't develop relationships with your close family. Is there a game worth playing if the dev. closes off 98+% of of the LI's when there is no real need to do so? Until this update I really thought that this was a good game, now I am not so sure.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
I have had time to play through the episode in detail and sum up my thoughts. Overall I still like it. There are still some frustrating bits (mostly involving the latest will non-reveals), but it does the job of focusing on certain characters while still advancing few important story details.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So anyway, that's my take. There's still room for improvement, but I feel like we're making forward progress again, and I liked a lot of the character work. And, of course, it's great to have the game off hold! :D
I'm glad someone played the
I enjoyed writing that part even though I figured most people would avoid it, but thought some might just play it to see how the girls would interact in that event.

I did want to interject some on your

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
No build for Linux? That's really unfortunate
1. Download .
2. Copy all files and subfolders of /game directory of Win build (e.g. /WTHI/game/). You do not need and libraries, left them in archive.
3. Make a symbolic link of WTHI directory to RenPy SDK directory (е.g. →/WTHI/game/)
4. Run RenPy SDK (sh renpy.sh)
5. Choose WTHI game from RenRy SDK menu and press "Launch project".
6. PROFIT!

Reactions: Kalle Klaok

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
in life when you have a doubt it's not that every piece of information you gather is strictly inherent to that doubt of yours, every character has their own story and secrets, it's us who have a nail in our coffin and that's why we try to relate every piece of information we find to a clue to find out who the third heiress is.

Angel tells us that she had an affair with a rich but busy man, and we think of Donald. Lily tells us that she was called Dizzy at school and we connect that to the recording of the will.

Bella may well have been truthfully reporting what she gleaned from Elaine and the investigators she approached, but it's not certain that the investigators found the right track
Exactly....Not everything that seems like a clue is a clue.

Last edited:
Reactions: felicemastronzo

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Indeed, i totally agree. Yet what we are playing here is an Agatha Christie kind of mystery story, where clues and red herrings are seeded all across the plot for the "reader" to try to solve the mystery along.
I think Cheeky is doing that and he's doing that quite well. Then yes, piece of information like Angel having a rich jerk ex or Bella providing rumors that might be intentionally false can be unrelated to the "find Dizzy" plot, yet, in the economy of the story they are there to make the "reader" consider whether either of the characters might be up to something. And if one of such clues is intentionally misleading, you have a so called red herring, which is a lecit part of the deal.
This isn't going to be one of those endings that come out of left field and where every clue was a red herring. If you look and listen ( yes, I'm aware there's no sound...I'm talking about the MC listening) closely....you've already been given enough info to figure it out. Plus enough useless info to make figuring it out more difficult. :)

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I’m just replaying through the game and I’m remembering how totally jarring
So, is there some way to avoid having sex with Katie at that specific point? Like having less points with her or is it some choice I made that I didn’t realize?
Yeah, agreed. I didn't do that scene justice and it was rushed. Will be fixed when we finally get around to the redux version

Reactions: OnlyUsedForNever

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
1) the game allows you to date/fuck basically every female in the game, and develop relationships with most of them concurrently and simultaneously
2) BUT if any of them find out about the other women*, that relationship(s) is shut down permanently
3) In fact, simply being honest about dating other women can shut down many of the MCs relationships
4) BUT, if you're faithful to only one woman, you miss 90% of the game content and it's harder to advance the main storyline

In that context, what would constitute a "happy ending" in this game? You "pick" one love interest to stick with, and disappoint/piss off the other 13 or 14?
It feels like the devs have either painted themselves into a corner, or set a kind of trap/dilemma for the players.
Have to disagree with this. So far....

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
from a legal standpoint a private person is robing an other private person of his freedom where in the world is that legal ? but in this fictional land you have legal slavery thru blackmail but i think it does take place on planet earth so the protection of marriage counts
It's not robbing him of his freedom. He is free to see who he wants but if he wants to see Monica, he doesn't get the money. No freedom removed unless MC chooses to give up this freedom. At the moment, the money is still under MC's father (or his lawyer's) control. MC is free to see who he wants. However...if the MC willingly declares he will not see Monica and the girls, then he will be paid for this choice. If he doesn't want to give up his freedom and decides he wants to continue to see Monica and the girls, then the father has decided he will NOT be paid.

Dec 8, 2021
Have to disagree with this. So far....
Will we be able to have a satisfying, beautiful, romantic and dignified ending with all the girls in the game individually? I love novels and I would love it if there were these kinds of endings, if you put a character into the game and you don't put a romantic ending with her, it's a waste of character and effort put into that character.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
where every clue was a red herring.
I wasn't implying that every clue is, but i'm positive some of them are and i was trying to sort them out. In the end i'm rather dumb on mystery stories :) I got my list of suspects though.

Scorpius888

Jul 26, 2020
It's not robbing him of his freedom. He is free to see who he wants but if he wants to see Monica, he doesn't get the money. No freedom removed unless MC chooses to give up this freedom. At the moment, the money is still under MC's father (or his lawyer's) control. MC is free to see who he wants. However...if the MC willingly declares he will not see Monica and the girls, then he will be paid for this choice. If he doesn't want to give up his freedom and decides he wants to continue to see Monica and the girls, then the father has decided he will NOT be paid.
its still ilegal and not posible under the law i wil give you a legal example in the EU when you want to rent a home and the owner puts no pets alowed in the rent contract that does not mean you cant get a pet in your home even if you signed that contract becous it violates internatial human rights laws of privacy and personal freedom so the courts can not enforce the contract becouse that clouse is illegal nice game btw i realy like the jokes with the restorant guy

Mojumbo64

Apr 21, 2018
Always hard to say, since depends on paths you follow and content you miss if do not, but if you can get through this game within 5 hours without skipping text and almost all scenes I would be pretty surprised. If you start playing different paths and such as well, you should easily be busy for over a day or days.
So it is solely depends on what paths I follow, I see. So if I chose the paths that I'm interested in, it would be short as heck.
Always hard to say, since depends on paths you follow and content you miss if do not, but if you can get through this game within 5 hours without skipping text and almost all scenes I would be pretty surprised.
To only read the things that really mattered to me will be a plus since it will shorten the time that I would possibly spend in the game.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I agree that I liked being able to go beyond Bella's suggestion and still ask Elaine for an explanation, but how the situation is resolved is unclear to me.

we don't know exactly what MC tells him, but inteoria should have told him about how Monica contacted him only after receiving an email that he had never written and that looking for the author of this email they found Jolina's coffee shop and from her they then obtained the film.

there is no foul play towards Elaine (i.e. actually Mc plays foul with her but not on this matter), so her accusation that MC deceived her doesn't make much sense, it seems like an accusation thrown simply not to answer the accusation.

Also the defense that she could have sent the email from her home is a very weak defense, Mc's own story shows that if she had done so it would have been even easier to trace her and disguise her in the case.

The eternal justification that agitated people say nonsense is always valid, but beyond that I don't see much sense in it.

besides, personally, i still maintain that the fact that it was Elaine who sent an a mail to all because MC's acquaintances welcomed him is not significant, it doesn't put Elaine on the bad side nor on the good one

Last edited:
Reactions: ename144

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
So it is solely depends on what paths I follow, I see. So if I chose the paths that I'm interested in, it would be short as heck.

To only read the things that really mattered to me will be a plus since it will shorten the time that I would possibly spend in the game.
It will not really be short as hell, there really is a shit load of content, but if you also use skip text and scenes it can become short and yeah if you close every girl from start or combination, you will miss out on loads. There are quite a few girls after all.

Reactions: Mojumbo64
4.40 star(s) 326 Votes