VN Ren'Py Abandoned WhoreMoans [v0.40] [BSH Gaming]

3.40 star(s) 7 Votes

BSH Gaming

Sarcastic Feck
Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Exactly why I skipped the game until a few weeks ago, too. The professor is an eyesore and mom isn't much better. Luckily, they're rarely on the screen. And the story and writing style totally makes you forget those walking-talking rendering artifacts.

BTW, I have no idea what Bhealach i bhfad ró means. Google Translate chokes on it and won't translate into any other language. XD
He's saying I went too far or It's too much. Those characters are only there for those that are into that style :)

BSH Gaming

Sarcastic Feck
Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
I'll keep in mind to make all Brigid scenes optional from now on or, if someone can get a poll made on the thread for a Brigid re-design I will gladly go along with it.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
...Irish Gaelic translator page...
o_O "Way too much!"
Oh, I'll do that next time, thanks! :)

I'll keep in mind to make all Brigid scenes optional from now on.
Oh please, no, you really shouldn't adjust your game by our tastes. Some other guys may like it. Do what you wanted to do from the beginning, keep to your guns.
It's what I always say to devs. I'm not one of them snowflakes who'll run away the second they find something that they don't happen to like. :biggrin:

Reactions: BSH Gaming

blahblah25

Respected User
Apr 19, 2018
Top o da mornin to ya!

Me appologies lad, I wa too drunk on guinness and guinness alone (because we only drink that...) dat I couldn get accross the oirishness I was tryin to convey.

It doesn help dat I just got in a pure savage brawl, good ting Patty (because it's spelled that way...) my boy was there to save me...

An furter more, I got caught in da eternal rain, but luckily I was rescued by me close personal relation Cillian Murphy (because everyone in Ireland obviously knows each other) and we got on a bus (that was late) and even tanked da bus driver on da way out... Luckily Cillian paid cause it costed tirty tree and a tird Euro and I cant afford dat.

dis was all before I had to stop and catch dat Leprechaun. silly tings dey are...

Sorry for all the excuses, but they're true.

Oh! I almost forgot the Irish part! Póg mo thóin! :)

Thanks to you the next instalment will be written like this, I hope you're satisfied.
Very much so ty for the entertainment and my apologies as well :)

Armorer

Oct 28, 2017
I think it's a fun little romp. I am eagerly awaiting the next round. Now I am hoping to see a couple of X-files knock offs in this.
As far a folks having problems translating the snippets of Gaelic in the 80s-90s if I recall correctly there was a band whose name was in Gaelic. It translated as "Up Yours" i think. It took a few years for the BBC to figure out what it meant.

BSH Gaming

Sarcastic Feck
Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
I think it's a fun little romp. I am eagerly awaiting the next round. Now I am hoping to see a couple of X-files knock offs in this.
As far a folks having problems translating the snippets of Gaelic in the 80s-90s if I recall correctly there was a band whose name was in Gaelic. It translated as "Up Yours" i think. It took a few years for the BBC to figure out what it meant.
The pogues?

Ronoc19

Mar 3, 2018
The Pogue Mo Hón's. Translates as Kiss My Arse. BBC banned them, so they changed it to just The Pogues.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
Well, I'm glad I waited until 0.25 before trying this: after week 1 I would have dropped the game like digested granola, but after week 2 a little something stuck.

The sense of humor is really not my speed, but I'm a little interested at least in how the mom sending assassins after her kids will be resolved and whatever careening turns the story will take next. Although I do have to say I got confused a few times - like I could have sworn the pink lady said she was a fairy, and the professor was called Dorolea or something for a minute.

Chill-E

May 7, 2018
Ok, so along with all the good comments i can add I love this game as well. I laughed and waited for the next weird thing to happen. I loved Erick "watch yo back man!" And the fairy like " what's a hashtag?" All of it (including the sland) cracks me up. Keep doing YOUR thing.

Ronoc19

Mar 3, 2018
As someone who loves this game, I sub to his patreon, to all those others here who find this game funny and fun to play, think of doing the same. Show your support, even if its like a €1 a month, its something.

Chill-E

May 7, 2018
Also let me add, I'm in favor of removing the delayed text. I find myself often back-scrolling just to check if I missed something. But again do what you want to do. Big Fan!

BSH Gaming

Sarcastic Feck
Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Delayed text is removed in the next update i noticed the same thing. The feedback is much appreciated everyone.

Reactions: UncleVT
3.40 star(s) 7 Votes