Why is Man of The House so popular ?

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
The reasons I like it (and why I feel a lot of others do also) are:
- Decent renders
- Decent story/progression
- Regular and consistent updates
- A dev who communicates and engages with the community (not just those he's profiting from). It shows that he actually cares about the game/product instead of only caring about how much it's netting him a month.
- No DRM (Doesn't Really Matter? Definitely/Devisively Renamed Malware? Any others?) nonsense

Bi-weekly updates as opposed to monthly (or longer) updates keep the game more fresh in peoples minds too, so it's a lot harder to forget about it.

U

User_215882

The reasons I like it (and why I feel a lot of others do also) are:
- Decent renders
- Decent story/progression
- Regular and consistent updates
- A dev who communicates and engages with the community (not just those he's profiting from). It shows that he actually cares about the game/product instead of only caring about how much it's netting him a month.
- No DRM (Doesn't Really Matter? Definitely/Devisively Renamed Malware? Any others?) nonsense

Bi-weekly updates as opposed to monthly (or longer) updates keep the game more fresh in peoples minds too, so it's a lot harder to forget about it.
That's pretty much why a good chunk of people like it. If he was like Dark Silver this game would be nowhere near as popular as it is. I get that some people want to jump right into the sex, but having a build up can be worth it just as well. Just don't make the grind unbearable like you see with BB which doesn't have an ingame cheat.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
That's pretty much why a good chunk of people like it. If he was like Dark Silver this game would be nowhere near as popular as it is. I get that some people want to jump right into the sex, but having a build up can be worth it just as well. Just don't make the grind unbearable like you see with BB which doesn't have an ingame cheat.
Have you tried blaying MotH without the ingame cheat? Its exactly as bad if not worse than BB when it comes to the grind. The only thing I think it does better than BB is that it has a better method for making money. Still, everything is a repetitive grind if you don't have the cheats to fix that.

U

User_215882

Have you tried blaying MotH without the ingame cheat? Its exactly as bad if not worse than BB when it comes to the grind. The only thing I think it does better than BB is that it has a better method for making money. Still, everything is a repetitive grind if you don't have the cheats to fix that.
yes I have played without the cheats and its still better than BB. Its also a reason why the game is better than BB in that Faerin responded to the criticism and did something about it. Unlike BB which is further developed than MOTH, Faerin can always update the cheats to further reduce the grind should players want it. The game isnt perfect, but I like how responsive the dev is and the game can always improve. I strongly encourage people to be critical. Its how things get better.

Centrophy

Dec 2, 2017
yes I have played without the cheats and its still better than BB. Its also a reason why the game is better than BB in that Faerin responded to the criticism and did something about it. Unlike BB which is further developed than MOTH, Faerin can always update the cheats to further reduce the grind should players want it. The game isnt perfect, but I like how responsive the dev is and the game can always improve. I strongly encourage people to be critical. Its how things get better.
Just by having the milf scene attached and renders the money making scheme of MOTH is better than BB. The hidden cameras in BB are a whole lot of nothing that lead nowhere.

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
funny how i think the same way about big brother game and its fans but you seem to have a grudge and spouting nonsense that really no real person would say it is funny though how much you hate man of the house and its fan base and when you see this please try to defend what you said because the reality is i doubt you shouldnt even be on this site if you hate ones fanbase to that degree i mean i dont even think that harshly about people who enjoy dual family
You already ban me from replying, what can I say ? I still play the game though ... hoping Faerin back to idealist way.

But idk if it ever happen, since everybody praise him all the time, request and it will be create. And the fans kill who disagree. x'D I prefer strong developer who don't care about their fans and make the game as they want, so I get surprise content instead, for better or worse.

Just for note, some months ago, I'm asking moderator many times in discord to put MoTH in the popular list ... from reject it, till they will consider it, and finally put on the popular list. I love the game, I hate the fans, I doubt the Dev. :HeyGuys:

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
You already ban me from replying, what can I say ? I still play the game though ... hoping Faerin back to idealist way.

But idk if it ever happen, since everybody praise him all the time, request and it will be create. And the fans kill who disagree. x'D I prefer strong developer who don't care about their fans and make the game as they want, so I get surprise content instead, for better or worse.

Just for note, some months ago, I'm asking moderator many times in discord to put MoTH in the popular list ... from reject it, till they will consider it, and finally put on the popular list. I love the game, I hate the fans, I doubt the Dev. :HeyGuys:
if i banned you from replying then how am i able to see your replies want to prove some more that you are talking nonsense? and you really do have a certain grudge against MoTH and its fan bases you are kinda making feel bad whenever i go off on people liking Dual Family

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
if i banned you from replying then how am i able to see your replies want to prove some more that you are talking nonsense? and you really do have a certain grudge against MoTH and its fan bases you are kinda making feel bad whenever i go off on people liking Dual Family
Actually, you right about me having grudge with the dev.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Since then I'm shutting down to became "Fan" of all games. The impact of that 'betrayal', make me enact my own policy in F95. That "All Dev are shady & shitty before final release.". ... Now I'm pretty easy with all games, but still, when someone discuss MoTH, I always agitated. x'D

King Monkey Mon

May 16, 2017

Since then I'm shutting down to became "Fan" of all games. The impact of that 'betrayal', make me enact my own policy in F95. That "All Dev are shady & shitty before final release.". ... Now I'm pretty easy with all games, but still, when someone discuss MoTH, I always agitated. x'D
"At first was to 'forgive' him and ask him to redo the scene" thats all i needed to know to tell how much of a spoiled insane person you are

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
"At first was to 'forgive' him and ask him to redo the scene" thats all i needed to know to tell how much of a spoiled insane person you are
Are you joking or serious ? ... since I don't really quite catch your intention from the first reply till now.

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017

I disagree about Faerin selling out to his patreons really. In my opinion he has a clear plan and direction in mind for his game, but he's somewhat flexible on the order in which they are to be added. He isn't going to sacrifice everything else and let the patreons dictate everything, but suggestions/feedback can sometimes lead to new ideas.

I do agree that there is a lot of pointless chatter/spam/licking each others arses in the thread.
Examples being:
- Somebody posts a walkthrough and then spams it again and again for the next few pages
- Somebody posts an image from Faerin's patreon and then follows up with multiple posts essentially tagging people saying something like "hey, I posted a new image. Have you seen it? Look at it. Praise me"
- Or just some totally weird and unrelated ego stroking or whatever

Essentially like you said, there is a lot of "like" fishing and trading. I don't really care about that, but the pointless/spam posts are a bit much.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
I disagree about Faerin selling out to his patreons really. In my opinion he has a clear plan and direction in mind for his game, but he's somewhat flexible on the order in which they are to be added. He isn't going to sacrifice everything else and let the patreons dictate everything, but suggestions/feedback can sometimes lead to new ideas.
Yea, I think he has a good balance of involving his Patrons without letting them take over. He'll do polls about which character to focus on in a new update, for example, but there's usually still new content for all the characters and he'll introduce new characters as well without sacrificing forward progress with at least one of three mains (mom and sisters).

I do agree that there is a lot of pointless chatter/spam/licking each others arses in the thread.
You forgot to mention two pages of people saying good morning to each other every 10th page or so. :rolleyes: I mean, it's great to see happy, healthy threads full of nice people, but Jesus the posters there make it pretty damn impossible to find useful information.

Reactions: spooge_nugget

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
I disagree...
Yeah ... that's why I only doubting the dev's planning, not reach hate level, yet. Also still following the game. In case the game turn out to be good in the end, I would be glad to admit my defeat and refresh my trust toward Faerin. But without someone criticizing his game, I'm afraid no control of his quality. That sex scene was similar to other games that so bad. I don't want MoTH quality to drop like that game. My Little Princess [Final] [Perv2k16] is the example how bad a game can be.

King Monkey Mon

May 16, 2017
Are you joking or serious ? ... since I don't really quite catch your intention from the first reply till now.
oh im dead serious you seem like a spoiled brat who when you dont get what you want you throw a fit and by the reason that you gave why you dislike moth and its fanbase it just prove why you are that way

its funny its like saying people who like give compliments to dreams and desire game are trash because they never find anything wrong with his work which in both situations is untrue

the fans want more content with the side characters yet faerin works mainly on the main characters so your reasons "that moth fans worship the dev like his zeus when they receive a sex scene" has been debunked

King Monkey Mon

May 16, 2017
Yea, I think he has a good balance of involving his Patrons without letting them take over. He'll do polls about which character to focus on in a new update, for example, but there's usually still new content for all the characters and he'll introduce new characters as well without sacrificing forward progress with at least one of three mains (mom and sisters).

You forgot to mention two pages of people saying good morning to each other every 10th page or so. :rolleyes: I mean, it's great to see happy, healthy threads full of nice people, but Jesus the posters there make it pretty damn impossible to find useful information.
the people in the threads are pretty nice when they give information on what do in the game

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Heh, it was like how a few months ago you couldn't go into a thread here without the same four assholes spamming every topic with stupid reaction gifs and shit that were tired a decade ago, so every topic would have 6 new pages in ten minutese of these jackasses just spamming HOT MEMEZ and liking each other's shit.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
the people in the threads are pretty nice when they give information on what do in the game
Oh very much so! I probably sounded more like a jerk than I meant to, so I should say that Carlos is probably the most earnestly friendly and authentically nicest person I've seen on the internet. Ever. And questions do get answered by friendly, positive folks without the usual "didn't you see where your question was answered three posts earlier, dumbass?" responses we often see. Haha but that might be because there are 10 pages of random comments to sift through in between, so everyone there is patient with people who ask repeated questions, because no one can blame them for not finding the information in the thread :).

Reactions: User #19006

King Monkey Mon

May 16, 2017
Oh very much so! I probably sounded more like a jerk than I meant to, so I should say that Carlos is probably the most earnestly friendly and authentically nicest person I've seen on the internet. Ever. And questions do get answered by friendly, positive folks without the usual "didn't you see where your question was answered three posts earlier, dumbass?" responses we often see. Haha but that might be because there are 10 pages of random comments to sift through in between, so everyone there is patient with people who ask repeated questions, because no one can blame them for not finding the information in the thread :).
yeah that might have to do with me being friends with a bunch of people there and we tend to get off topic alot