acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
If he was I apologize. BaasB you exceeded my sarcasm meter for the day. I apologize.
I'd wait till he fixes the front page first. :p I tried nagging UncleVT about it, and I and others have submitted several tickets, but we may have to wait out the day. :X

xrayman2k4

Jun 10, 2017
Are y'all THAT butthurt about being Rick-Rolled? lol, I got hit too, no point denying it :/
I'll wait
Not even found time to complete .21 yet as I've been too busy coughing up what's left of my lungs, goddamned Wuhan Flu got me after hiding for 2 years :(

Reactions: Frosty2000

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Are y'all THAT butthurt about being Rick-Rolled? lol, I got hit too, no point denying it :/
I'll wait
Not even found time to complete .21 yet as I've been too busy coughing up what's left of my lungs, goddamned Wuhan Flu got me after hiding for 2 years :(
To be fair, if you do rely on the mega daily 5gb limit then it does kinda screw you over. Doesn't matter to me, just re-downloaded old version and recreate torrent and upload it.

Deleted member 563623

Apr 19, 2018
Ok wtf is going on. Is there actually a new update or what. I know there was a google drive link that was a rick roll. The mega link seemed real tho, but there's no .exe in the download???

Never been in a fist fight in my life, i think they're real dumb, but i swear to god if it's ever gonna happen, april 1st is the date.

opfela

Jan 18, 2018
Ok, so several hours after this "build" was posted here and later exposed as a prank, why is the link still in the OP?
Because the prank is from the mods, and not enough ppl got pranked apparently. They want to see the world burn, before they are satisfied.

The rejection message of my report :)
"Unfortunately, your recent report has been rejected: Post in thread '[VN] - Where the Heart Is [Ep. 22 Test] [CheekyGimp]' - Happy April First, Fool!"

Karana

Feb 8, 2017
I'll wait
I get the impression that people are more annoyed at downloading 4GB of junk then having the mods dismiss the issue instead of easily fixing it. It's not even a good joke that could reasonably justify any of this. It's just dumb.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Because the prank is from the mods, and not enough ppl got pranked apparently. They want to see the world burn, before they are satisfied.

The rejection message of my report :)
"Unfortunately, your recent report has been rejected: Post in thread '[VN] - Where the Heart Is [Ep. 22 Test] [CheekyGimp]' - Happy April First, Fool!"
JFC... :FacePalm:
Unbelievable.
I don't know why I'm surprised any more.

ZoneIT

Apr 17, 2020
Wow! Way to double down on stupid! How dare the Devs be honest with us. How dare they communicate with their audience and pirate customers. Even Pirates are someone's customer. Would you prefer they lie ad nausea. Did you notice they gave patrons a heads up to stop payments since they were beyond the planned delivery date. Hmmmm. Maybe you are ICSTOR in disguise. Sorry, that was a cheap shot.
Wish I was...That dude knows how to make money :p
1648849009502.png

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
To the leaker:
Coming from another country, as I do, we don't get the whole April Fools thing. We think it's kinda dumb.
The irony of the fact that you're costing people money (through lost bandwidth/time) on a pirate site is not lost on anyone.
But yeah ... grow up.
I live in the U.S and I still think that Aprils fools is stupid not kinda stupid just plain stupid. Hopefully the person who leaked it gets caught and kicked off the beta testing team.

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
I live in the U.S and I still think that Aprils fools is stupid not kinda stupid just plain stupid. Hopefully the person who leaked it gets caught and kicked off the beta testing team.
It's only amusing when the prank is actually well done and not some low-grade comedy skit done by a bunch of elementary schoolers.

opfela

Jan 18, 2018
Looking at the files in the leak, I highly doubt that anyone from the beta test team had anything to do with it.

These are the files in the leak, and if Cheeky did not suddenly change his style of packaging his files (looking at Ep21), it is not from them.
1648849562438.png

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
Looking at the files in the leak, I highly doubt that anyone from the beta test team had anything to do with it.

These are the files in the leak, and if Cheeky did not suddenly change his style of packaging his files (looking at Ep21), it is not from them.
View attachment 1734903
Considering that it's supposedly a BETA, why would everything be representative of the full release? It doesn't make sense to package those files because they will likely undergo a lot of changes before it hits the public and/or leaked.

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
I'm more surprised by people's attitudes about it. some words about freedom and pirates. There is just the fact of dirty play behind the back. A kind of betrayal.
If you consider it from the position that the man was not with malicious intent, but simply joking, then all the more it is worth paying attention to the fact that it is not funny at all. As you say "pressure," it simply means to show the person that it is not nice and not a joke at all.
And then it is much more pleasant to see the developers in the thread, which share not only progress, but also emotions, which are with us on the same level, rather than "professionals" who hide everything and then disappear or make a year wallpaper.

4.40 star(s) 326 Votes