BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
Hey, Funfiction, may I ask if you have a way to search for fantasy clothes? There isn't really a category for them on any DAZ assets websites.

FunFiction

Game Developer
Jul 27, 2017
Many of you ask me how much time it takes to create a full animation.

I recently finished creating 5 animations.

Posing and animating the character for one animation can take a day or several days.

Each animation consists of about 120 pictures. The time needed to render such an animation is about 6 hours - if everything is fine. But very often, after rendering, errors appear that were not visible in rendering the raw preview . So now I have to fix it and render this animation again. It all takes more and more time . As you can see, creating a complete computer animation can take several days. And there is a dozen or so of animation in each episode. Now you can imagine how time consuming this work is .

I hope it answers your questions.

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
Many of you ask me how much time it takes to create a full animation.

I recently finished creating 5 animations.

Posing and animating the character for one animation can take a day or several days.

Each animation consists of about 120 pictures. The time needed to render such an animation is about 6 hours - if everything is fine. But very often, after rendering, errors appear that were not visible in rendering the raw preview . So now I have to fix it and render this animation again. It all takes more and more time . As you can see, creating a complete computer animation can take several days. And there is a dozen or so of animation in each episode. Now you can imagine how time consuming this work is .

I hope it answers your questions.
Oh wow, never thought I'd find such details about production here. May I ask you a few more questions? How do you pose the characters? Do you use the default dials in Daz? Or ActivePose? Or the Translate tool? They all feel very counterintuitive for me.

About your animations, 120 pictures in 6 hours. That's 3 minutes per render. Wouldn't that be insufficient to produce quality renders? If I only use 3 minutes for my renders, they would be extremely noisy, and while a denoiser would help, it would look very smeared. But your renders don't seem to have such a problem.

Your scenes are also quite big. How often do you get to fit them in your VRAM after optimisation to be rendered by the GPU?

Last edited:

FunFiction

Game Developer
Jul 27, 2017
How do you pose the characters?
Mostly I start with some previously made pose and modify it.
Do you use the default dials in Daz? Or ActivePose? Or the Translate tool? They all feel very counterintuitive for me.
Default dials

About your animations, 120 pictures in 6 hours. That's 3 minutes per render. Wouldn't that be insufficient to produce quality renders? If I only use 3 minutes for my renders, they would be extremely noisy, and while a denoiser would help, it would look very smeared. But your renders don't seem to have such a problem.
Cheat - hide non visible in scene elements ordelete them. Or create render of the background and put it as plain with this image set as a background.
Your scenes are also quite big. How often do you get to fit them in your VRAM after optimisation to be rendered by the GPU?
Everytime when I create scene with more than 3 characters (Genesis 8)
I just rener image several times and switch off and on some elements for those renders. And I merge them in PS

Reactions: BiggestDickest

FunFiction

Game Developer
Jul 27, 2017
We just finished Jon's Snow episode and now I see that in the news:

HBO is in early development on a series that would follow the ongoing adventures of Jon Snow. In success, Kit Harington would reprise his role as the onetime would-be Iron Throne heir.

What do you think about it ?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mormont

iamblob420

Jun 20, 2021

HBO is in early development on a series that would follow the ongoing adventures of Jon Snow. In success, Kit Harington would reprise his role as the onetime would-be Iron Throne heir.

Imagine George RR Martin playing your game before finishing his last book.

akiostein

Aug 9, 2021
is there a walkthrough for season 1 ? which storyline continues to season 2? because the game ends when the father's head is cut off at season 1. and when I played season 2 the story line was a little different..

Last edited:

userfromitaly

Oct 25, 2020
you do not need to complete all the previous episode, just go for a save before killing ramsey and let him live, it will go from there

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018

Has to be a Jon Snow and Tormund double act while the wildling women remind Jon he knows nothing and Tormund can be the drunk in hope that he and Brienne meet up once again :LOL:

3.80 star(s) 30 Votes