Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Yup, it probably was.
/facepalm. As mentioned earlier, the game has been designed from the beginning not as an incest game. The dev has confirmed this. The story is not anything related to incest at all. I don't understand why people think this is meant to be incest game, as if they simply don't understand the storyline.

Reactions: Ripe

terroralpha

May 1, 2017
The game itself feels like it was built with incest in mind, my guess is Patreon ToS changed that, it just feels like something is missing.
that's your opinion. i HATE incest. it ruins the game for me. like the poster above, if there is incest i try to mod it out of the game completely. the new patreon terms of service were a godsend for me as it made the games tolerable.

any dev that doubles down on incest is not getting any money from me. right now i got $75 spread between 6 devs, including cheeky, every month. if this became straight up incest (mom, sister, etc) i would cut my support instantly.

Reactions: gerodrin
U

User_467152

that's your opinion. i HATE incest. it ruins the game for me. like the poster above, if there is incest i try to mod it out of the game completely. the new patreon terms of service were a godsend for me as it made the games tolerable.

any dev that doubles down on incest is not getting any money from me. right now i got $75 spread between 6 devs, including cheeky, every month. if this became straight up incest (mom, sister, etc) i would cut my support instantly.
That is also your opinion. You might not have noticed but incest games are some of the most popular on this site. I personally don't have a problem with non-incest games, I love this one, I just gave my opinion and everyone jumped down my throat.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
You a part of the dev team?
The dev himself has answered this many times in the past. He confirmed the game has never been designed with incest in mind.

I personally don't have a problem with non-incest games, I love this one, I just gave my opinion and everyone jumped down my throat.
I think people disagreed with your opinion because you were unable to justify it with actual reasoning. You mentioned things like feeling how something is missing but unable to elaborate what exactly is missing. You mentioned how the game feels like it was designed as incest then changed to avoid Patreon ToS without able to elaborate what exactly in the game that makes you think that it's supposed to be incest game.

It's fine to have an unpopular opinion, but back it up with actual reasoning and not just based on your personal preference. I backed up my disagreement with your opinion with two main things.

1. Dev has confirmed the game was not designed with incest in mind.
2. If incest is a thing in the game, the storyline would have to be vastly changed because Monica/Katie/Jenna would be actively involved in the will/inheritance.

Reactions: Stemmyz
U

User_467152

The dev himself has answered this many times in the past. He confirmed the game has never been designed with incest in mind.

I think people disagreed with your opinion because you were unable to justify it with actual reasoning. You mentioned things like feeling how something is missing but unable to elaborate what exactly is missing. You mentioned how the game feels like it was designed as incest then changed to avoid Patreon ToS without able to elaborate what exactly in the game that makes you think that it's supposed to be incest game.

It's fine to have an unpopular opinion, but back it up with actual reasoning and not just based on your personal preference. I backed up my disagreement with your opinion with two main things.

1. Dev has confirmed the game was not designed with incest in mind.
2. If incest is a thing in the game, the storyline would have to be vastly changed because Monica/Katie/Jenna would be actively involved in the will/inheritance.
You claim the dev has confirmed the game was not designed with incest in mind, cite your source and I will concede the point. My opinion, or rather my preference in games is not an unpopular one, 3 out of 5 of the top trending games on F95 Zone are incest games. Feeling is not a measurable objective fact, by it's very nature it is subjective, it feels like something is missing, that is my opinion, I'm entitled to that and don't have to back up a subjective opinion with facts. Regardless it won't stop me from enjoying the game, I've said several times now, I love it.

Reactions: Arcane666
Jan 7, 2018
If you want an incest game i can tell you son there's like 627 games with it but this ain't one. HIT ME buummm tchii buum tchiii 627 games but this ain't one

ive_got-problems

Mar 21, 2018
You claim the dev has confirmed the game was not designed with incest in mind, cite your source and I will concede the point. My opinion, or rather my preference in games is not an unpopular one, 3 out of 5 of the top trending games on F95 Zone are incest games. Feeling is not a measurable objective fact, by it's very nature it is subjective, it feels like something is missing, that is my opinion, I'm entitled to that and don't have to back up a subjective opinion with facts. Regardless it won't stop me from enjoying the game, I've said several times now, I love it.
My input on the incest / non-incest thing:
The very first seed of an idea was a long-lost son returning back to a family home. But I had two issues with this. 1: Obviously due to Patreon rules this wouldn't have been allowed. 2: There may not have been enough original ideas to set it apart from others in that genre. So then I started thinking about the whole friend of his mother scenario and non-sisters whom the MC knew from a young age and that became the new "seed". Everything else, the background plot (haven't seen much on this, but lots more to come), the specific characters, the dead mother ALL stemmed from that second (non-incest) seed. So pretty much everything in the game eveolved from the non-incest idea. And a lot of what's in the game (and what's to come) really only makes sense in the non-family world. So I wouldn't consider it an incest game that has been changed. I'd consider it a non-incest game with some taboo-ish origins.
There's the devs take on the whole incest thing.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
ou claim the dev has confirmed the game was not designed with incest in mind, cite your source and I will concede the point.
Thank you @ive_got-problems post above. Hope that clears things up.
My opinion, or rather my preference in games is not an unpopular one, 3 out of 5 of the top trending games on F95 Zone are incest games.
Your preference of incest is not what I meant with unpopular opinion. I was referring to your unpopular opinion that incest would make this game better.
Feeling is not a measurable objective fact, by it's very nature it is subjective, it feels like something is missing, that is my opinion, I'm entitled to that and don't have to back up a subjective opinion with facts.
You're 100% allowed to have feelings. But people can disagree with it if you don't explain your feelings properly. I can say I'm sad, but if I can't say why I'm sad, then people won't understand it. You are 100% allowed to feel that the game would be better if it's incest. But you haven't been able to explain why incest would make the game better at all.

Reactions: Gecko
U

User_467152

If you want an incest game i can tell you son there's like 627 games with it but this ain't one. HIT ME buummm tchii buum tchiii 627 games but this ain't one
Pay attention to the rest of the thread I'm well aware there are a lot of incest games on here, and I don't need to find any, I've got a backlog of like a dozen I haven't tried. Right now I'm just kind of pissed, so I'm gonna keep arguing until I'm satisfied.

U

User_467152

Thank you @ive_got-problems post above. Hope that clears things up.

Your preference of incest is not what I meant with unpopular opinion. I was referring to your unpopular opinion that incest would make this game better.

You're 100% allowed to have feelings. But people can disagree with it if you don't explain your feelings properly. I can say I'm sad, but if I can't say why I'm sad, then people won't understand it. You are 100% allowed to feel that the game would be better if it's incest. But you haven't been able to explain why incest would make the game better at all.
I don't need to explain why incest would make the game better, it's one man's opinion, what I said wasn't intrusive, I didn't force my opinion on anyone else, you say your sad I say too bad and leave, this is something different, it has nothing to do with me not backing up my opinion, which is just that, an opinion. I can't figure out why people are coming after me so aggressively, what I said was simple, and not impolite by any sense of the word. I didn't state opinion as facts, I used keywords like "feel", context is important.

Reactions: Hyped and tossler

Mytez

Engaged Member
Jul 28, 2017
This is going to sound silly, but in a world where almost every game following the premise of the "returning lost son" is about incest (obviously), it's nice to have one that it's not. Having the characters complain every five minutes how wrong everything they are doing is gets a little bit annoying.
So no thanks, no incest.

And props to you Cheeky for sticking to your vision, even though I'm sure there are a lot of people pushing for it.

U

User_467152

Very well, I concede the point. You're right about the dev, still my opinion stands. I'm not unreasonable, I voiced my opinion, didn't force it on anyone, deliberately used words like "feel" to attempt to avoid misunderstandings. Next time approach a situation like this more tactfully, all this did was serve to piss me off and was counterproductive, and it's not that I'm lazy it's just that it's 3 AM here.

Synnerai

Nov 11, 2016
Come on, guys, it doesn't matter... I think, that the motherly and family aspect is there, even though it's not incest. Cheeky achieved a nice compromise that is appealing to almost anybody. I think that the universal appeal was the intent and if the first idea was incest or not, doesn't matter.

U

User_467152

Come on, guys, it doesn't matter... I think, that the motherly and family aspect is there, even though it's not incest. Cheeky achieved a nice compromise that is appealing to almost anybody. I think that the universal appeal was the intent and if the first idea was incest or not, doesn't matter.
Glad someone here knows how to be polite.

Bonhomie

Aug 20, 2018
Keep bitching at each other guys - the download is taking for ever and I need entertaining until I can unpack it and play ;)

44% and another 11 minutes

Reactions: CheekyGimp
4.40 star(s) 321 Votes