VN Ren'Py Wild Cats [v0.1.1] [LopaPhi]

4.80 star(s) 17 Votes

Megenos

Mar 22, 2022
View attachment 3816154

I hate bad endings, so I'll wait until there is a guide that tells how to avoid them... Or for the Dev to decide to add clear and direct signaling in each choice that leads to one of them, or, even better, reconsider and decide not include them. The only clear thing is that as long as I can't avoid them without even having to think about it, I'm not going to play.
Trust me, its very obvious when you will go to a bad end at present. Wouldn't worry about it.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Trust me, its very obvious when you will go to a bad end at present. Wouldn't worry about it.
Doesn't matter. After trying the game I have to say that I didn't like the MC too much, nor did the first LI that appeared, so I think I'll pass.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: cook_ie
Sep 6, 2021
Good start. My only real complaint: I'd like more POV in the sex scenes (I pretty much always say that). Also, the bad endings should have a sad ending screen of some sort. I'm assuming the renders will improve over time. They're not bad for a start, but they could definitely be better.

petrolenjoyer

Mar 22, 2024
Really good first chapter. A solid, coherent narrative with varied characters facing personal challenges places it well above the average in the medium as far as story. An engaging read. Good balance of the dark and light stuff too, some moments of real good humour. A handful of typos and slightly incorrect phrases but nothing too bad.

Game looks decent. Not amazing, but good. The animated intros for the girls were a nice flourish. And of course as is incredibly important, the girls are cute. At the moment I'm thinking I'm an Eve enthusiast.

When I see a dev insert intro at the start of a game forewarning narrative content my natural instinct is to roll my eyes out of my head but then I think about some of the people who play these games and I kind of get it. Still dumb though.

Looking forward to ch2, good luck.

Jun 30, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: LopaPhi

LopaPhi

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
Hey guys. Thank you all for your kind words. And to those that left a review:

1720764068173.png

Glad you enjoyed the game! I've read all the comments here and will consider your feedback to make sure the next following chapters will be better. Chapter 2 is now officially WIP. Check out my Patreon post for more details.

Apologies for the lack of reply as I don't really visit this site/thread that much. But the Discord server is finally up and I've added the link in the front page. I'm a lot more active there. I welcome you all to join in. Feel free to chat. I don't bite (Get it? lol).

MrWiki

Donor
Jan 20, 2021
The hair render are weird. :unsure:
Good start, I love what I've read. Dev was afraid about our reaction but I think it's meaningfull to see MC at his lower so even if it was frustrating it was interesting at the same time.

She isn't a slut, it's almost the biggest part of her character being trashtalked by stupid people not knowing her but telling bullshit about her (like in real highschool/univ) and the first thing you say after read the AVN is telling the same thing than those people wtf.

She is flirty, but make it clear that MC is an exception.
I haven't finished the first update yet (probably really soon though) but she is the most interesting one as of now.
I do love Saki style though.

Desiree and the first girl (forgot her name) are nice, but maybe a little to nice tbh. I don't find flawless characters interesting but it's only the start and they are cute so it's still okay, and I like first girl dynamic with MC.
Exception? She said that to kissing him right away, all she say is she is choosy with her selection so yea she went from a HUGE slut to a normal slut. As to how much so likes to party and how they point out that a lot of ppl try to go for her she has a lot to chose from, but thats how my point of view is from what i read, you can take from her story however you want to take it and not by my point of view. But all and all i still like the game im just going to cut her out of my playthrough unless i get more of her story saying otherwise.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Finished the first chapter, and I have to say that it's probably the best "women's team coach" game I've played so far. This game really impressed me because it managed to balance the character relationships and the coach/team part by not making the game too big with too many side characters. In most other "women's team coach" games I've played, they all seem to put the team/players in the backseat by introducing so many outside characters like random cafe owner or whatever that the game end up feeling generic with the "women's team coach" just being tacked on. But not in this game.

Wild Cats managed to keep the focus on the team. Of course it's helped by the premise of having to gather the players first, but that in itself is already an interesting choice on how to start the game. IMO, it's a smart way to allow us to learn about the characters individually which will then also make us look forward to how the characters interact with each other once the team are assembled.

The characters themselves are well written too. Varying background, varying skill level, varying goals, and of course varying start of relationships with the MC. I have a feeling Lexi, Fiona, and Zoe would be my favorites once their relationships develop some more, but we'll see how they go.

Throwaway_x7

Dec 28, 2021
Normally I'm the type that skips every text and go straight to the scenes, but this game is one of those few that really caught my interest. I read the whole story and really enjoyed it.

Good luck dev and looking forward to the next updates!

Reactions: LopaPhi

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
but the coaching part is seriously flawed! you know, the power dynamics in a team mostly comes from its members having to compete with each other to be on the roster. in other words: they want something from the coach! HERE, the power dynamics shifted in favor of the girls. but here is the thing: if you don't have competititon within the team, you don't have a competitive team! such a team can NEVER be a democracy. it needs a dictator!
Sometimes I wonder whether people pay attention when they play the game before saying stupid stuff like this. The coaching part is seriously flawed? If you don't have competition within the team, you don't have a competitive team? Brother, open your eyes, there is no team yet. There is literally only one girl coming to practice once. Competition within the team, my ass lol.

WICKED9999

Jul 8, 2023
I really like the mc personality it's different from all the vns I have read it's something different for me I really enjoy reading and LIs having their own interesting background story and personality also good
Goodluck for your game have high hopes for this one

4.80 star(s) 17 Votes