VN Ren'Py Abandoned WhoreMoans [v0.40] [BSH Gaming]

3.40 star(s) 7 Votes

hyco2

Sep 15, 2017
so i'm assuming the developer is Irish or smth.
so this game might be great for irish people, but the use of local dialect every now and then has me confused.
snoging? i did'nt know what that was until they acted it out its kissing huh. olagonin'?
"Dia is Muire duit" i have no clue what that means
the list goes on.
most meanings i can derive from context but its still annoying to have to do that in an english game.

unless you don't know standard english, it might be better to use it. not every user is a native english speaker .
while everyone knows the word kiss only few know snog as an example.
Sir, I respectfully disagree. I feel you have a quite narrowminded and frankly offensive attitude there, and would like to inform you, that I for one quite enjoy the celtic touch. That game is not sterile and generic. Which is a good thing, in my opinion. And the use of the irish setting did a big part of keeping me interested.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I'm wondering how many folks got the "Infinity" College bit? Just about choked on my drink when I read that!

Edit: Was a tad surprised to see soccer instead of football!
Umm, could you elaborate? Besides the actual I got nuffin :coldsweat:

Reactions: BSH Gaming

BSH Gaming

Sarcastic Feck
Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Umm, could you elaborate? Besides the actual I got nuffin :coldsweat:
It exists?! No, it's not that one.

Trinity college, the university named after the holy trinity (i.e. one God). In the game everyone refers to Gods (i.e. infinite Gods)

It's a play on Christianity, making everyone in the game Pagans just for the sake of taking the piss.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Hah, that's somehing I missed totally. I mean, I know about what the holy trinity is, but being a "filthy non-religious scum" :winkytongue: never being baptized, read any religious books or ever being "educated" into being religious of any kind, I tend to miss such things that may be obvious or hilarious to someone with a religious upbringing.
I mean, I know about various religions and probably one of the largest parts of my theological knowledge is about christianity, but these pieces of information have various random sources from literature to TV, it's more like mythology in a popular science form to me. About the same as Gaelic mythology.

Thanks for explaining it to me! :biggrin:

BSH Gaming

Sarcastic Feck
Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
so i'm assuming the developer is Irish or smth.
so this game might be great for irish people, but the use of local dialect every now and then has me confused.
snoging? i did'nt know what that was until they acted it out its kissing huh. olagonin'?
"Dia is Muire duit" i have no clue what that means
the list goes on.
most meanings i can derive from context but its still annoying to have to do that in an english game.

unless you don't know standard english, it might be better to use it. not every user is a native english speaker .
while everyone knows the word kiss only few know snog as an example.
Snogging is standard English...

BSH Gaming

Sarcastic Feck
Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
What fetishes have I missed? What ones are must have and must not have? Opinions please :)

@Ronoc19 How's the form? What's your thought on the update, fella?

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
What fetishes have I missed? What ones are must have and must not have? Opinions please :)

@Ronoc19 How's the form? What's your thought on the update, fella?
I think the fetishes are right. The best of the game is the great humour and the unpredictable story, always want know what next. The lewd scenes add a big plus as long as they were equally unpredictable.

BSH Gaming

Sarcastic Feck
Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
I think the fetishes are right. The best of the game is the great humour and the unpredictable story, always want know what next. The lewd scenes add a big plus as long as they were equally unpredictable.
Thanks! The next instalment will play more like an interactive world. My Pat's (Big thanks to them, especially @Ronoc19 who's been around since the beginning; will be getting a demo soon) I've been posting pictures on my patreon of my new photoshops. I am tossing HS models for something I created. Might be shite... LOL

Reactions: UncleVT

BSH Gaming

Sarcastic Feck
Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Here's the question:
Should I focus on making photoshopped characters for the first game?

Or continue to create photoshopped characters for the second, leaving the hs characters in the first?

May 25, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 5103, in script
    Ga "We're going to have to take you in, and find your [ma]."
KeyError: u'ma'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "I:\Patreon\Patreon Test\WhoreMoans-v0.40-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 652, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "I:\Patreon\Patreon Test\WhoreMoans-v0.40-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1199, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "I:\Patreon\Patreon Test\WhoreMoans-v0.40-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1003, in __call__
    what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=translate))
  File "I:\Patreon\Patreon Test\WhoreMoans-v0.40-pc\renpy\character.py", line 985, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "I:\Patreon\Patreon Test\WhoreMoans-v0.40-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 242, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
WhoreMoans v0.40
Wed Aug 08 22:47:04 2018

BSH Gaming

Sarcastic Feck
Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "I:\Patreon\Patreon Test\WhoreMoans-v0.40-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 652, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "I:\Patreon\Patreon Test\WhoreMoans-v0.40-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1199, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "I:\Patreon\Patreon Test\WhoreMoans-v0.40-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1003, in __call__
    what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=translate))
  File "I:\Patreon\Patreon Test\WhoreMoans-v0.40-pc\renpy\character.py", line 985, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "I:\Patreon\Patreon Test\WhoreMoans-v0.40-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 242, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
WhoreMoans v0.40
Wed Aug 08 22:47:04 2018
Is this a new srart or did you use an old save?

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

BSH Gaming

Sarcastic Feck
Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
I have been posting photoshops on my patreon, I'm curious on your thoughts. Have a look and tell me your opinions.

3.40 star(s) 7 Votes