• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mytez

Engaged Member
Jul 28, 2017
Doing so completely changed the complication of the base game.
Lily/Debbie would probably freak out if they see you with Katie.
Same case with Zarah/Monica.
Now there has to be a reason why you are living with dad if Monica is your mom.
Monica can't really be the "lover", which removes pressure from the character.
Unless no one knew you at the party, you can't pretend to be Katie's boyfriend.

A lot of stuff would have to change, that why I don't like it, it's not as simple as changing the relationships.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Cheeky has confirmed that the game was never meant to be an incest game to begin with.
I know that, but I have a hard time believing it. The taboo nature of the early conversations about any sexual encounter seems too strong for people who are just family friends. Way too much reluctance among attractive people who are thrown together in the same household, and are NOT related.

At any rate, I am fine with where it stands, and have already said that it would not make so much sense any more to change it into an incest game.

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
I know that, but I have a hard time believing it. The taboo nature of the early conversations about any sexual encounter seems too strong for people who are just family friends. Way too much reluctance among attractive people who are thrown together in the same household, and are NOT related.
The dev said that idea for this game originally stemmed from incest scenario so you are right. I am pretty sure he posted about it in this thread so I have no idea why would people say otherwise.

Yep. Initial idea was that rich Dad kep Mom and Sisters out of the picture after the divorce. (So no dead Mom). Made some changes to make it patreon friendly. But once all episodes complete, I'll make a F**-You Patreon version where Mom and Sisters get to welcome their brother when he cums home!

Last edited:

McWoodz

Oct 28, 2018
My input on the incest / non-incest thing:
The very first seed of an idea was a long-lost son returning back to a family home. But I had two issues with this. 1: Obviously due to Patreon rules this wouldn't have been allowed. 2: There may not have been enough original ideas to set it apart from others in that genre. So then I started thinking about the whole friend of his mother scenario and non-sisters whom the MC knew from a young age and that became the new "seed". Everything else, the background plot (haven't seen much on this, but lots more to come), the specific characters, the dead mother ALL stemmed from that second (non-incest) seed. So pretty much everything in the game eveolved from the non-incest idea. And a lot of what's in the game (and what's to come) really only makes sense in the non-family world. So I wouldn't consider it an incest game that has been changed. I'd consider it a non-incest game with some taboo-ish origins.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
The dev said that idea for this game originally stemmed from incest scenario so you are right. I am pretty sure he posted about it in this thread so I have no idea why would people say otherwise.
You're misunderstanding the intention of his post you quoted. What he meant there is that he originally had an idea of an incest game but he made changes to be Patreon friendly. But this doesn't equate to that incest game being made into non-incest. This means the initial incest game was re-written to be non-incest. So the current version of WTHI is completely written to be non-incest. Here's the quote that better explained it.
My input on the incest / non-incest thing:
The very first seed of an idea was a long-lost son returning back to a family home. But I had two issues with this. 1: Obviously due to Patreon rules this wouldn't have been allowed. 2: There may not have been enough original ideas to set it apart from others in that genre. So then I started thinking about the whole friend of his mother scenario and non-sisters whom the MC knew from a young age and that became the new "seed". Everything else, the background plot (haven't seen much on this, but lots more to come), the specific characters, the dead mother ALL stemmed from that second (non-incest) seed. So pretty much everything in the game eveolved from the non-incest idea. And a lot of what's in the game (and what's to come) really only makes sense in the non-family world. So I wouldn't consider it an incest game that has been changed. I'd consider it a non-incest game with some taboo-ish origins.

I'm a bit confused with it. I didn't actually feel any taboo nature at all between the characters. Monica is the probably the only one closest to it because she's older and felt like she was a mother-figure to MC, so she might feel that sexual relationship with MC is "wrong" as if she's taking advantage of the younger person.

But I never felt the same taboo feeling between MC and Katie/Jenna. Katie was happily kissed on the lips by MC from the beginning, being touched while MC applied sunscreen to her body, and even being spanked on her bare ass. No hesitation as if they were siblings. No such thing as "we shouldn't do this because we're siblings".

Jenna's relationship with MC didn't feel like there was reluctance based on sibling relationship either. It focused on her being an introverted person that is not comfortable with her body image. There was no reluctance of "why am I taking off my clothes in front of my brother?" kind of thing whatsoever.

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
You're misunderstanding the intention of his post you quoted. What he meant there is that he originally had an idea of an incest game but he made changes to be Patreon friendly. But this doesn't equate to that incest game being made into non-incest. This means the initial incest game was re-written to be non-incest. So the current version of WTHI is completely written to be non-incest. Here's the quote that better explained it.
Let's agree to disagree on that one? I said that the idea for this game originally stemmed from incest scenario and showed developers words that prove it. Obviously at this point this game is very far from the first idea but thats where it all started. Literally nothing in my post was incorrect.

Reactions: Red469

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Let's agree to disagree on that one? I said that the idea for this game originally stemmed from incest scenario and showed developers words that prove it. Obviously at this point this game is very far from the first idea but thats where it all started. Literally nothing in my post was incorrect.
Your post is incorrect because you agreed with Viktor who said the game felt like it was written to be an incest game. The game was never written to be an incest game. Therefore, the game cannot feel like it was written to be an incest game. The whole premise of the game only worked if it's non-incest.

My post showed Cheeky's quote where he clearly explained the two seeds (incest and non-incest), specifically these two points:
1. So pretty much everything in the game evolved from the non-incest idea. And a lot of what's in the game (and what's to come) really only makes sense in the non-family world.
2. So I wouldn't consider it an incest game that has been changed. I'd consider it a non-incest game with some taboo-ish origins.

Your post is correct that the original idea was incest as said by Cheeky himself.
However, the conclusion is incorrect because that original idea did not actually exist in the game itself.

So think about it more like if you were thinking of making steak, but then decided to cut the meat and make beef curry instead. When you eat the curry, it won't make sense for you to say "hmm .. this feels like eating steak" just because you originally wanted to make steak.

Reactions: UncleVT

Disabled Account #1278362

Donor
Mar 8, 2019
OUTSTANDING... I am wondering if there will be a link to dl your patch in the OP?
Thank you for your hard work to make these titles even more enjoyable...
When I post it, which should be in a few hours, I will ask a mod to add a link to the OP, in addition to posting the link here.

As for the debate about incest vs non incest, I have a few thoughts.

1. While the game may have in the very early stages been intended to be an incest game, I think it's clear at this point that it has moved beyond that. It's not that the feeling is gone in later episodes, but it is much more noticable very early on.

2. Unlike a lot of games that are just landlady/roommate swaps, I think the Patreon version of this game is perfectly fine.

3. Do I think adding incest to the game makes an already great game even better? Personally, yes. Part of that is just my love for the genre. But having almost finished my mod at this point, while it is obviously more in depth than simple name changes, the material changes to the story are actually fairly easy to alter, when it boils down to it, the only real material change is the backstory between the dad and Monica.

Now I want to address what people have pointed out as to why they think incest doesn't work at all.

1. The Inheritance. Someone posted that if the other characters are related, they would be involved in the inheritance dispute. This argument just holds no water. In inheritance law, a person who is of sound mind can will their estate to anyone, and exclude anyone, even their children. So if the dad decided to not include his ex wife or daughters in the will, that's that, no contradictions, full stop.

2. The argument about the people around the family who are aware of the situation is a little more valid. But, first of all, part of it is just down to suspension of disbelief. Most incest games have third parties that eventually become aware of the incestuous relationship and dont run screaming or call the police. And each characters motivation for being okay with it differs. For Zarah, for example, I think the reason why she would be okay with it is that she has seen her best friend be lonely for years, and now seeing how Monica is around the MC, she cares more about her best friend being happy than she does about what's "right" or "wrong".

3. Someone mentioned the party, saying it would only work if no one there knew you. That is kind of the point. They don't.

Lastly, if you are skeptical about how it is going to work from the story perspective, I just ask that you try the mod and see, assuming you aren't averse to incest in games in the first place that is.

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
Therefore, the game cannot feel like it was written to be an incest game.
First release and next few updates certainly feel like you are playing incest game without incest patch. Everything stink of the "original idea". If you can't feel that then having this dicussion is pointless so let's end it. With this I once again stand by what I wrote in that post. Why you get so defensive about this is beyond me.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
1. The Inheritance. Someone posted that if the other characters are related, they would be involved in the inheritance dispute. This argument just holds no water. In inheritance law, a person who is of sound mind can will their estate to anyone, and exclude anyone, even their children. So if the dad decided to not include his ex wife or daughters in the will, that's that, no contradictions, full stop.
You're missing the point. Of course the dad can legally exclude anyone. But the point is that if incest game, Monica/Katie/Jenna would then get more involved into the inheritance because they had grounds to feel upset about being excluded. The story would then changed from revolving about MC and the two gold diggers, into a conflict involving Monica/Katie/Jenna.

How would your mother and two sisters feel if you and your dad's two side-chicks get the inheritance while the actual wife and two daughters were excluded? Of course there's going to be conflict. Not only between them and non-family side-chicks, but also between them and you ("why do you get something and we don't?"). Such conflict doesn't appear in the game at all because the game is written with Monica/Katie/Jenna being outsiders (except Monica might be the other gold digger).

2. The argument about the people around the family who are aware of the situation is a little more valid. But, first of all, part of it is just down to suspension of disbelief. Most incest games have third parties that eventually become aware of the incestuous relationship and dont run screaming or call the police. And each characters motivation for being okay with it differs. For Zarah, for example, I think the reason why she would be okay with it is that she has seen her best friend be lonely for years, and now seeing how Monica is around the MC, she cares more about her best friend being happy than she does about what's "right" or "wrong".
While third parties can be aware of the incestuous relationship and not calling the police, it's usually because there's context behind such thing. What happened here is that you're expecting everyone to act OK as if it's not a taboo talking point at all. You wrote what you think Zarah could feel, ok let's accept that. How about Zarah's own relationship with MC? Zarah is very upfront with her flirting from the very beginning. Would she still be flirting from the get go if MC is her best friend's son who had been away for long? Zarah's openly flirting would make more sense if MC is not Monica's son.

And what about Debbie and Lily? Suddenly OK with their blood sister to have her brother take her virginity?

Simply put, changing the game into incest needs a lot more changes to fit the plot and characteristics, and by then, it's pretty much a different game. You can make Harry Potter as incest story if you make Harry a Weasley, but then it really is a Harry Weasley story and no longer Harry Potter, right?

First release and next few updates certainly feel like you are playing incest game without incest patch.
I keep on seeing this, but what exactly in the first release and next few updates that felt like you're playing incest game? Just the premise of being in a house with one older woman and her two daughters? I'm not being defensive about it. I'm simply confused why some people felt like the game was meant to be incest when there was nothing that indicated such thing at all.

Donor
Mar 8, 2019
You're missing the point. Of course the dad can legally exclude anyone. But the point is that if incest game, Monica/Katie/Jenna would then get more involved into the inheritance because they had grounds to feel upset about being excluded. The story would then changed from revolving about MC and the two gold diggers, into a conflict involving Monica/Katie/Jenna.

How would your mother and two sisters feel if you and your dad's two side-chicks get the inheritance while the actual wife and two daughters were excluded? Of course there's going to be conflict. Not only between them and non-family side-chicks, but also between them and you ("why do you get something and we don't?"). Such conflict doesn't appear in the game at all because the game is written with Monica/Katie/Jenna being outsiders (except Monica might be the other gold digger).
I'm not going to continue to argue about this with you. The last thing I will say is that in regard to the inheritance, Monica/Katie/Jenna would presumably have had no contact with the dad for at least 8 years, which is most of Katie/Jenna's lives. They had been completely cut off, at that point they would have no reason to expect that they would receive any part of the dad's estate. Sure you can make the argument that they would still be upset about it, but you can just as easily make the argument that they are kind people who have accepted that and are simply supportive of the MC dealing with all that shit, as at that point, none of them even consider the dad to be family of theirs.

I will admit that it does require some suspension of disbelief, but most adult games do. You are clearly opposed to the existence of the mod in general, but a lot of people like it and are able to suspend their disbelief of the unrealistic elements in order to enjoy it. If you can get past those couple of relatively minor issues (aka accepting that Monica/Katie/Jenna don't care about the inheritance and that the side characters who are aware of the incestuous relationships are okay with it), I think you will find that it doesn't really change the story that much. But if you still are against it, I don't hold it against you, you don't have to use the mod, just let the people who can get past those unrealistic parts enjoy it.

Kayzer

Sep 4, 2018
Your post is incorrect because you agreed with Viktor who said the game felt like it was written to be an incest game. The game was never written to be an incest game. Therefore, the game cannot feel like it was written to be an incest game. The whole premise of the game only worked if it's non-incest.

Well that makes zero sense. Since when does a feeling need to be grounded in facts at all? Was having dinner with my mom a few days ago, she felt cold despite it being 25 degrees Celsius that's by no means cold. So you're saying she couldn't have felt cold since it actually wasn't cold?

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Well that makes zero sense. Since when does a feeling need to be grounded in facts at all? Was having dinner with my mom a few days ago, she felt cold despite it being 25 degrees Celsius that's by no means cold. So you're saying she couldn't have felt cold since it actually wasn't cold?
Your mom can feel cold because feeling cold is not just affected by the temperature, and obviously different people have different tolerance towards heat/cold. What happens here is more like your mom saying her tea tasted too sweet despite you accidentally putting salt instead of sugar. She's just wrong.

The last thing I will say is that in regard to the inheritance, Monica/Katie/Jenna would presumably have had no contact with the dad for at least 8 years, which is most of Katie/Jenna's lives.
Surely Katie and Jenna are older than 16 years old. :p

You are clearly opposed to the existence of the mod in general, but a lot of people like it and are able to suspend their disbelief of the unrealistic elements in order to enjoy it.
I have zero opposition toward the existence of the incest mod, I support you or anyone to make whatever mod you want on any game. I'm not stopping others from enjoying your mod either.

What I disagreed with is simply when people insisted the game was meant to be incest while the game is clearly not written to be incest. Just because you can make an incest mod to work doesn't mean the base game was meant to be incest.

You have to make modification to the character relationship, you have to make modification to the characteristic of the characters, and you have suspend your disbelief even more by making further assumptions. After all those changes, it's simply a different game. It's no longer Cheeky's game. It's your vision of Cheeky's game. That's why it's a mod. You modify.

Reactions: UncleVT

Kayzer

Sep 4, 2018
What happens here is more like your mom saying her tea tasted too sweet despite you accidentally putting salt instead of sugar. She's just wrong.
No, she really isn't, since she's the ONLY one that knows her point of view. No one have said that they are objectively right, but you can't say that someones subjective viewpoint is wrong since it has nothing do do with the facts of the matter. I for example have no sense of smell, so even if I'm in the most disgusting place ever I can say "I don't smell anything" and be totally in the right despite the place clearly smelling like death.

Now, if I had said "it doesn't smell" then I've would have been wrong as that's an objective statement, but no one in this thread as far as I've seen have made such a statement.

Last edited:

Donor
Mar 8, 2019
What I disagreed with is simply when people insisted the game was meant to be incest while the game is clearly not written to be incest.
I can see where the very early episodes, like the first 2-3, seem like the game was meant to be incest originally, and as that one post showed, in the very early stages it was intended to be that way. But past the very first few episodes, yes, I agree with you that it is obvious that the game is not "meant" to be an incest game.

Maveric

Mar 14, 2018
My mod PC version EP12-2.1 (Invasive! If old saves don't work use 1.0 instead)
Android:
(Gallery + Walkthrough with options + Start At Any Episode + Optional Incest for EP 1-12, etc )
OR
My mod version EP13-1.1 (Gallery + Walkthrough + Start At Any Episode) (I'll update the gallery and start function soon)
theres an error about the android i cant install the app idk why, my phone is huawei nova 3i with the latest android version of android pie..
i play a lot of android games especially adult content....

Red469

May 18, 2018
No offense, but the story is completely about "girl meets boy" at all. The story is about the inheritance (how to fulfill the condition, finding out who the mysterious gold digger is, who sent the email to Monica, etc).

It's more enjoyable if you have incest fetish and that's fine. But I call BS on the lots of depth and additional things to deal with. It doesn't really work with the game because if Monica/Katie/Jenna are family, then obviously they are supposed to be involved in the inheritance conflict. Doing so completely changed the complication of the base game.
Grins....

Thank you for making my Point for me even more clearly... Your Right.

Fair Point Mr Skylaroo, Well made.

Red469

May 18, 2018
Fair Point, Well made.
Have you Enjoyed the VN With the Incest patch? Or played the V nila only?
INHO its considerable Better With.

4.40 star(s) 321 Votes