Neo Nocturne

Aug 13, 2019
My thoughts on the current version of Wicked Rouge:

Currently, I feel this is shaping up to be an incredibly enjoying experience. The girls are rendered very well, animations as well. One gripe I have is some of the animations look crazy when sped up. There's no easy fix for this so lets move onto my next point.

Replaying the game is a chore. I've been following this game since its first release on f95, and have replayed the game several times. Once this patch as well because old saves do not work. As many others have said, training takes too long. Some solutions to this might be:
1. Include a skip that you can use in the middle of training. Of course, there will be a penalty. The exp gained should be equivalent to as if you played the game without interacting at all.
2. Allow a training multiplier that costs more action points. For example, multiply the EXP gain by 3x by using 3 action points.
3. A variation of the first solution: fast training. I envision this to be something like when you go to sleep, and you get renders of what the characters are up to, and get money/exp accordingly. Fast training would be a render of training the girls, and they get a small amount of experience.

These are just changes I believe can be made to speed up the training portion of the game. I also have other things I'd like to see changed about the training in general.
1. Training positions should be able to be chosen, instead of randomized. As I understand it, there are 3 animations for each girl for every type of training. However, it is random which one you get. Sometimes when your jacking it, you want to see a specific one, so having an option to choose would be nice.
2. If you wish to make the training not too stale, more systems such as the girls' moods can be implemented. For example, a girl could be more horny or more sensitive, and that would make certain types of training grant more experience.

I feel the current design of the training is made with replayability and a bit of realism in mind, thus the randomness. However it can be done with more player agency in mind, right now it feels a bit grindy as many have said. While not inherently a bad thing, a grind has to be enjoyable as well to succeed.

More options would be nice, as well as a replay/gallery feature. Currently, the gallery is composed of bonus renders. Nothing wrong with that, but it could be expanded. A player could also save right before they engage in those sexy events in order to replay them(which is what I did) but if they are saved in the gallery that would be just icing on the cake. Extra options I would like to see would be a way to skip transitions to make skipping faster.

Thanks for reading. Fidless, if you read this, please take it with a grain of salt. I still spent more time on Wicked Rouge than I'd like to admit, despite all the above.
Including a skip and a penalty... when you make every training a chore while not offering enough incentives, that's just a grinding with a harder punishment. Honestly, the mini-game is not challenging enough to make it worth replayable... and not skipping with a penalty... frankly, we have no problem playing the mini-game all over every time, but not the majority of the market. Understanding your target audience and refining the system accordingly help a lot. If I were to create a new mini-game for training, make it something like actual selecting training procedures, props used, pose used, where you will be touching or conversation choices, every accurate choice accordingly to the girl's preference//in-game character's sex technique will affect the outcome of the XP gain by certain percentage (stack up to 200% at max.); while skipping the training session (without a perfect training record) will give 100-120% XP; finally for players who have perfected the mini-game may skip the training session with a 140-190% XP. That will give lazy players the proper incentive to drive for perfection and casual players a proper amount if they insist on skipping the session. Sounds amazing on papers and probably very complicated in programming and coding, so ignore that if it is too complex to go there.

EXP gain seems like a good implementation, but there is already a system in-game for now in terms of gold. As for action point cost, increasing that makes it unlikely to train the other girls in early game (new players do not know how to utilize the action point efficiently; look at the number of players asking for a guide on financial management, designing a game with a very high bar on errors for an erotic game, that seems extra punishing). Perhaps implement that as a late game alternative.

The issue is not with the training time. There are 4 variables for stage performance while all training sessions take 1 day and only 1 variable shall increase. Drop 2 variables (or merge 2 as 1) will make it more reasonable and training time will be reduced effectively. (Inner beauty and appearance, two easy factors to manage, just for reference)

If you want to make training more interesting, increasing variables or giving choice of poses are great ideas. But remember, forcing a player to play strategically instead of training the girls as they please, that's not what some players might want. (Example, if I am making the sister a performer while the game offers me more EXP for prostitution instead...)

Other than those mentioned and one other member complaining not able to refrain the 2 main girls as lovers instead of sending out as prostitute, there are other finer details we can go in depth.

The building upgrade system is rather odd. Realistically, as a boss of the house, you don't need to go to shop yourself to buy ingredients bit by bit. Your minions should be handling those fine. That goes along with the food and wine supply. They should be a part of the expense, overlapping those seems redundant.

The current training system does not make it easier to manage all the girls fast. Also it makes assignment of duties complicated than most management games. Since there will only be one performer, just setup a slot and players can choose whoever responsible for the performance right there (I will skip out the prostitution management part; I assume someone else has a better plan in the foreseeable future).

With the current structure of the game and the story, I understand it is least likely for any players who are really in love with either of the sisters, can keep them from prostitution until mid to late game. Hopefully, new girls after Mei may get other better options (I know how the majority prefers harem, but having the option there for those desperate kids seems fine).

I haven't played anything related to combat and fighting yet, so I will come back to suggest more on that later.

dacen

Aug 22, 2017
So it's working properly now?
It's happened because of the command previously used to display animated busts. I disabled one of the features, so the command is ignored now (it should at least, hard to say. I can't replicate this bug, works fine).
It shouldn't cause such problems anymore.
I mean i played the game for the first time 2 days ago(the 0.3.3patch). After 2 hours of playing i had the issue. After training 2 times in a row in the dojo i insta try to click location,but hit the person in the middle. May i act to fast,and the game couldnt react insta(i dont have an ssd)
But i cant reproduce it,so maybe it was a 1 time bug.
Keep the hard work up,i like it!

Monkey Boy

Jun 15, 2017
In the tips given by the creator, it says to upgrade the training dojo to Level 2. I can't get it to not say Invalid. How do I unlock the training dojo?

wewhehe123

Jan 23, 2018
I still didnt understand what each stat the girls have actually does, as i see the only one that important is the "night service" stat
Im still new tho, still at 17th day
Can anyone enlighten me?

orcagaming

Jun 15, 2018
I am playing this for first time, and I am impressed. It's a great game. But for some reason the food and drink stock button is not working for me. This is the first time I went to that screen and trying to restock food before anything else, could that be the problem?

Monkey Boy

Jun 15, 2017
I still didnt understand what each stat the girls have actually does, as i see the only one that important is the "night service" stat
Im still new tho, still at 17th day
Can anyone enlighten me?
I know that an A-Rank in Fetishism is needed to do Erotic Performances when you have the Stage (as of this posting, the current build doesn't have Erotic Performances implemented, I only know that it's no longer unselectable once the A-Rank in Fetishism is achieved by the girl). As for the rest, they seem to increase the money made by the courtesan when performing courtesan duties. They may be needed for certain requests/quests/tasks... but I'm only on Day 32, so that stuff hasn't come up yet.

I am playing this for first time, and I am impressed. It's a great game. But for some reason the food and drink stock button is not working for me. This is the first time I went to that screen and trying to restock food before anything else, could that be the problem?
You restock the food and drink by buying it at the General Store first, then going back to management and pressing the button while the food and drink are in your inventory.

I'm still wondering how to get the Training Dojo to be available. Is it at a later day (I'm on Day 32) in the story, or am I not doing something I need to do?

EDIT: After playing some more, I got to Day 35, and that's when the Training Dojo was opened to me. However, when I got to Day 60, I had the same issue Tanikaze had:

I played till day 60. But Tojo koneko who demanding payment it's never come...

So i always left 15.000 coin in my pocket for her
I also chose Wanderer as he did, if that makes a difference.

Last edited:

themagiman1

Mar 22, 2018
There is no event after day 60 in this build, that's why the flag for completing the quest is disabled. Usually in this case you make a save before day 60 in order to complete the quest when a new build is released. It would be better if there was a more elegant solution, but that's what we have for now.

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017
I know that an A-Rank in Fetishism is needed to do Erotic Performances when you have the Stage (as of this posting, the current build doesn't have Erotic Performances implemented, I only know that it's no longer unselectable once the A-Rank in Fetishism is achieved by the girl). As for the rest, they seem to increase the money made by the courtesan when performing courtesan duties. They may be needed for certain requests/quests/tasks... but I'm only on Day 32, so that stuff hasn't come up yet.

You restock the food and drink by buying it at the General Store first, then going back to management and pressing the button while the food and drink are in your inventory.

I'm still wondering how to get the Training Dojo to be available. Is it at a later day (I'm on Day 32) in the story, or am I not doing something I need to do?

EDIT: After playing some more, I got to Day 35, and that's when the Training Dojo was opened to me. However, when I got to Day 60, I had the same issue Tanikaze had:

I also chose Wanderer as he did, if that makes a difference.
Same here I am on day 90 and she never shows up for cash is it a bug or an i suposed to keep waiting allso the 30 days she gave me never drops at day 90 still says 30 day count down and at day 90 still says i have 30 days left

Last edited:

Harem_Master

Oct 8, 2019
Same here I am on day 90 and she never shows up for cash is it a bug or an i suposed to keep waiting allso the 30 days she gave me never drops at day 90 still says 30 day count down and at day 90 still says i have 30 days left
Before the current update, I played through until I finished all the quests except for the revenge part. After paying off my first loan on Day 60, there wasn't much else to do until this version and I was warned that I would have to start a new game so I stopped there. As of this version (3.3), I'm on Day 54 and at 7th fighting level with my team at lvl 3. Looking forward to the next update which I hope will focus on the relationships and skills with the girls. I've gotten my fill of fighting for now and wonder if a choice I made won't backfire sooner or later... :unsure:

For the curious, Fudeyo has been my stage performer since her General Skills are the best and all of my ladies are Night Service-A, & Fetish-B.

"Work it Girls!!!" :giggle:

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017
Before the current update, I played through until I finished all the quests except for the revenge part. After paying off my first loan on Day 60, there wasn't much else to do until this version and I was warned that I would have to start a new game so I stopped there. As of this version (3.3), I'm on Day 54 and at 7th fighting level with my team at lvl 3. Looking forward to the next update which I hope will focus on the relationships and skills with the girls. I've gotten my fill of fighting for now and wonder if a choice I made won't backfire sooner or later... :unsure:

For the curious, Fudeyo has been my stage performer since her General Skills are the best and all of my ladies are Night Service-A, & Fetish-B.

"Work it Girls!!!" :giggle:
I am at day 90 still not able to pay back loan she never shows up I have the cash lvl 10 in combat and still stuck unable to continue was useing wonderer going to try ronon and see is thats blocked as well

fedest88

Jul 1, 2018
Hi Guys unfortunately something happend on my save and i cannot go further than this… maybe someone can help? Untitled.png

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
You're playing 0.3.2 probably and pressed on dojo upgrade when it was lvl 3?
I posted a temporary fix on a page or two back.

The paying 12k quest is currently disabled, that's why it's stuck at day 30. I'll add a notice next time for such an occasion.

can someone guide me i always end up bankcraft
You can try playing with pedler. You start with extra money and lower shop prices.

Some tips
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Canto Forte
4.40 star(s) 56 Votes