• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
I would go so far as to say that you could probably hold down skip the whole update and it would probably take longer than 10 mins. There is also also more than half the episode that will be ready for viewing even if we split it, if split it would mainly be because the finale of this update is a monster that might get pushed if we can't get all its parts in this month.
I know this might be a strange question; but what is your writing process like? Do you layout each girl (lolz) and then decide what your interactivity is going to be like with them in that episode? Like I said before, that Excel spreadsheet must give you anxiety.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: sandstorm1872
Jun 22, 2017
The old "Momica" joke aside, at least your use of "mom" doesn't explicitly look like calling Monica the MC's mother.

Nah, that "a lot of people" just want to play an incest game, which is fair enough. However, this isn't one without a mod that makes extensive changes to make it so. Anyone hiding behind "that's too depressing, so I'll play with Monica as mother!" is just bullshitting.

Almost the same thing happens in the thread for A Mother's Love - People that want it to be an incest game, when it explicitly isn't. Even to the point that there are people wanting the MC's actual mother (alive and well) to become a sex option in game.
Personally I see it the same way as playing an RPG like "Skyrim" if you want to play the vanilla game that's fine.
However if you feel that a modded version of the game make the gameplay experience better for "you" then go ahead and enjoy that.

Personally I didn't really care either way, hell if the script had just been something like:
"You have moved to a new city and are staying with an old friend of the family..."
That would have been just fine for me, I just personally didn't want to play/watch/read a story where the MC's is being taken pity on throughout the game because his mother died.

The incest part of the mod was & is irrelevant to me, just make me a narrative I don't have to cringe over so I can enjoy the game.
Someone provided that, so that is what I play the game with.
If you don't like that some people play the game with a different narrative due to a mod, that's fine.
But there is no reason take 'shots' at people playing with the mod, just because you don't like it.

You claim that people who have an incest fetish hide behind phrases like "That's too depressing" and call it bullshitting aka lying.
First of all - there is not fact in any of that, just your personal opinion on the matter.
Secondly - I personally haven't hidden anything, I like incest tagged games most of the time, they are not a main reason why I would pick one game over another, but at least as I explained above, it was minor reason in regards to this game, simply that it changed the narrative.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Fr? I havent gotten that yet, when does she find out? Or do you just talking in hypothetical
The morning you lie in bed with Jenna and Katie comes in, if you just tell her what's up, it's over with Katie, while Jenna forgives you, even though she's pissed.

Reactions: acewinz

P4cc3r5

Feb 4, 2019
The morning you lie in bed with Jenna and Katie comes in, if you just tell her what's up, it's over with Katie, while Jenna forgives you, even though she's pissed.
Which suggests Katie & Jenna would be even more pissed if they're not into sharing and you told a white lie. If so, Katie emasculates MC & Jenna erases his existence online :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: botc76

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016
You claim that people who have an incest fetish hide behind phrases like "That's too depressing" and call it bullshitting aka lying.
First of all - there is not fact in any of that, just your personal opinion on the matter.
Secondly - I personally haven't hidden anything, I like incest tagged games most of the time, they are not a main reason why I would pick one game over another, but at least as I explained above, it was minor reason in regards to this game, simply that it changed the narrative.
The question is, why anybody on a forum like F95zone would want to hide behind anything, if he or she has an incest fetish.
Being into fictional incest is relatively harmless compared to some of the kinks peeps here have.
And I can't say it often enough that kink-shaming has no place on a site like this.

You wanna play with incest mod, personally I have no desire or see a need for that in this game, but if you like it, just lean back and enjoy, no need to justify or explain yourself.

There's really too many people here into telling others how they should enjoy WTHI and other games.

Last edited:

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Which suggests Katie & Jenna would be even more pissed if they're not into sharing and you told a white lie. If so, Katie emasculates MC & Jenna erases his existence online :ROFLMAO:
Well, we haven't reached the end of the game yet and MC is so charming, every female character gets wet for him and believes everything he tells them, so who knows?
Maybe the girls will go all Fleetwood Mac on you and want you to tell them "sweet little lies." :cool:

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
The question is, why anybody on a forum like F95zone would want to hide behind anything, if he or she has an incest fetish.
I'd imagine they don't.
Regrettably Futanari-cumslut deleted their post before I could respond to their reply to me, (so this is more a reply to them than it is to what you've written) and point out that they needed to read what I said again. I never said anything in my reply about anyone hiding behind anything because, as you say, there's no need to do so on a forum like this.

And I can't say it often enough that kink-shaming has no place on a side like this.
Exactly.
I used to play Parental Love with the incest patch, because it's how the game's meant to be played. However after a certain point I stopped using it because I'm not personally comfortable with the dev's decision of having the youngest daughter be as young as she is, and the patch restores her content at the same time as re-enabling the incest aspect.
Others have no problem with that and that's their choice, and it sure as hell isn't my place to criticise them for it.

Reactions: botc76
Jun 22, 2017
I'd imagine they don't.
Regrettably Futanari-cumslut deleted their post before I could respond to their reply to me, (so this is more a reply to them than it is to what you've written) and point out that they needed to read what I said again. I never said anything in my reply about anyone hiding behind anything because, as you say, there's no need to do so on a forum like this.

Exactly.
I used to play Parental Love with the incest patch, because it's how the game's meant to be played. However after a certain point I stopped using it because I'm not personally comfortable with the dev's decision of having the youngest daughter be as young as she is, and the patch restores her content at the same time as re-enabling the incest aspect.
Others have no problem with that and that's their choice, and it sure as hell isn't my place to criticise them for it.
I didn't delete anything some moderator did as they felt we were getting off topic.
So seeing as any further discussion seems to be denied by the moderators this will be my last response to this.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
I know this might be a strange question; but what is your writing process like? Do you layout each girl (lolz) and then decide what your interactivity is going to be like with them in that episode? Like I said before, that Excel spreadsheet must give you anxiety.
Haha. Nah, no anxiety really, the spreadsheet mainly keeps track of the variables for us. We have discussed the plot and "pathing" for the girls so much that Cheeky and I know where everything is going and usually only have to discuss the nuances as they happen. Though sometimes we will have ideas that pop up as we go that we try to incorporate.

We usually get together at the start of an EP's writing to discuss what parts of the story/girls are going to be in the Ep and those nuances. Then I take the first swing at the initial rough draft (as he is usually finalizing stuff for the previous EP) for as much as I can and Cheeky chases my scenes and tweaks/adds or if a particular scene caught his eye I haven't done yet he may pick it up first. In the end we both end up double checking each other and seeing if we both are on track with the way things should feel/go. He has final say of course, it is his baby, but we don't step on each others toes really since we think a lot alike.

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
Haha. Nah, no anxiety really, the spreadsheet mainly keeps track of the variables for us. We have discussed the plot and "pathing" for the girls so much that Cheeky and I know where everything is going and usually only have to discuss the nuances as they happen. Though sometimes we will have ideas that pop up as we go that we try to incorporate.

We usually get together at the start of an EP's writing to discuss what parts of the story/girls are going to be in the Ep and those nuances. Then I take the first swing at the initial rough draft (as he is usually finalizing stuff for the previous EP) for as much as I can and Cheeky chases my scenes and tweaks/adds or if a particular scene caught his eye I haven't done yet he may pick it up first. In the end we both end up double checking each other and seeing if we both are on track with the way things should feel/go. He has final say of course, it is his baby, but we don't step on each others toes really since we think a lot alike.
That's really interesting! And her is another dumb question, if you have time; have character's evolved beyond what you initially thought they would be? Like, did they evolve almost naturally as you wrote them?
I only ask because I am writing up something now, and I find myself (as I write up a draft) changing a character as I go.

Boracle

Jun 3, 2017
Usually i don't have anything against harem endings in games, but here's why it's just absurd in WTHI. This game builds the characters in very very deep details and unfolds the story based on their temper. As i said earlier, this is the first game where i didn't skip a single line of dialogue simply because the story is really interesting and involving. It is also kinda realistic (yes i said it). You have to keep in mind that MC is supposed to be 19 yo, with hot body, good looks and charm. At that age pheromones are really kicking in hard and making it much easier to get women of any age, so it's not that absurd for the women to get horny, just by looking at him. So considering that level of realism and the characters it would be silly to be able to get Monica in bed with her daughters, when we see how much she tries to protect them. Same with Elaine. We heard the father already saying that if she found out about the other woman, she would've killed him herself. So for her to end up in an orgy with her sister is simply suicide for the MC. Oh and btw, we still don't know the real motives behind Elaine's actions. She could be completely evil and just serving her own agenda.
That said that doesn't mean there can't be some group endings. Any combination between Katie, Debbie and Lily are completely ok and in the current level of realism. Same with Jolina, Bella and Jenna. Monica and Zarah at this point is almost a must. And Wanda and Angel is surely nice possibility.

Jacob VK

Mar 29, 2019
Is there any new update for the devs?

And my opinion to harem route... I dont mind it as long as i dont have to choose all the girls... Like in this story... I love Monice and her daughters, so i dont mind a harem route with them.... or Elaine (if she is good) and Bella (if she also good?) route, or they all together... and Lily and friends... rest i dont like much... But I loved the story... its just a sad... that updates taking so much time...

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
That's really interesting! And her is another dumb question, if you have time; have character's evolved beyond what you initially thought they would be? Like, did they evolve almost naturally as you wrote them?
I only ask because I am writing up something now, and I find myself (as I write up a draft) changing a character as I go.
Definitely. Sometimes when writing for me and others I've talked to (Cheeky included), the characters you created or are working with take on their own life. Often you end up just putting them into a situation and you end up just writing the reactions they would take based on their established character/motivations and the evolutions happen very naturally. The hard part is coming up with the right conditions in which they would act according to how you would want them to sometimes lol. Without giving too much away there are several chars who have evolved as more then they were intended to be in WTHI. Partly due to how their personality evolved and also partly due to player feelings that coincided with ours. :)

You might wanna hunt down our Dev of the Week in Lewd Gamers Discord. We had a lot of questions of this nature that were answered you might enjoy.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Well I love it, it was 1 of my 4 favorite ones and really loved how you artfully dodged incest as I'm not a fan of the incest crap. And I love big tits, my girl has H cups and I love them!
He's not one of the devs, and that post was from (nearly) two years ago...

sandstorm1872

Sep 6, 2018

The episode development style is quite expected but good to know this is really the case.

I was wondering if:

1. Character exit -- Are there any characters that would cease to appear due to player choices/ storylines, going fwd?
  2. Ending(s) -- Are there multiple endings planned? I think it's a stupid question given so many characters and their arcs. Additionally, which episode would be the finale? Somehow I'm getting the inkling given the content size of E17, the next one might be the final. I remember CheekyGimp promised an epilogue as well.
Keep up the good work, quality storylines have been a hallmark of your team.

4.40 star(s) 321 Votes