opfela

Jan 18, 2018
Considering that it's supposedly a BETA, why would everything be representative of the full release? It doesn't make sense to package those files because they will likely undergo a lot of changes before it hits the public and/or leaked.
A beta should be representative of a full release... you want your testers to find bugs/problems in a version as near as finished as possible. Perhaps if we are talking about an alpha, but not a beta.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LordMerek

jimmyjambles

Mar 8, 2022
Man, when it comes to community involvement, devs are damned if they do and damned if they don't. The last several pages of this thread have been an absolute textbook example. Guy comes in here to explain why a game got a weird upload and what's being done about it, and he's accused of "complaining" and "trolling." Fuck's sake...

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
A beta should be representative of a full release... you want your testers to find bugs/problems in a version as near as finished as possible. Perhaps if we are talking about an alpha, but not a beta.
I mean I guess that makes sense? But this looks like it's nowhere near completed, so I'd say it falls under Alpha.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Hm, previous post from this morning, somehow never got posted, makes no sense to repeat it all, but if I take the new development into account, I seriously have to question the sanity of whichever mod was in on this.

Don't you realize that this has the potential to hurt the reputation of the dev team? There are always those who don't read anything, but just click the download link, and they will ultimately blame Cheeky, Ace and the others.
Not to mention people with a slow internet connection who wasted hours to download this, or those with DL caps, or who exceeded their mega allotment for the day.
All just for a stupid, not funny April Fools' joke. Well, to be honest, most of them are.
We here have April Fools' Day just like in the US, yet so many of the jokes fall completely flat or are not funny, but just annoying and stupid. I honestly wouldn't mind being taken for a fool, if it was original and funny and not a nuisance, though most of the time it isn't, just like this one.

And that is without going into how this will delay the release of a game, many people love and await eagerly, because Cheeky can't trust the QC team anymore. Great joke guys, hope it was at least funny for you, despite how negative the repercussions are.

Last edited:

Rozhok

Jun 29, 2017
Compared to last year's April fools where they posted a fake update of Dual Family with a fake mega link to Rick Astley, this one is kinda meh. Making people download 4gb as a joke is poor effort. And thats coming from someone with a yearly subscription to mega and fiber internet.

That being said, good luck on the development @ cheeky, its actually been more than 2 years since I've last played this so looking forward to what's it like soon.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Are y'all THAT butthurt about being Rick-Rolled? lol, I got hit too, no point denying it :/
I'll wait
Not even found time to complete .21 yet as I've been too busy coughing up what's left of my lungs, goddamned Wuhan Flu got me after hiding for 2 years :(
Hope you get better. Had it in January. Was not that bad and now I don't need no stinking shot.

4.40 star(s) 327 Votes