HypnoKitten

Feb 14, 2018
Yay for the addition of the hubby being in the running for breeding, yay for that change! Even if it (likely) gets quietly funneled into the regular paths that's totally fine. Very happy for that.

And the updates / writing / art / concept, always super hot.

But..... going to back the call for maybe enabling a cheat-mode that disables the stats. (Maybe in the background just keep track of paths some other way). Or loosens them a lot. When it was just the one tricky choice in the beginning of how to get to soft-NTR.. that's cool, it didn't take long to reach it, it was just one thing. Now coming up on the 'how to deal with the very bad critical situation' and 3/4 paths require VERY specific stat choices.. The idea of going back and replaying to find one spot to move body->intelligence or whatever...

Ok, here's my two cents of game design study and experience. Stats are ideally used to:
* reflect a user's play style (the game reacting to stats by going 'woo look at the dude's muscles, his strength is over 9000!' or 'that dude just feels Evil!'),
* help the game match a player's style ('you're a bard? ok, give me a seduction roll for the dragon..' or 'the player has a high kick-kitten score, let's make the boss-monster a giant cat'),
* soft-gate a player into an area until they're ready to move to the next one, so they spend more time with each area's content ('I killed two dwarves in the morning, I killed two dwarves at night, I killed two dwarves in the afternoon and then I feel alright..' or 'you need to be this tall to ride this next ride, go back to the rack')

It is risky to use stats as hard guardrails because..
* it can funnel people down a path they can't escape later ('Look, at level 1 I picked a hammer, so every plate of noodles now looks like a nail')
* it can decrease detachment to a character ('What do you mean why did my nun-character kick the orphan, I need 13 strength for the next quest and the orphan gave me +1 strength')
* it can hard-lock areas, more and more, if someone didn't pick the exact perfect combination by that point, especially if a game is linear instead of letting you go back to grind / re-spec ('you were playing a stealth character? yea.. you're locked in an open warehouse with the boss-monster and bright lighting, get wrecked son!')

This particular game doesn't seem to be well-served by its stats, and its coming to a head with this latest choice.
Two paths require 9 charisma / 9 intelligence, even though there is zero hint up until then that you'd want to keep a perfect balance
One path requires 13/11/11 (how do you even get that? I have 8/10/10, did I miss an offramp?)
And the last one is 'well.. guess she's screwed'.
That's... not great.

(PS. The 'saveeditonline.com' stat editor worked fine for me. Been avoiding it but seems required to continue. So there are workaround to avoid rage-quitting through this. Just feels like if people start moving to third-party stat-editing that's a design feature that could be improved upon)

Last edited:
Reactions: Johndane03317

noybis

Nov 2, 2023
So, I'm not sure if some scenes in the past were changed because I don't remember this choice from before, but there's one scene where wifey and Jamal go to a bar and you are given the option to stay or go home, you have to pick stay. This is probably 5-6 scenes before the current one, I'm not sure. Make sure you still have enough stats to ask Jamal for help in the last scene, because in one of my paths I wasn't able to gain enough stats and had to restart really far back.
Thanks for the answer, idk why but the game is crushing for me after the scene that follows leaving the bar. Will try to reinstall it and try again, but i think it will only work if you are on sharing route if i understood correctly so you could be invited in that last scene or idk

Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
It's not funny anymore!!!! I'm sick and tired of not being able to see scenes because of missing traits or whatever. The dev has got to put an end to this. I've played various ways and still miss shit!!!! I've cheated the best I can thanks to friends here, but, I'm still missing shit. It is very frustrating and demoralizing. We need a button to bypass the traits or whatever is missing. This game would be so much better without it, no doubt. There should be 5 paths at the max and each one gives you everything that is in that path. SHARING with Jamal or Mr. Davis, CHEATING with Jamal or Mr. Davis and finally being a FAITHFUL wife. I hate this game, and I love this game. But, truthfully, for my sanity, I'm ready to dump this game and stop playing it.
Yay for the addition of the hubby being in the running for breeding, yay for that change! Even if it (likely) gets quietly funneled into the regular paths that's totally fine. Very happy for that.

And the updates / writing / art / concept, always super hot.

But..... going to back the call for maybe enabling a cheat-mode that disables the stats. (Maybe in the background just keep track of paths some other way). Or loosens them a lot. When it was just the one tricky choice in the beginning of how to get to soft-NTR.. that's cool, it didn't take long to reach it, it was just one thing. Now coming up on the 'how to deal with the very bad critical situation' and 3/4 paths require VERY specific stat choices.. The idea of going back and replaying to find one spot to move body->intelligence or whatever...

Ok, here's my two cents of game design study and experience. Stats are ideally used to:
* reflect a user's play style (the game reacting to stats by going 'woo look at the dude's muscles, his strength is over 9000!' or 'that dude just feels Evil!'),
* help the game match a player's style ('you're a bard? ok, give me a seduction roll for the dragon..' or 'the player has a high kick-kitten score, let's make the boss-monster a giant cat'),
* soft-gate a player into an area until they're ready to move to the next one, so they spend more time with each area's content ('I killed two dwarves in the morning, I killed two dwarves at night, I killed two dwarves in the afternoon and then I feel alright..' or 'you need to be this tall to ride this next ride, go back to the rack')

It is risky to use stats as hard guardrails because..
* it can funnel people down a path they can't escape later ('Look, at level 1 I picked a hammer, so every plate of noodles now looks like a nail')
* it can decrease detachment to a character ('What do you mean why did my nun-character kick the orphan, I need 13 strength for the next quest and the orphan gave me +1 strength')
* it can hard-lock areas, more and more, if someone didn't pick the exact perfect combination by that point, especially if a game is linear instead of letting you go back to grind / re-spec ('you were playing a stealth character? yea.. you're locked in an open warehouse with the boss-monster and bright lighting, get wrecked son!')

This particular game doesn't seem to be well-served by its stats, and its coming to a head with this latest choice.
Two paths require 9 charisma / 9 intelligence, even though there is zero hint up until then that you'd want to keep a perfect balance
One path requires 13/11/11 (how do you even get that? I have 8/10/10, did I miss an offramp?)
And the last one is 'well.. guess she's screwed'.
That's... not great.

(PS. The 'saveeditonline.com' stat editor worked fine for me. Been avoiding it but seems required to continue. So there are workaround to avoid rage-quitting through this. Just feels like if people start moving to third-party stat-editing that's a design feature that could be improved upon)
Mod - Ren'Py - Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.3.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself) | F95zone

HypnoKitten

Feb 14, 2018
Yeah, I tried that mod, but, I still come up with not enough traits or something missing. Probably don't know how to do it correctly, I guess.
try the website instead, you can just edit a save file. Its pretty intuitive (just click the number and change it). May need to comment out some code in the renpy file to import it but it tells you how - and its a code file so you still have the original in the zip. I think the site is safe? (nothing bad happened to me and my AVs didn't object)

4.00 star(s) 28 Votes