CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Looking for opinions on these two pics:
Looking for opinions on these as to which one looks better (lighting-wise). Obviously she is better lit in the first pic, but does the lighting look more natural in the second one (or too dark) ?
I'm leaning towards pic1, but looking for inputs....

Renetta

Jan 30, 2018
Looking for opinions on these as to which one looks better (lighting-wise). Obviously she is better lit in the first pic, but does the lighting look more natural in the second one (or too dark) ?

Is the first one an actual render or did you render background and character separately and combined them in PS ?

jaydem

Sep 8, 2017

I agree with you @CheekyGimp , the first one is my preference as well. The second just a little too off, kinda zombie-ish, or your trying for a shade effect but the background doesn't support the scene.
So my vote is the first one Brother...……………..Peace!!

Reactions: CheekyGimp

K4in

Nov 14, 2017

Well it's depends where the light source is, obviously if it's on character then 1st pic, but then the doors looks very dark which is weird. Maybe turn down the lights on wall a bit down then the contrast wont be so high on the second pic.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
A little upcoming update information for you, as you peruse and cogitate over the pictures above...

Development Update # 1
Jun 19 at 11:47am
Day / Episode Structure
Episode 5 is still progressing... I'm trying to move away from each day= 2 episodes, but it will take a couple more episodes to get there, so my current plan is:

Episode 5 will cover approx. two thirds of Day 3

Episode 6 will cover the rest of Day 3 and some of Day 4.

Episode 7 - The rest of Day 4, including the Party!

Episode 8 - Day 5 in Full!

So the 3 "date" days will take 4 episodes, not 6.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018

I vote neither. But, if you could "average" the two light levels, I think you would have a winner.

Carlo S

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
May 20, 2017

Talking about light, the first one is clear and looks better, it will be my choice :):):)

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Episode length
It's really difficult to capture pure "playtime per episode" as it depends on reading speed, FAP speed (LOL), how interested the player is in dialog, number of choices, etc. so I won't try, but here's some stats for each episode ... just for context.....

Day 1(Ep 1 &2 combined ): Total images: 103 Lines of code: 3200
So an average of 50 images, 1600 lines per episode
Episode 3: ~50 New images, 1600 lines
Episode 4: ~90 images, 1900 lines of code
Episode 5: Current estimate, > 110 images & >2000 lines of code.

As always, please keep me honest with regard to content / quality, etc. and for those Extra-special fans (i.e. Paying patrons), Value.

Thanks to everyone who plays, special thanks to anyone that provides comments & feedback. And my sincere gratitude to ALL Patrons of this game - I really do appreciate it.

"This above all; to thine own self, be naughty" - William Cockspeare

4.40 star(s) 324 Votes