tlhansen

Jun 19, 2018
I just installed this game and, I am getting an exception when starting a new game.

info:
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 520, in script
if persistent.ph_advstart_ep >= 2:
File "game/script.rpy", line 520, in <module>
TypeError: '>=' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'int'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 520, in script
File "D:\Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep23-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2115, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "D:\Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep23-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "D:\Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep23-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/script.rpy", line 520, in <module>
TypeError: '>=' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'int'

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Where The Heart Is Ep23
Tue Jan 10 11:59:34 2023
```

albul

Jun 8, 2017
The point is this game is not designed as an incest game. And these Mods are not really appreciated here. So it's better asking for updates in the threads there, not here.
Why though? They are asking for information related to the game. Those mods are not in development any more, and are asking whether there are others. If it bothers you that much, just ignore them, and move on?

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Why though? They are asking for information related to the game. Those mods are not in development any more, and are asking whether there are others. If it bothers you that much, just ignore them, and move on?
I have no problem with these mods (but I don't use them since they make no sense in the story imo). But as said the game thread here is not really interested in that topic. Well, I'm out. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Night Hacker

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Interesting, the Kayane from the Waifu Academy asked the MC question
"Who to kill, who to fuck, and who to get married?"
This question can be asked in almost any 18+ game.
well, like this
Who would you kill, who would you make a "nozzle for a cock" and who would you get married?
=)

lordofhirunds

Jul 25, 2017
At the 23 update we still repeat the same song, this game was planned with incest tag, but the hypocritical(fortunately for this vn )policy of patreon, made it change its mind, a botched attempt and then abandoned as flimsy, of incest patch was made but with little follow up as it distorts everything. This VN will end without incest as we are at the end

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
Interesting, the Kayane from the Waifu Academy asked the MC question
"Who to kill, who to fuck, and who to get married?"
This question can be asked in almost any 18+ game.
well, like this
Who would you kill, who would you make a "nozzle for a cock" and who would you get married?
=)
Erm, are you sure you posted in the right thread?

Reactions: Lexkar83

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Erm, are you sure you posted in the right thread?
quite!
there will always be one that you want to kill "for all the good things" (for example, Izzy-Dizzy **),
there will definitely be one that you just want to fuck (for example, it could be either Jenny or Jolena)
and there will undoubtedly be one that could be your life friend (for example, Elana *).

this question is appropriate in any VN 18+. Well, or in almost any.

or don't you think so?
would you like to discuss this? =)

*UPD" well there is also Monica what can be life's friend but... she is out from fertile condition (Sorry Monica)
** I did not hesitate to kick her out into the rain when she decided to "play the fool" with me on a rainy evening on the threshold of a beach house.

Last edited:

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
At the 23 update we still repeat the same song, this game was planned with incest tag, but the hypocritical(fortunately for this vn )policy of patreon, made it change its mind, a botched attempt and then abandoned as flimsy, of incest patch was made but with little follow up as it distorts everything. This VN will end without incest as we are at the end
there is papincest here ("paper incest", incest-by-law, incest with non-blood-related step-relatives as step-mom Elaine)
but no tag "papincest" here.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
But it has an that's currently on hold (and another abandoned one, though I don't use either). What's your point?
I think his point is that you need to totally rewrite the story for this game in order to add in incest as this game NEVER intended there to be incest in it... at all. Some games hide the fact that they intend the story to be incestuous by renaming character relationships, this is not one of those games. The story hinges on the fact that the MC is NOT related to the woman and daughters he is staying with and how she was his mother's close friend, he trusts her which plays an important part in the overall story.

The mod has to rewrite the story, not sure how you can do that without ruining the author's original vision. The game is great as is.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
there is papincest here ("paper incest", incest-by-law, incest with non-blood-related step-relatives as step-mom Elaine)
but no tag "papincest" here.
No, his father never married Elaine, so she is not your step-mother, so no incest, legally or otherwise.

Reactions: ramvivat

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
No, they are asking for information that alters the game and story totally. If the game was about incest and simply hid it in order for the game to be on certain services I could understand, but that is not the case with this. To mod it with incest requires a rewrite of the story, and thus it is not related to the original game and should be in separate thread about that particular story which is in whatever mod you want. This thread is for the original story.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I don't like reposting the teasers since I encourage people to support this game, but the news is significant so hopefully Cheeky won't mind if I spoil it here.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm definitely going to miss Ace, especially with Wanda (presumably) getting her big moment next episode. I hope his commitments are short and painless and he can rejoin the team for the finale, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Best of luck if you're out there, acewinz.

At any rate, I'm definitely excited to see the Episode 24, whenever it's finally completed.

4.40 star(s) 325 Votes