VikingCrawler

Donor
May 18, 2018
Hm, I get an error when I try to talk to her about that.... Anybody know if there’s a fix?
Yeah, there is one over on the Discord. Open the game and you will see a Discord option. Click on it and you will get an invite to the channel.

Then over on the left you will see a fixed_files channel. There is a jasmine.rpy there. You need to download it and put it here.
WifeTrainerFiles-0.7f-pc\game\modules\00core\clients\jasmine

The next release has fixed a good chunk of bugs, but there was also a good chunk of backend changes.
If you have any problems replacing the original rpy then let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions: ubblesnop

VikingCrawler

Donor
May 18, 2018
Moving it to RenPy has not really helped. It is still very static.
Ren'Py is a lot easier to write scenes and code for. I did some converting from RAGS, and you can get a lot more detailed with what you want in Ren'Py than in RAGS.

Right now, some changes are being made to complete the conversion from RAGS. While some things are being added and adjusted. Once everything settles down, then that is when there should be an increase in game content.

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
Ren'Py is a lot easier to write scenes and code for. I did some converting from RAGS, and you can get a lot more detailed with what you want in Ren'Py than in RAGS.

Right now, some changes are being made to complete the conversion from RAGS. While some things are being added and adjusted. Once everything settles down, then that is when there should be an increase in game content.
Thanks for the reply. I would just remark why use photo's? A more VN approach would really help.
I would scrap the left hand column as in RenPy it is has little use.
A more dynamic interface would make it far more interesting.

Reactions: VikingCrawler

VikingCrawler

Donor
May 18, 2018
Thanks for the reply. I would just remark why use photo's? A more VN approach would really help.
I would scrap the left hand column as in RenPy it is has little use.
A more dynamic interface would make it far more interesting.
Vrijgeest
You're welcome for the reply.

This isn't my game, but Wife Trainer's game. I just help work on it and point out as many bugs as I can. This playtest version wasn't supposed to be leaked to the public, but this site is good for that. The team just decided to go with it and start really backing the Ren'Py version.

If you want to suggest any changes, there is an option to do that over on the Discord. That is the easiest place to reach WT. I think there may even be a suggestions channel, but if that one isn't there, then there is the general channel and the questions channel.

Yeah, you should have the option to turn off the left-hand column. I believe it is used to keep track of what you are doing. You can also set in the preferences the option to have the pop-up messages appear on the left when you receive one.

Right now, the game is in the conversion process. It is being adjusted and reworked. Since it had been leaked, and the general public got access to the Ren'Py version, the time frame for many of those adjustments went on the back burner to try and keep up with bugs and to make it stable.

The more suggestions that people can come up with and the more bugs that can be found the better the game will be. It will just take time as there aren't many people working on the game and it is a free game. It is almost like a serious hobby.

Last edited:

VikingCrawler

Donor
May 18, 2018
Vrijgeest

I also believe that there could be a change to a VN style, but that is up to WT. Once everything settles and the real work can begin, then there will be time to make changes like this.

Reactions: Vrijgeest

VikingCrawler

Donor
May 18, 2018
For anyone who is having a difficult time with energy, but wants to play the base game as is. What you can do is go to the Sundollars coffee shop and buy coffee. It does cost 10, but it replenishes 10 energy. As long as you have the money you can raise your energy level by 10 up to its max which is 100.

For those who want to experience the game without having to worry about energy you can adjust it via the console.
When you adjust the energy you want to use player.energy = ### and player.max_energy = ###
Just replace the ### with the number that you want.

If you don't adjust both at the same time then when the week or day ends your energy will reset to the max. It will reset it to the original max energy which is 100.

Note: Editing the energy shouldn't cause any issues, but raising it too high can alter the experience that you will get from the game.

andrzejek12

Mar 14, 2018
For anyone who is having a difficult time with energy, but wants to play the base game as is. What you can do is go to the Sundollars coffee shop and buy coffee. It does cost 10, but it replenishes 10 energy. As long as you have the money you can raise your energy level by 10 up to its max which is 100.

For those who want to experience the game without having to worry about energy you can adjust it via the console.
When you adjust the energy you want to use player.energy = ### and player.max_energy = ###
Just replace the ### with the number that you want.

If you don't adjust both at the same time then when the week or day ends your energy will reset to the max. It will reset it to the original max energy which is 100.

Note: Editing the energy shouldn't cause any issues, but raising it too high can alter the experience that you will get from the game.
When the new update?

VikingCrawler

Donor
May 18, 2018
When the new update?
There are some backend changes being made and they have to be tested to make sure they don't completely break everything. Ask that question over on the Questions channel on the Discord. It should be pretty soon, but that is up to WT. I know that the art also needs a slight adjustment and that is mostly WT. The easiest way to ask them is to ask over on the Discord.

Last edited:
Reactions: ubblesnop

VikingCrawler

Donor
May 18, 2018
where is the normal RAG version¿? link please TY
tyler2187
On the first page, you will see the links to the 0.6c RAGS version. Note: Right now the game if being converted from RAGS to Ren'Py. The RAGS version of the game is being replaced by the Ren'Py version of the game. As of now, the RAGS version isn't being worked on. But, if you want to experience how the game was played originally, then play the RAGS version.

The reason for the change of engine is due to the fact that Ren'Py is easier to write and code for than RAGS.

Last edited:

VikingCrawler

Donor
May 18, 2018
VikingCrawler
Is WT gonna abandon the RAGS version after all? Last time I heard, it was "just" on indefinite hiatus, till the Ren'Py version is running properly.
Suryujin
As of right now, I believe that it is on an indefinite hiatus. WT might work on it again, but right now, the Ren'Py version is the main priority. I am not saying that WT doesn't want to try to continue the RAGS version, but I'm not sure if that is in the foreseeable future.

Edit: You could ask WT over on the Discord if the RAGS version is going to be worked on some more or if it is no longer going to be worked on. If you want, you could ask on the Questions channel.

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
Spazz05 VikingCrawler
Sounds good. That way WT's attention won't get split between the two or even completely taken away from the Ren'Py version, allowing for better/faster updates.

Also, as WT said, there's not much sense in going back to the old engine any more. Even beyond platform support, Ren'Py has (much easier) mod support and people can add content to the base game. Particularly once the conversion of the old content is finished, and the "team" can concentrate on adding/expanding/reworking content and features like mod support. Also, from my own experiences, it's easier to work with, too.

The fact that more people are likely to be able to work with Ren'Py (Python) than Rags, is also helping. Don't get me started on modding No Haven for example, Semeicardia and Frank N. Stein are serious miracle workers.

If I'm right, Rags is dying and not really receiving support/updates anymore either. Coupled with the trouble unlocking the "full" version, without crack that is, has... become troublesome. I'm rather sure that 1-2 versions can't be unlocked anymore, if any are still unlockable (officially).

Same can't really be said about Ren'Py. Then again, Ren'Py is free and no unlocking necessary, so yeah.

4.40 star(s) 67 Votes