Cheat Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Wife Trainer Files - Cheat Mod [1.0.0.2] [Semeicardia]

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Is there any breakdown available for what the values needed to set up different situations, like the ones discussed in this and your previous post? Or is most people's knowledge just from experience? Similarly, is there any summary of the content for minor characters?
For some of the more advanced players, using my mod / the console and looking at the code. For a majority, probably from experience.

The closest thing to a summary of content is currently my character state spreadsheet, which covers all characters that can attain different states (there are different tabs, one for clients and one for minor characters). I am however focusing primarily on the wiki currently and as part of that I am properly cataloging content for all characters, though public (or even Patreon) access is still quite a while off, sadly.

GenericScreenName

Feb 10, 2020
Great Moana reference there. :p

But seriously, I think I'm doing something wrong. I'm trying to get all the trainer types in one playthrough and having problems. I started with Hypnotist and then immediately used Cheatomatic -> Player -> Trainer Types -> [Type] -> Add. The log on the left stated they were added. However, when Ivy is introduced for her first session, and I tried to Discipline her, it said I had to be "naturally dominant" or other conditions.

I did some more testing: Reversing the process and starting with Natural Dom and adding others (or even just Hypnotist) does not result in Hypnosis as an interaction option. Nor did they appear on Bree and Rae. Then, I thought it might have had something to do with when those tags are added, and tried waiting until after Ivy's first visit and entering Downtown to add the tags. Still no Hypno option on the store clerks. Out of curiosity, I ended the day before trying anything to see if a day reset was required, but still no dice. And then waited until the next Monday, after the first weekend visit, to see if contacting Ivy for her second session would show the additional options. Still haven't activated. So I'm at a loss!

I could be... y'know, regular and play the game as intended, with only one trainer type at a time, but that seems like it's not the point. ;) So any advice would be appreciated!

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Great Moana reference there. :p

But seriously, I think I'm doing something wrong. I'm trying to get all the trainer types in one playthrough and having problems. I started with Hypnotist and then immediately used Cheatomatic -> Player -> Trainer Types -> [Type] -> Add. The log on the left stated they were added. However, when Ivy is introduced for her first session, and I tried to Discipline her, it said I had to be "naturally dominant" or other conditions.

I did some more testing: Reversing the process and starting with Natural Dom and adding others (or even just Hypnotist) does not result in Hypnosis as an interaction option. Nor did they appear on Bree and Rae. Then, I thought it might have had something to do with when those tags are added, and tried waiting until after Ivy's first visit and entering Downtown to add the tags. Still no Hypno option on the store clerks. Out of curiosity, I ended the day before trying anything to see if a day reset was required, but still no dice. And then waited until the next Monday, after the first weekend visit, to see if contacting Ivy for her second session would show the additional options. Still haven't activated. So I'm at a loss!

I could be... y'know, regular and play the game as intended, with only one trainer type at a time, but that seems like it's not the point. ;) So any advice would be appreciated!
Steps I took to reproduce:
1. Start a new game in Wife Trainer Files v0.7n with Cheatomatic v.1.0.0.0 enabled.
2. Chose hypnotist.
3. Use the renpy console to use "player.has_tag('dominant')"
Returned False.
4. Use cheatomatic mod -> Player -> Trainer Types -> Dominant -> Add.
5. Use the renpy console to use "player.has_tag('dominant')"
Returned True, which means that the player is now both the hypnotist and the natural dom.
6. Checked Ivy. Ivy -> Discipline Her
Game asks if I wanted to go to the dungeon (it asks this regardless of player type)
7. Select 'yes'
8. The scene plays out exactly as if I was the Natural Dom.

As such, I can confirm that my cheatomatic mod works as intended without issues. I have no reason to believe the other trainer types would have any issues either.

If you continue having issues with the, I might suggest my trainer type mod "Cheater", which adds a trainer type called "Cheater" that has access to ALL the content and has boosted bonuses compared to the regular trainer types (A Natural Dom gets 10 temporary bonus submission for submission checks, my Cheater gets 300 bonus submission for submission checks). It also comes with a lot of starting money and more max energy. It futher also gives you access to gain Bethany the Banker as a whore without having any prior whores which would normally be required and ability interact with Kitty the pet store clerk as if you had a puppygirl / petgirl without actually having one.

Also do note that while my cheatomatic mod allows you to get the content from the other player types, it does not give you the bonuses (see related stat, temporary related stat bonus and related stat bonus gains). Seeing the stats could be added in, but my trainer type mod gives you all the bonuses (including seeing all the stats) and works together with cheatomatic, so I would advise just to use both of those mods.

Last edited:

GenericScreenName

Feb 10, 2020
Appreciate the quick advice! I saw the Cheater type mod and wanted to avoid it because I wanted to play with all the tags but not the bonuses and extra stats boosted to those levels. So, in a fit of annoyance, I did a complete fresh reinstall of both the game and the mods I use (including deleting the WifeTrainer files from my RenPy folder) as well as the developer console unlocker so I could poke at it more and it... worked perfectly. This means I have literally no idea what was causing the earlier issue (besides some superstitious guesswork) but, on the plus side, I'm no longer experiencing the issue. Fun times. Thanks for the mods and, again, the quick reply!

Reactions: Semeicardia

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Appreciate the quick advice! I saw the Cheater type mod and wanted to avoid it because I wanted to play with all the tags but not the bonuses and extra stats boosted to those levels. So, in a fit of annoyance, I did a complete fresh reinstall of both the game and the mods I use (including deleting the WifeTrainer files from my RenPy folder) as well as the developer console unlocker so I could poke at it more and it... worked perfectly. This means I have literally no idea what was causing the earlier issue (besides some superstitious guesswork) but, on the plus side, I'm no longer experiencing the issue. Fun times. Thanks for the mods and, again, the quick reply!
I am glad you are no longer experiencing your issues, so what can I say except "You're Welcome"? :whistle:

Reactions: CourDeLion

ubblesnop

Sep 1, 2018
Do you mean exclusively when using my mod or in general?
When you say transparent do you mean without color or do you mean see-through?
Hmm, I’d been thinking of doing it using your mod, but I suppose it could be achieved independently.

Whenever I install a renpy game, I add a transparent text box mod that someone created. The text is whitish with a dark outline, and the box around it is invisible. I prefer it so much over the inbuilt one.

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Hmm, I’d been thinking of doing it using your mod, but I suppose it could be achieved independently.

Whenever I install a renpy game, I add a transparent text box mod that someone created. The text is whitish with a dark outline, and the box around it is invisible. I prefer it so much over the inbuilt one.
While I generally try to implement everything requested feature when possible, and this certainly is possible, it seems a bit much to update the mod for a single non-functional request that only one person has requested.

If it gets requested by a decent amount of other people, it is certainly something I will consider implementing in the next update (when the base game gets updated, probably within the next few weeks).

ubblesnop

Sep 1, 2018
I used an extremely crude method to make the box transparent, and I think it is a VAST improvement. I think something like this should be implemented, either in the core game or in the mod.
wt Capture.JPG

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
I used an extremely crude method to make the box transparent, and I think it is a VAST improvement. I think something like this should be implemented, either in the core game or in the mod.
View attachment 1452252
My mod uses the core game's layout and theme and I have no intention of changing this.
I will bring your suggestion to the team, but there is no guarantees that it will be implemented in the core game.

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Just updated the mod to version 1.0.0.1.
Next week my Patreons will get an update with Cheat Options for Alexis and will also feature Daisy.

Reactions: briggie