HTML Abandoned Will of The Vampire [v0.2 Build 0082] [rudeboyuk]

2.80 star(s) 4 Votes

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
I get Error message: Error: <<adamssex>>: error within widget contents (Error: cannot find a closing tag for HTML <p>) when I go to the addams House and klicking: Kamaria is looking rather lustfully at you -> after She raises her foot to your crotch I get the immage , but no text except the option: reset scene and the error message in red
Try replacing your HTML file with this one and load your save game. Hopefully should fix that for you. Not sure how that got through as I ran through that scene a few times, must have deleted the tag by mistake. On the plus side glad to see someone is reaching that scene! :)

Reactions: Aladeen

beryn

May 8, 2017
What do i do when the to do is "Perhaps a night out with your sister?"
No dialogue options or otherwise anywhere i can find

Edit: Ok, tried for a long time to find out, you have to meet her at the foyer, thats not logical at all.
Dialogue should help you when you are stuck, not clicking around in madness.
Why meet her there and not in her room or outside, theres no clear point at all.
If you're locking content by triggering in the foyer, then disable the movement with the map, that way you are not stuck searching all the logical rooms

Last edited:

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
What do i do when the to do is "Perhaps a night out with your sister?"
No dialogue options or otherwise anywhere i can find

Edit: Ok, tried for a long time to find out, you have to meet her at the foyer, thats not logical at all.
Dialogue should help you when you are stuck, not clicking around in madness.
Why meet her there and not in her room or outside, theres no clear point at all.
If you're locking content by triggering in the foyer, then disable the movement with the map, that way you are not stuck searching all the logical rooms
Originally the game didn't have the map option, so you would invariable walk through the Foyer at some point and see the notification. This is indeed now less likely as I assume most are using the map to move around. I will have to find a way to make this situation stand out more now.

Malleee

Mar 13, 2018
Line 9158
&lt;&lt;set _imagepath = &quot;images/workers/&quot; + $humans[_emp].imageset + &quot;/&quot;&gt;&gt;

should instead read workers.
&lt;&lt;set _imagepath = &quot;images/workers/&quot; + $workers[_emp].imageset + &quot;/&quot;&gt;&gt;

workers 3 and 4 need to have the images renamed to include a lower case L
eg: the file chat31.jpg need to become chatl31.jpg

hope this is helpful

Reactions: RudeboyUK

Malleee

Mar 13, 2018
In my todo list there are 3 options I cant seem to progress using this html file :Will of the Vampire Nightly Build 20200105_155803.html

Meet the Adams
Meet the Devinshires
Keep spending time with Hadria

I'm not sure what to do I cant find a way to meet anyone new and spending time with hadria does nothing

Malleee

Mar 13, 2018
Okay so the new person does not display on the map while waiting around...

I'd suggest adding "unknown" person listed in the book store on the map screen, I'm fine with the bar not listing people as that's just random encounters but there's no real reason to pass an entire day in the bookstore.

Also once your body language is above 2 it no longer displays details about the girls in the bar
"
Chatting with Mary
From your Body Language Skills (Level 4) you can tell:

Gambit:
"
looking at the code I can see that it's because from skill level 3 and upwards there's information in the relevant fields/variables, it might be better to say that if there is not info then use lower body language info, or to just disable the ability to get to body language 3 and above at this point.

Also looking at the "Gambits" in the bar and the "stimulation's" in the enthral, I'm not sure why you would ever want to use a skill/ability that is from a lower level, is there going to be a cost associated with the skill levels? or different images for lower vs higher levels?

(I can see a ton of stuff that seems to be for future content, I'm astounded by how much you've seeming made available from the unused variables.)

Again just trying to be helpful, so if any questions seem rude or points seem rude they are not meant to be.

Malleee

Mar 13, 2018
While I'm thinking on it.

1. It's possible to do stuff like read when you should be sleeping, if you just keep going to the bookshelf and reading a book at the witching hour you will read the book and reset to the living room before the auto sleep timer kicks in, I've not looked at the variables to see if they improve but I'd guess they do.
2. when you go to your room and it's late at night the sleep button is removed from the action list.
3. The bookshelf in the lounge seems to function like a location but it's not listed on the map, I'd suggest considering changing it to have the unread books listed in the living area as indented options below "Check the bookcase" so you can chose to go and look at all your books or just read one of the unread books from the living area screen.
4. I'd suggest that you consider breaking the "exits" and "actions" sections more visually, it might just be me but I tend to not notice the actions as a distinct section from the exits, (in the living room) and the behaviour is different in the bar where the action "Look for a girl" is actually not in the action section at all, and I find that much easier to notice. but really it should be moved into the actions block, and the actions block more clearly delineated.

I think I would suggest having the white location descriptions text between the exits and actions headings or a least extend the "exits" bar down 1 or 2 lines past the last text entry in it, this should stop the yellow text become 1 continuous block that seems to cross/join the sections.

This is your work though so feel free to ignore me :)

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
Okay so the new person does not display on the map while waiting around...

I'd suggest adding "unknown" person listed in the book store on the map screen, I'm fine with the bar not listing people as that's just random encounters but there's no real reason to pass an entire day in the bookstore.
Huh, not a bad idea. Makes sense to do so to streamline the game somewhat. We can call it a kind of vampire sense, which is why it only works on the true NPCs not the human fodder.

Also once your body language is above 2 it no longer displays details about the girls in the bar
"
Chatting with Mary
From your Body Language Skills (Level 4) you can tell:
Ah, I'll have to get that sorted out. There is presently no content related to being level 4 so I thought I had capped it at 3, but I guess not!

Gambit:
Also looking at the "Gambits" in the bar and the "stimulation's" in the enthral, I'm not sure why you would ever want to use a skill/ability that is from a lower level, is there going to be a cost associated with the skill levels? or different images for lower vs higher levels?
Indeed, this is something I am trying to think of a good way to handle. So far my thinking is to have the lower levels either change to a near guaranteed success which might just be boring as you could hammer them knowing you'd be making slow but steady progress, or leaving them with a lower chance of success, but giving higher reward. Both however feel a bit broken to me and not that interesting. I wanted to provide speedier 'hunts' as you leveled up so feeding would become routine to a higher level vampire, as that feels right, but not sure how best to make it more fun from a game perspective right now. This is one of a few areas slowing me down right now as i don't want to plough on and add too much and then have to go back and change it all.

(I can see a ton of stuff that seems to be for future content, I'm astounded by how much you've seeming made available from the unused variables.)

Again just trying to be helpful, so if any questions seem rude or points seem rude they are not meant to be.
I do my best to plan ahead as changing character variables later is real bad for save games going forward, but I still find myself having to meddle too much hence the 'jumping in' system on the nightly builds.
And no, not rude at all, and I should know! ;)

1. It's possible to do stuff like read when you should be sleeping, if you just keep going to the bookshelf and reading a book at the witching hour you will read the book and reset to the living room before the auto sleep timer kicks in, I've not looked at the variables to see if they improve but I'd guess they do.
2. when you go to your room and it's late at night the sleep button is removed from the action list.
3. The bookshelf in the lounge seems to function like a location but it's not listed on the map, I'd suggest considering changing it to have the unread books listed in the living area as indented options below "Check the bookcase" so you can chose to go and look at all your books or just read one of the unread books from the living area screen.
4. I'd suggest that you consider breaking the "exits" and "actions" sections more visually, it might just be me but I tend to not notice the actions as a distinct section from the exits, (in the living room) and the behaviour is different in the bar where the action "Look for a girl" is actually not in the action section at all, and I find that much easier to notice. but really it should be moved into the actions block, and the actions block more clearly delineated.
1. Yeah, that's a limitation I have in Twine right now. I need to find a solution for that. originally it would jump you to another screen when it high night which prevented being able to click on any options during the time out, however is any messages where displayed just before night they disappear before you can read them which wasn't great. I need to find a good middleground somehow.

2.By late at night do you mean during 'witching hours'? If so yeah, it will be waiting for the time out. Hmm, maybe I can use that actually, if i limit all the action/exit options on the same variable as the day timeout... idea!

3. Good idea, removes a redundant click. I'll see how easy it will be to change that.

4. I've been considering removing the exits entirely now there is a map, however that would require some re-working of the game start where I prefer to limit the areas the player can go to, and have them 'traverse' through the family home. But perhaps something worth spending time on?

Again, thanks for all the feedback, it's great to have people playing the game, and wanting it to be better. Playtesting ones own game is basically impossible as i know how I expect the game to be played.

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
As an update this game is now at build 82.

The latest updates are:
Second set of exhibitionist photos for Astrid added. (Living Room)
Added Peek pics for Astrid for all locations. (8)
First set of exhibitionist photos for Astrid added. (Kitchen)
Additional content for Astrid Vossen, which unlocks new locations.
Added new locations Country Club and Tennis Courts.
First pass at Vossen Estate map.
Wide range of bug fixes as noted by Grobi on Hypnopics
Added more lore to the bookstore owners questions
Updated the asked/unasked question code to remove the need for a print statement.
Changed the colour for Actions to be more distinct from Exits.
Simple first pass for Vossen family.
Fix to prevent Plasticity being assigned multiple times when mesmerism > 3

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
If you're brought a girl home from the bar and attempt to use Plasticity on her after previously maxing out all of her sensitivities and fondnesses, there's no obvious way to get back to the previous screen.

Xillonen

Jan 2, 2020
"Fix to prevent Plasticity being assigned multiple times when mesmerism > 3 "

I started the game fresh, got Plasticity like 8 times, every time I studied Mesm with sister.
Also, is there some sort of hint/walkthrough sistem as I've browsed through the pictures in the folders and realized I missed a LOT of events in the first chapter, before going to America...

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
If you're brought a girl home from the bar and attempt to use Plasticity on her after previously maxing out all of her sensitivities and fondnesses, there's no obvious way to get back to the previous screen.
Ah, another situation I hadn't envisaged as this system wasn't in my original plans. Will look into that. Thanks for the heads up.

"Fix to prevent Plasticity being assigned multiple times when mesmerism > 3 "

I started the game fresh, got Plasticity like 8 times, every time I studied Mesm with sister.
Also, is there some sort of hint/walkthrough sistem as I've browsed through the pictures in the folders and realized I missed a LOT of events in the first chapter, before going to America...
Damn, thought I had that fixed. Will look again.

The ToDo list under the pictures should get you through most of the content, but yeah there is some that you only find by exploring. Nothing too major before the US though off the top of my head. Night Yoga might be the only exception.

lucifuge1973

May 7, 2018
Why would a vampire need a will? Aren't they imortal? Oh yeah stake to the heart and all that... KeK.
Seriously though (well somewhat serious). Do vampires have a will to do anything? Isn't it just a need. Like most predatory animals aren't they just driven by the need to feed? Generally curious. To me, will comes from the gut/heart. Instincts are hardwired. Going to download and play none the less. Thanks dev

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
so if i leave to US without enthralling both the girls in the bar, ill miss them forever?
Actually nope, they are transferred to the US after receiving "mysterious" job offers that were too good to turn down ;)

Why would a vampire need a will? Aren't they imortal? Oh yeah stake to the heart and all that... KeK.
Seriously though (well somewhat serious). Do vampires have a will to do anything? Isn't it just a need. Like most predatory animals aren't they just driven by the need to feed? Generally curious. To me, will comes from the gut/heart. Instincts are hardwired. Going to download and play none the less. Thanks dev
Woah dude, getting deep there it's just a game! ;) In this instance Will is like life force, and my vamps can feed on that and then use it to force their own will onto humans, and somewhat on other vampires. In game terms it's the resource you need to manage to be able to do all the cool things in the game. A McGuffin if you will :D

• Love
Reactions: BoohooBitch

BoohooBitch

Oct 30, 2017
Actually nope, they are transferred to the US after receiving "mysterious" job offers that were too good to turn down ;)

Woah dude, getting deep there it's just a game! ;) In this instance Will is like life force, and my vamps can feed on that and then use it to force their own will onto humans, and somewhat on other vampires. In game terms it's the resource you need to manage to be able to do all the cool things in the game. A McGuffin if you will :D
BTW , i made it to US but there is nothing to do??

in the TO DO Tab these are mentioned
UNDER DEVELOPMENT There be dragons here, and bugs. Many bugs.
Hire a worker
Meet the Devinshires

Where do i initiate these??

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
Workers can be found at the bar, but you've got to seduce them properly. Hang out at the Occult Bookstore a lot and at different times.

Reactions: RudeboyUK
2.80 star(s) 4 Votes