Xypher

May 1, 2017
I'm wondering, is the old game still worth playing while waiting for the next update?

Also, will the next update in the future will be introduced with choosing the good or dark route content? or is it still a long way to go from appearing?

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
I'm wondering, is the old game still worth playing while waiting for the next update?

Also, will the next update in the future will be introduced with choosing the good or dark route content? or is it still a long way to go from appearing?
The old game was awesome, content heavy and should absolutely be worth a play. I only stopped playing it because a year or so ago its seemed it was one absolute overhaul of his game after another and decided i was done coming back and learning from scratch every new mechanic he would bring to the table till he finally settled and was happy just to keep to creating content for the game vs overhauling it... then he went and made a full on revamp here (im honestly not surprised lol).

Ive not played this version and wont for the same above reasons (if it seems hes finally doing updates just to add content vs change mechanics of the game etc ill hop on) but im pretty certain if your happy with what youve seen in this version you will really like the older version too. Perhaps more given some of the overhauled models for the girls have not been everyones flavour of the month and certain girls it would seem from comments have still to be added which were in the older version so that could at least give you a happy tease of more of whats to come in this revamped version (im gonna assume its gonna try and add the old conntent on the new version with revamped storylines and looks but largely retain the same cast).

Someone

Jun 3, 2017
The screenshots are very alluring.
I'm totally putting this in my "need to play" list.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
The old game was awesome, content heavy and should absolutely be worth a play. I only stopped playing it because a year or so ago its seemed it was one absolute overhaul of his game after another and decided i was done coming back and learning from scratch every new mechanic he would bring to the table till he finally settled and was happy just to keep to creating content for the game vs overhauling it... then he went and made a full on revamp here (im honestly not surprised lol).

Ive not played this version and wont for the same above reasons (if it seems hes finally doing updates just to add content vs change mechanics of the game etc ill hop on) but im pretty certain if your happy with what youve seen in this version you will really like the older version too. Perhaps more given some of the overhauled models for the girls have not been everyones flavour of the month and certain girls it would seem from comments have still to be added which were in the older version so that could at least give you a happy tease of more of whats to come in this revamped version (im gonna assume its gonna try and add the old conntent on the new version with revamped storylines and looks but largely retain the same cast).
That's a normal development cycle of the game with gameplay. Interactive night services, management UI, and all the other mechanics did not come out of thin air. I never claimed WR is only linear text+pictures VN.
That's why I'm working with a writer right now. To reduce workload and improve quality because these types of games take twice or more time to make than simple VN.

Last edited:

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
That's a normal development cycle of the game with gameplay. Interactive night services, management UI, and all the other mechanics did not come out of thin air. I never claimed WR is only linear text+pictures VN.
Nor did i ever present that to be the case. You dont have to take it personally but like i said you would wholesale change mechanics so i stepped back till you found something you were happy enough to run with (otherwise why else would i be keeping an eye on developments). It wasnt a slight but a statement of fact on where i stood with the game - nothing more, nothing less.

kajikaizoku

Mar 13, 2018
I need a cheat for money or something, I trained my 2 girls a decent bit (all moves 60%+ and B in all stats) but i cant keep my head above the water, it seems like customers don't show up which puts me further in debt which then tanks my reputation even further. I can go through an entire shift and see maybe 1-2 customer which constantly keeps me in the red. I want to like this game, but the management portion is so frustrating to get back into the green hell even black (currently -3700+).

Reactions: HunterSeeker

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Nor did i ever present that to be the case. You don't have to take it personally but like i said you would wholesale change mechanics so i stepped back till you found something you were happy enough to run with (otherwise why else would i be keeping an eye on developments). It wasnt a slight but a statement of fact on where i stood with the game - nothing more, nothing less.
I'm not taking it personally, I just wanted to clarify. You say overhaul after overhaul, but his kind of development cycle was from the very beginning. I always was juggling between story content and mechanics which needed to be made for this kind of game.

I need a cheat for money or something, I trained my 2 girls a decent bit (all moves 60%+ and B in all stats) but I can't keep my head above the water, it seems like customers don't show up which puts me further in debt which then tanks my reputation even further. I can go through an entire shift and see maybe 1-2 customers which constantly keeps me in the red. I want to like this game, but the management portion is so frustrating to get back into the green hell even black (currently -3700+).
Your reputation is low, that's why customers do not show up. Although, I left a lot of leeways for easy play, but if it is too hard, just take a break as the game suggested. I still need to check how mechanics work/fix rough custumers and add content to get extra $ from the very beginning doing quests etc, plus you'll get extra oirans.
But entertainment rooms should've been making 800-1000 coins alone at the very beginning, not sure how you got in red.
You can share your experience about the grind challenges, I may tweak something accordingly.
Also, check helpful tips by opening office book. Maybe you missed something that ruined your reputation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skode

AriesBro

Jun 27, 2018
I don't know why but game is just flashing screens. Like the main screen has some stuff flashing. Even on the title screen the background justs flashes. On mac btw

dogadeniz

Jun 28, 2020
Honestly, I liked the first game more. It was more socially interactive. girls' education was more attractive. now it's stuck in a room. nothing more than open a window and make a selection and try the end of the day.

HunterSeeker

Engaged Member
May 13, 2017
My first suggestion I'd like to make is to add an option to make the text instant. Thank you. Also, looks like a lot of the NPC's still call you "Yaichi" even if you change your name.

Last edited:

Fatjoe698

Aug 28, 2018
I played through the available story content today and it was good, really enjoyed it and am looking forward to more. If I had one request it would be some sort of acknowledgement in dialouge if you go a certain amount of time without prostituting a girl. I want Yura to know that I took her up on her offer to just be my mistress XD

Reactions: Phunfoteno

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Thank you HunterSeeker for speaking my mind. I just tried playing this game a few minutes ago but even with the Message Speed setting on Fast, I couldn't believe I've come across another game with delayed text. Why is this even a thing?

The game looks very intriguing, but like every other game with non-instant text, it gets deleted until/if this gets corrected.

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
After playing this vertion I must say that i enjoyed it more than the previous. Everything seamed more polished and developed.

The combat is more engaging already this time around. Prehapse I would add a small tutorial window to explain the different gauge that fuel the skills. Oh! and also put the cooldown value besside the skill cost ( if it is already there, I missed it.)

I for one like the streamlineing of the management. Not having to go to each girls room to interact with every girl feel's great. I just read a comment saying the exact opposit and the first thing that come to my mind to reconsile the two is to change the background while navigating the menu to simulate going to a girl's room. I don't know how feasable that would be thoe as the last time I played with RPGM was... as a kid on a PS1 at a friend's house so.. not a reference.

The riting is realy nice and this is where my bigest piece of feedback is. Feedback is important for developers, at least a lott try to pass this mesage. So here I go, I might blable a bit (already am) but simply saying that their is fat that must be cutt seams insulting to the quality of the riting as it is rtealy good. At some point during the different dialog passes I found myself feeling a bit bored as thoe it had overstyed it's welcome. I found myself clicking a lot. maybe a few times to much or maybe it is the font that is sometime difficult to read for long stretches of time. Or prehaps it's the text not being instantly on the screen as someone else sugested. Or a game is not the usual medium used by your riter. Or the pace realy is too slow. There is something that does not feel right about the riting no mather how good it is. On the consumer side I am great at feeling things while experiencing your product but realy bad at comming up with sollutions, at least that is what a designer for a famous card game said when talking about his interaction with the players of the game on witch he works.

Bonus feedback: I would like to see a bit more developement on the character of the orians. They are sexworkers yes but it imples that they are workers and peoples too. I see a lot of coments of people that are uncompfortable with putting the ladys to work. You do what you want with your story but I see an opportunity to allow the players to meet such sex workers and prehaps get to know them and their work and help them be less ostracised from society. I see a bit of that in Nekomi at the start of the game in the way that she treats the orians. Well as a developper of a game with a big enphasis on sexuality, Fidless is also partly ostrasised (not as much but still). I just did a quick search for Fidless on patreon's creator search bar and it does not show up in the preliminary results.

Any ways I have gone on long enough thank you for having read me.

Reactions: maxx1233

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Honestly, I liked the first game more. It was more socially interactive. girls' education was more attractive. now it's stuck in a room. nothing more than open a window and make a selection and try the end of the day.
Now imagine going to every girls room to click a couple of buttons when eventually you'll have 8-12 oirans to manage at the time.

My first suggestion I'd like to make is to add an option to make the text instant.
The instant text was removed because it caused issues. I'll be looking into how to speed up all text speed options by 50% eventually.

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 40 Votes