FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016
@Amariithynar
How do you think I can already associate them with the designer just fine, exactly? :p I go through the motions, even deleted the registry keys to ensure it's a completely fresh take, and it still pulls a blank when I direct them to the player instead of the designer. It doesn't even appear in the list of selectables, even after choosing it as a selection via the browse function, as I said.
Hopefully your issue has been resolved. If not, you can use the de Send To contextmenu as a workaround. Open Explorer, type shell:sendto in the address bar
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and press enter (should work in all Windows versions later than XP). Here you put a shortcut to RAGS player. After this you can open rags-files with the player by right clicking and choosing the RAGS player in the send to menu. Please note the Send To contextmenu is localized, so be aware of that if you use non-English Windows.

shiddily

Aug 5, 2016
"Things were a little quiet over the holidays, but I'm back at it now.

The new open source version of the game is coming along more quickly than expected, thanks to some dedicated and talented volunteers. It would be going even faster if we had some more people to port content over from the existing Rags game to the new version (requires some experience with Python - email me if you're interested in helping!) but the core engine is working well and we're adding more and more functionality at a great pace. The UI isn't finished but we've got some artwork made and layout ideas that are in the process of implementation - a bit of trial and error after implementation and we should have something that looks and feels a lot better than the existing game. At least, that's the objective

I've been working on new content addition for version 0.7, but as a result of the above, I'm torn about finishing and releasing it to Rags or pitching in on the content porting to the new engine. With a few more volunteers to move the content over, I could focus exclusively on writing new stuff ..."

from wifetrainer himself, where he posts on hypnopics regularly. So I'm not really sure what update on svscomics you're talking about.

Kaparzo

Donor
Nov 14, 2016
"Things were a little quiet over the holidays, but I'm back at it now.

The new open source version of the game is coming along more quickly than expected, thanks to some dedicated and talented volunteers. It would be going even faster if we had some more people to port content over from the existing Rags game to the new version (requires some experience with Python - email me if you're interested in helping!) but the core engine is working well and we're adding more and more functionality at a great pace. The UI isn't finished but we've got some artwork made and layout ideas that are in the process of implementation - a bit of trial and error after implementation and we should have something that looks and feels a lot better than the existing game. At least, that's the objective

I've been working on new content addition for version 0.7, but as a result of the above, I'm torn about finishing and releasing it to Rags or pitching in on the content porting to the new engine. With a few more volunteers to move the content over, I could focus exclusively on writing new stuff ..."

from wifetrainer himself, where he posts on hypnopics regularly. So I'm not really sure what update on svscomics you're talking about.
Thanks for sharing the update!

mattius77

May 16, 2017
If the goal since he started work on the .6 update was to move to a new platform, I'm not sure why he spent any time developing for Rags at all. Just creates more content to port, while at the same time delays the transition. Perhaps I'm just mis-remembering facts.

Does he have a Patreon-type thing that leaves him somewhat beholden to a release schedule?

ta1842

Jul 9, 2017
If the goal since he started work on the .6 update was to move to a new platform, I'm not sure why he spent any time developing for Rags at all. Just creates more content to port, while at the same time delays the transition. Perhaps I'm just mis-remembering facts.

Does he have a Patreon-type thing that leaves him somewhat beholden to a release schedule?
From what I understand, the new platform is only for the Wife Trainer collaboration that other people can help with and he was still going to finish the Rags platform. At least, that is what was happening. I don't think he has a patreon.

Daba

Jan 22, 2018
Can someone please explain how to open game?
I tried opening it in program "RagsClassicSuite", but it shows error.

JC23

Sep 25, 2016

I think it was mid/end of development for 0.6 when he started contemplating giving people a mod friendly version of the game with his version being separate. It was never set on stone until after the release of 0.6. He's creating new content but at a slower pace because he's also helping people port the game if I understood it corretly.
For your question wifetrainer is pretty adamant on the game being free and being just a sideproject or hobby for him, so I don't think he has a patreon.

WatchMeDrive

Donor
Jun 21, 2017
It's such a shame what this game has come to. It used to be my favorite before all of the Anti-Cheat measurements Wife Trainer added. I've legitimately played through the game numerous times already; cheating only makes it easier to see all of the new content WT added.

Wayne

Life's pretty Straight without twisties
Donor
Nov 16, 2016
Good and Bad News Bad News first The Rags Version of Wife Trainer Is Considered Abandoned BY the Dev WHo stated That HE/SHe changing To a New engine Good News WIfe Trainer Is still Active The Dev Stated this

« Reply #208 on: November 04, 2017, 06:08:36 AM »

Update: The first, very alpha version of the low level code has been released! We're now ready to start working on the UI and porting over content from the existing Rags game, while continuing to build up the functionality and flexibility of the underlying engine.

« Reply #218 on: February 06, 2018, 03:09:30 AM »

Any News of the progress of the game ?

It's going quite well. Not sure yet when there will be a playable beta, but we're getting closer to that stage. I may have an update in about a month or so.

Reactions: Kaparzo and JC23

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
Good and Bad News Bad News first The Rags Version of Wife Trainer Is Considered Abandoned BY the Dev WHo stated That HE/SHe changing To a New engine Good News WIfe Trainer Is still Active The Dev Stated this
The old version isn't considered dead by the Dev. He has 2 threads on hypnotics. One for the RAG version which he posted in today and one for the new version. He wants people to help him code for the new version whilst he writes the story elements.

He did mention he was considering only concentrating on the new version but the latest update he gave said there would probably be news on the next update in early March and this was given in the Rags thread.

(Jan 8th)
Things were a little quiet over the holidays, but I'm back at it now.

The new open source version of the game is coming along more quickly than expected...

I've been working on new content addition for version 0.7, but as a result of the above, I'm torn about finishing and releasing it to Rags or pitching in on the content porting to the new engine. With a few more volunteers to move the content over, I could focus exclusively on writing new stuff ...

(Feb 5th)

I'm busy with a number of things right now, and new content for the Rags game isn't my highest priority... I'd say check back in about a month's time and there may be an update on timing then.

JC23

Sep 25, 2016
maybe renpy?
Yeah, pretty sure it's being ported to ren'py
Nah, Ren'Py doesn't deal well with non-linear stuff.
Sure it can, as long as you know how non-linear you want it to be beforehand, by that I mean how well done the core coding is. Otherwise it is a bit of a bitch to troubleshoot and add things.

Kaparzo

Donor
Nov 14, 2016
Yeah, pretty sure it's being ported to ren'py

Sure it can, as long as you know how non-linear you want it to be beforehand, by that I mean how well done the core coding is. Otherwise it is a bit of a bitch to troubleshoot and add things.
Would you say GGGB is non-linear? I imagined that Wife Trainer would be too complex for Ren'py, considering all the variables in the Rags game.

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
Would you say GGGB is non-linear? I imagined that Wife Trainer would be too complex for Ren'py, considering all the variables in the Rags game.
Wife Trainer is far less complex than in terms of linearity and codage. So yes, it is possible to do a (very) large number of things with Ren'Py and there would be no problem with Wife Trainer.

And it would be far more fap user friendly :closedeyesmile:

Reactions: Kaparzo
4.40 star(s) 67 Votes