Why do so many NTR authors suck at writing?

E_nigma

Jan 20, 2019
Lower standards. You aim for an intended result and don't really care how you get there. Not to mention, just a theory but they may not be trying their best (it is literally the most hated tag on this site and why do your best work on it if you know you don't have to). Look at a game like power vacuum and how the ntr aspect took a lot of focus from the main game because the folks into jacking it to nasty old men don't really care how stupid the scenario is or how any human being ever would in any way think the ntr antag is appealing except the target audience and they sort of hijacked the game with top level patronage. Don't get me wrong, good game and all but the large span where all there was was ntr content really makes you evaluate the whole project and makes issues more glaring. Th more you loka t it the more you realize, 10 chapters in and there is hardly any content between the mc and the main characters

Last edited:

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
A few weeks ago there was one where a man couldn't have children with his wife and his solution was to let his brother fuck his wife. Mind you he wasn't disabled or couldn't get it up, no he just was infertile.
The obvious solution would be to adopt or get an artificial insemination done in a hospital.
Not an option though... better let his brother rail his wife.
And that's just plain retarded³.
that's actually a thing. they do it because the relative has them family genes, so it's almost like your biological child. will look like you and have a lot of hereditary traits you'd have given your biological offspring if you weren't infertile.

of course there's usually not sex involved but instead artificial insemination or the cheap version of using a turkey baster at home.

Deleted member 3736450

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
There are developers who try their best but there are a lot more that simply use cookie cutter tactics to try and capitalize on making money.
Not sure what game you made so not sure it even fits in the category of bad. Often people tend to be their own worst critics. Mostly true for good authors. Bad authors on the other hand tend to never realize how crappy they are.
That makes sense though if you think about it. How many times have you heard the moron in the room think they are the smarter person. The actual smart person tends to realize how little they know in the scheme of things.
I'm glad I don't suffer from the Dunning-Kruger effect:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Diconica

Dromedari

Jan 10, 2018
Because you need to develop two elements very well:

-The relationship between the protagonist and his beloved, to the point that we really care about them.

-The relationship between the female lead and the "antagonist".

And that requires too much effort for the profits most developers hope to make. It is much easier to show a scene of the protagonist with a poor performance in sex and then show the antagonist with a giant cock. Of course the female lead must not have a brain.

Most NTR games don't make an effort to show a really believable context of their world either. It doesn't matter whether it takes place in a fantasy world or in a futuristic one, at the moment of truth it doesn't matter. In fact for a good NTR it is not even necessary that the antagonist was a bad person, it could simply be another side of the coin.

That's why I think that one of the games that can really become one of the best NTRs is Our Red String by Eva Kiss. It has elements that are not seen in many games:

- Credible and well-written characters. You really get to care about the fate of your protagonists.

- Consistent world, with problems that are too reminiscent of our world.

- Non-virgin protagonists. The two protagonists have a previous sexual past, with its multiple fetishes and experiences. Their decisions or lack of them are a consequence of the world they live in and the problems they have to face.

- There is a lot of constant build up if you decide to go the cheat route.

It's still in development, but it's really promising. An oasis in the middle of the desert. But the problem is the same, it is a game that is cooked over low heat and although the reward can be great, not many people are willing to invest that time.

Deleted member 3736450

Game Developer
May 25, 2021

-The relationship between the protagonist and his beloved, to the point that we really care about them.

And that requires too much effort for the profits most developers hope to make. It is much easier to show a scene of the protagonist with a poor performance in sex and then show the antagonist with a giant cock. Of course the female lead must not have a brain.

Most NTR games don't make an effort to show a really believable context of their world either. It doesn't matter whether it takes place in a fantasy world or in a futuristic one, at the moment of truth it doesn't matter. In fact for a good NTR it is not even necessary that the antagonist was a bad person, it could simply be another side of the coin.

That's why I think that one of the games that can really become one of the best NTRs is Our Red String by Eva Kiss. It has elements that are not seen in many games:

- Credible and well-written characters. You really get to care about the fate of your protagonists.

- Non-virgin protagonists. The two protagonists have a previous sexual past, with its multiple fetishes and experiences. Their decisions or lack of them are a consequence of the world they live in and the problems they have to face.

It's still in development, but it's really promising. An oasis in the middle of the desert. But the problem is the same, it is a game that is cooked over low heat and although the reward can be great, not many people are willing to invest that time.
I am definitely going to check out that game and see what I can learn so I can apply it to my game. Thanks!!

P.S. I just realized it is the same developer as Good girl Gone Bad. That game was great! Now I really gotta check out this game

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020

I'm not that sure it requires the greatest amount of effort.
As I pointed out in my previous post the scenarios can fairly easily be created. If you mixed those combinations I gave you have the base for thousands.
As we know it isn't that hard these days to generate the details and so on for filler to create the relationships and other stuff.

The point being how much work is it if you can have a program write most the story for you. At that point the largest amount of work is artwork. Given one of my current projects is developing a large scale character art generator that will go away in time as well.

In truth if someone wanted they could use image of different people and deep fake and create images of nearly every character type in every potential pose you might want for a game.

We don't need to go near that level of complexity to create game better than 99% of the current NTR games in existence.
We create a list of things like I did before. We can select randomly from it.
We also create a list of male and female and sir names.
Back ground generator, location selection or generator.
Then event types and listings and selector. These would be event scenarios.
This could be stuff like how they met. What the first date was. Marriage, first child, second child...
These would be events leading up to the change and the cheating.

Then you create a list of events that could occur after the cheating such as catching them in bed, co worker informing you, confrontations, mental dialogs showing protagonists feelings, ...

It wouldn't be that difficult to create a game that has several thousand stories in it.

You could even let the player write some of the story by their own actions. Do they get married in a church, cathedral or save money and get married at the court house or beach or backyard.
The scenario that follows is basically identical you change out the name of who officiated the wedding the size of the people attending and the background image.

You can do the same thing with many scenes first kiss, first date, child birth, ...

You also don't need to play things in the same order.
Some scenes or events that happened before the change could be viewed through the protagonist looking back at his life trying to figure out where he what he did wrong or simply remembering what he like about her... Asking how it got to this.

In that case the game could start at the point of discovering the cheating going on.