ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
What I don't understand is who was complaining? The posts that were deleted were people speculating about the release time, and the dev commenting on the guy who posted the link. Aside from that one nobody was arguing or complaining at all, just regular discussion.

The reaction seems very harsh compared to other threads where the flaming goes up to 11. Could it be a simple language-based misunderstanding?

Reactions: botc76

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Never fails to amuse me when I come to a pirate site and see people claiming a moral high ground over other pirates.

"I may steal some content but I do so with a code of honor" ..... tickles my clit every time.

Cut the bullshit people, we're all in the same boat and we all do the same thing. I don't give a shit if you support certain devs the fact remains we are all on a pirate site stealing content whether it's from this dev or another nobody here supports every single developer.

There is no moral high ground, nobody here is better than anyone else.

As for the dev abusing people and others thinking he should have leeway, bullshit. I've been called out by mods several times when things have got heated and if this dev was to get away with it then i'd sure as shit expect to get away with it.

Either rules are enforced or they aren't you can't pick and choose for circumstances.

Does it suck for the dev?

Sure it does.

Am I going to fly into a rage at his defense, no because that would make me a hypocritical bitch.

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Folks...
Was going to bed but wanted to weigh in with something....
I understand why my comments were deleted and I 100% agree with the reason. Need to have a zero tolerance for insults, etc. (regardless of the justification). I get that now. In Ireland, a "sad thieving fucker" is a term of endearment , so there's probably an element of cultural difference involved! :)
I genuinely agree that my comment should have been deleted. But I can (and most certainly do) still think it! :) I am back in a "Zen" frame of mind. I do appreciate those that defended my right to rant, but as I said, if it's allowed for any reason, then the forum would degenerate into a load of people just slinging insults which wouldn't be good.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
It's so shortsighted not to realize how good it is to have devs, with great games, who participate here.

This is not about being better than anybody else or having a problem with pirating, this is about in a way biting the hand that feeds us.

What does it matter if we get the game 1 or 2 days later, if it keeps the dev happy and let's him come here and listen to our input and answer our questions AND helps him earn money to keep going?

For me that is much more important, because there are many good games to play while waiting those one or two extra days.
I've seen great games be left unfinished because the devs didn'T earn enough or got so frustrated with people's behaviour, I'd rather wait than have this happen with games like "Where the Heart is."

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Here's my crunched versions.

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.

Where The Heart Is [Ep. 8] [CheekyGimp] - Original Size: 1.12GB

Download PC (117MB): - - -

Download Mac (110MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

jojo1241

Apr 4, 2018
Here's my crunched versions.

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.

Where The Heart Is [Ep. 8] [CheekyGimp] - Original Size: 1.12GB

Download PC (117MB): - - -

Download Mac (110MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks awesome :)

Barabash

Jun 5, 2018
nobody here supports every single developer
Yes, Morrigan, You're right about this. I admit that I did not support every single dev from whom games I played, but I do support few, who I trust in and consider their games really worthawhile.

I actually can't see the point of the entire argue in here.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Folks...
Was going to bed but wanted to weigh in with something....
I understand why my comments were deleted and I 100% agree with the reason. Need to have a zero tolerance for insults, etc. (regardless of the justification). I get that now. In Ireland, a "sad thieving fucker" is a term of endearment , so there's probably an element of cultural difference involved! :)
I genuinely agree that my comment should have been deleted. But I can (and most certainly do) still think it! :) I am back in a "Zen" frame of mind. I do appreciate those that defended my right to rant, but as I said, if it's allowed for any reason, then the forum would degenerate into a load of people just slinging insults which wouldn't be good.
I know what you mean my friend and I feel for you, you worked had after your work hours or whatever is your schedule in life, but, I do realize it is a lot of work to create something this good and have it stolen right from under your hands, but I also see that you took it quite well, I'll see if I can pitch in a few bucks your way to ease the pain, I don't want you to be discouraged and just drop this project, we already have too many of these here, so, please keep up the good work my friend, and you live in a beautiful country, I sincerely envy you ;)

4.40 star(s) 321 Votes