Unreal Engine Abandoned White Light [v0.2] [HappyPixel]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

DasKapitan

Oct 26, 2017
Having tried it, there's no way the size of this download is justified by the level of content... The graphics are no better than any other UE4 starter project. There's an awkward mix of very low resolution textures on large, obvious objects and ultra high-res textures on small, insignificant ones. But the game seems like it's trying to cover that over by using every single post-process effect cranked up to 11.

The writing is average I guess, but it's made worse by the bad translation. There are some really cringy lines that I suspect are common Russian turns of phrase which have been translated directly into English, instead of translating their intent. Overall the experience is just a linear walk between a series of splash screens. First these screens are the tutorial, then they become exposition.

Really size matters though. If you compare WL with other UE4 projects like Wild Life, Breeders of the Nephlym, Sinful Empire or Fallen Doll, they all offer a lot more content (and more interesting content) for only 1-2gb each... White Light is a huge download without a huge game to back it up. It's unpolished and unoptimised to the extent that I suspect the download contains a lot of assets which aren't even being used... If it were only a 1gb download it might be worth keeping an eye on each new update, but I probably won't check back in until it's either finished or a gets an optimized build.

(If you're on restrictive download limits this should be a hard-pass. I'm on 60gb/m and definitely regret it.)

zoneitorboneit

Apr 30, 2018
Great looking game but everything is just too slow. Want to enter a door? Press a few keys in the right order.
Want to go into any area? Wait for the camera to pan the scenery.

It's just extremely tedious.

Decadans

Mar 30, 2018
How many animations are there in the game? Because of 2-3 animations, you do not want to download the game from the torrent for 72 hours. The torrent speed is 60 Kb.

pyro5857

Aug 10, 2017
Generic russian retard overly-ambitious project that will never be finished. The best part of the game is probably the dialogue. Laughed my ass off at the "professional" translation by that girl from the development team

Feb 21, 2018
Thoughts
i agree with DasKapitan about this. the content is very small in relation to the data size this has.
it has really poor English,a weird choice of needing to hold T,R and E to open doors. and sex scenes which play themselves without even letting the player decide when they want to advance...

Overall
i suppose this could be something worth while in the future. but as it is now i would not recommend it.

Holygun

Jul 29, 2018
hey guys i have some problem someone help me ?
download game and i opening with deamon tools and double click but game not work . Say: Couldnt start pls someone help me

ali.afshar

Sep 18, 2017
anyone knows how to run from the black mist? i ran behind the girl more than 20 times but every time the fucking mist (or fog) caught me. or maybe this is the end of demo version?

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote