martin24

May 16, 2018
Wimshidate_01.png

Overview:
(Please read the developer's notes before trying the game, it's in a very early stage)

Welcome to WhimsiDate
WhimsiDate will be a dating and romance game with explicit content. The story is about Shane and Dana, two young people who are adapting to their new university life in a new city. The characters will be filled with clichés and stereotypes, but that doesn't necessarily make it negative; in fact, these elements work well with the overall tone of the work.
The game will include typical visual novel mechanics, such as a calendar and time system, an affinity and romance system between characters, and some additional mechanics that I will discuss later during development. My goal is to create a rich and dynamic story where player decisions have a real impact on the plot's development. Regarding sexual content, you'll be able to choose to play as a man or a woman and explore your sexuality without restrictions, regardless of your orientation.

Thread Updated: 2023-11-02
Release Date: 2023-11-02
Developer: mike24
Censored: No
Language: English & Spanish
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - -

WD_Joss_02.png WD_Joss_03.jpg Selene_nude_12.jpg Selene_nude_15.jpg Selene_nude_18.jpg Selene_nude_23.jpg WD_Dana_01.png sitting_dildo_06.jpg WD_danaShane_cum_01.jpg

Last edited:

cuzidu

Jun 9, 2017
Four different introductions? I hope you're aware of how much work you'll have while keeping up with this branching design. If it branches out further in the future, yeah, godspeed.
well, here is a game proposal that works very well in unity. characterizations, character models, skins, etc. all variables are simplified in this engine. I don't think renpy is a safe choice for this type of approach, unless the dev is willing to cover all possible variables one by one. I hope the project works out. good luck to him.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Archive is missing files. Gofile link. Pixeldrain is fine.
1698897934725.png

Last edited:

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Saves are broken:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'function'>: attribute lookup __builtin__.function failed

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3910, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1053, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 720, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1243, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 245, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1243, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 975, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 910, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 413, in save
    reraise(t, e, tb)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 399, in save
    dump((roots, renpy.game.log), logf)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 49, in dump
    cPickle.dump(o, f, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'function'>: attribute lookup __builtin__.function failed

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
WhimsiDate: Erotic Adventures in Simland 1.0
Wed Nov  1 21:27:13 2023

Reactions: Melmoth99

Six0

Mar 22, 2019
Why is it that when you set the text speed to max, it still loads slow? Like one letter at a time. This is not how people want to play visual novels. Also, starting off with a dream sequence, ugh...

Reactions: Shenhan

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Why is it that when you set the text speed to max, it still loads slow? Like one letter at a time. This is not how people want to play visual novels. Also, starting off with a dream sequence, ugh...
Lots of issues with this one. Will wait till a fix or a new update.

Thedude715

Nov 6, 2017
Ah cool tags futa and femboys sign me up! (boots up game) you can't set text to instant? hm oh well... And wow it is a sandbox game aswell :cry: gl dev but no thanks, needs to have sandbox tag added.

Reactions: Wzighack

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
Trying to please everyone is almost certainly either going to result in development that is so insanely slow, no one will ever be pleased, or the workload is so immense you will get overwhelmed and quit entirely. Good luck - But I believe you are going to need a great deal more than just luck, for this project to survive.

Reactions: Ullubu and Wzighack
Sep 14, 2023
well, here is a game proposal that works very well in unity. characterizations, character models, skins, etc. all variables are simplified in this engine. I don't think renpy is a safe choice for this type of approach, unless the dev is willing to cover all possible variables one by one. I hope the project works out. good luck to him.
here is a game proposal, in unity 9 out of 10, the games are unplayable, userinterface sucks, it takes forever to load, and is extremly slow on 4k monitors.

And with renpy at least you can extract the .rpa files and see if you are missing anything...

mafarus

Apr 29, 2023
Well, it’s still damp, very damp, but there is potential. Subjective: 1. I hate sandboxes. 2. The game crashes to the menu if you click in the wrong place. But in general, good luck to the developers. Any road begins with the first step, and you have taken your first step.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
I guess I did everything that is available right now. In all honesty, didn't expect it to turn all sandboxy on me, but did like the fact that I could play a female character, and I was able to name her Jen, after yours truly, and could make her lesbian, again, after yours truly, but the sandbox part, kinda got lost there for a moment. But with all the things saying, "Can't do that right now" or "Under Construction" is why I think I did everything, and going to bed caused a big "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" then Poof, back to the main menu. Glad I saved before I was having the time pass by studying. Anyways, other than the sandbox part, I did like it, had some interesting relationships going there, but due to the sandboxes, unless someone makes an official mod for this game, don't see future updates making it to the list itself, but maybe the secondary list I have for times when I have time to play on those.

Reactions: nexthecat

hurnt91

Jul 31, 2019
The descriptions do not always line up with the pictures. For instance when Dana is sucking on a dildo after a few lines it describes her putting it on the floor and riding it but that scene does not happen until several lines after the event is described.

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor