Others Winter Warmth [v0.1.9.8] [PowerPlower]

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes

ramonetis

May 2, 2022
That they have changed the engine should be secondary as long as they continue to maintain high standards by making an interesting story with good characters, and with a good progress of corruption.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I would love to get on board and support this game, but a $10 minimum ask for game access when you're fairly unknown without track record is excessive....if dev reads this he needs lower cost of entry until he proves himself.

That they have changed the engine should be secondary as long as they continue to maintain high standards by making an interesting story with good characters, and with a good progress of corruption.
Yep to me as long as the engine has skip functionality, they're interchangeable - I couldn't care less between Godot, Renpy, unity, etc as long as it has skip. For this reason alone I loathe most RPGM games without a skip function, doing anything takes FOREVER.

• Angry
Reactions: Gudil and Chaosguy
Oct 1, 2023
So I got v195 from patreon, there is no new content, nothing! So maybe sit this one out. But DEV has a huge list of fixes and improved stuff for the Godot engine for V195.

Q : "No new content this time around?"
A : "There were only a few scenes added. The main focus was engine, general polish and features. As a heads up. The same does apply to 0.2.0. There are some vitals things that we need to ensure before the major release. On the other side, the next chapter has already been written and visual work has already started as well. But that won't be added for 0.2.0."

Happy New Year

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
So I got v195 from patreon, there is no new content, nothing! So maybe sit this one out. But DEV has a huge list of fixes and improved stuff for the Godot engine for V195.

Q : "No new content this time around?"
A : "There were only a few scenes added. The main focus was engine, general polish and features. As a heads up. The same does apply to 0.2.0. There are some vitals things that we need to ensure before the major release. On the other side, the next chapter has already been written and visual work has already started as well. But that won't be added for 0.2.0."

Happy New Year
Thank you for relaying news from patreon, appreciate it. Always confused when I see news like this from otherwise working games- sure some are badly in need of QOL overhauls, but everything here works pretty well. It has a replay gallery, it as working time skip features and travel features, etc.

Eet_Fuk

Feb 5, 2021
This was probably mentioned here somewhere before, but help a guy out. Is there or will there be NTR with the wife ? thanks

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
This was probably mentioned here somewhere before, but help a guy out. Is there or will there be NTR with the wife ? thanks
Only the dev knows and he's not going to give any spoilers (a very good thing)...and it depends on the definition you're using.

In the light path, she wants to see the MC bang other women. That's one of the foundations of their relationship. She doesn't like the physical contact but seemingly gets off on the exploits of her soon to be husband. In the dark path...your guess is as good as anyone's. She gets excited watching the MC's old boss in action, so maybe. Then each path will have variations one can follow (there are now multiple possible male antagonists), or at least that how it seems to me. But for now, we'll just have to wait and see.

Reactions: Ass Fan

juanides

Oct 5, 2021

Changelog:
User Interface & identity

That was a lot of work...and we are only about 70% done.
There is a lot that needs to be improved a little further and we have done more than what is currently implemented. But I believe it will be visible that a lot of love is being pured into that. So that we don't have to revisit it again (when finished).
As accent colors for the UI we went with hookers green and lion's yellow.
Easier to get started in chapter 1
We made it easier to unlock some things. For those that don't visit Shray at their first Wednesday. It should be a bit smoother to develop yourself starting in chapter 1.
Rewards
Not mentioned in the planned changelog, but essential. You now can get some rewards when you increase the stats. Not everything is implemented here.
Events
Events and talking don't take as much time anymore.
Sms & twitter pop ups
This one just feels great.
Gallery hints & redesign
If you are someone who likes to complete things. Now you should see where a scene is missing. The hints are rather straight forward. Chapter, Path etc.
SaveLoad work
We've done some extensive work there too.
As far as I can tell, save games still work.
Fixes
Some render fixes. But also fixes that held your progress. As example you shouldn't be able to get stuck in the prologue anymore.
New items
A couple of new items/symbols
Investment App
Investment App is back. Still needs to be designed properly.
Packages and Fridge
You can now get packages and open the fridge sometimes to get stuff!
Editing
A lot of scenes have been edited and will further be edited.
Optimization
We also took some time to focus on optimizing the game. I would say 1/3 is done.
Still some major improvements in other areas left.
But I also believe that you'll be happy to see the improvements that have been done including an around 70% reduced size with no noticeable quality loss.
Known Issues
  • Music sometimes behaves strangely.
  • It can happen that you get a message, but are getting locked out in the main view of the phone. Happened once, so far we were not able to reproduce it.
  • When you exit to main menu, but call for the exit menu again during the phase out animation and then exit again. You can bug the game.
  • "Sandbox mode" (it doesn't close off all rooms) doesn't start properly, when switching from prologue to chapter 1. However the game can still be continued normally.
  • Characters can appear on the same time.
  • One Shray events throws you back in time.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022

Changelog:
User Interface & identity

That was a lot of work...and we are only about 70% done.
There is a lot that needs to be improved a little further and we have done more than what is currently implemented. But I believe it will be visible that a lot of love is being pured into that. So that we don't have to revisit it again (when finished).
As accent colors for the UI we went with hookers green and lion's yellow.
Easier to get started in chapter 1
We made it easier to unlock some things. For those that don't visit Shray at their first Wednesday. It should be a bit smoother to develop yourself starting in chapter 1.
Rewards
Not mentioned in the planned changelog, but essential. You now can get some rewards when you increase the stats. Not everything is implemented here.
Events
Events and talking don't take as much time anymore.
Sms & twitter pop ups
This one just feels great.
Gallery hints & redesign
If you are someone who likes to complete things. Now you should see where a scene is missing. The hints are rather straight forward. Chapter, Path etc.
SaveLoad work
We've done some extensive work there too.
As far as I can tell, save games still work.
Fixes
Some render fixes. But also fixes that held your progress. As example you shouldn't be able to get stuck in the prologue anymore.
New items
A couple of new items/symbols
Investment App
Investment App is back. Still needs to be designed properly.
Packages and Fridge
You can now get packages and open the fridge sometimes to get stuff!
Editing
A lot of scenes have been edited and will further be edited.
Optimization
We also took some time to focus on optimizing the game. I would say 1/3 is done.
Still some major improvements in other areas left.
But I also believe that you'll be happy to see the improvements that have been done including an around 70% reduced size with no noticeable quality loss.
Known Issues
  • Music sometimes behaves strangely.
  • It can happen that you get a message, but are getting locked out in the main view of the phone. Happened once, so far we were not able to reproduce it.
  • When you exit to main menu, but call for the exit menu again during the phase out animation and then exit again. You can bug the game.
  • "Sandbox mode" (it doesn't close off all rooms) doesn't start properly, when switching from prologue to chapter 1. However the game can still be continued normally.
  • Characters can appear on the same time.
  • One Shray events throws you back in time.
Thank you very much for the update and the changelog.

Do I take this to mean it's purely a cosmetic/QOL patch without future dialogue/story?

ondrey

Feb 25, 2019
how do you even leave for the job. it always auto-triggers when you go outside, until it doesn't.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
heh...well, I find this funny and more than a little silly and maybe, in the long run, counterproductive.

All the saves and the gallery options have been encrypted. So no more tweaking, testing, experimenting, etc. This is not the fault of the Godot engine, but solely on the shoulders of the dev. Given previous statements, I'm going out on a limb here and posit that someone may be a bit of a control freak. One the one hand, if this were an A-level multiplayer game with worldwide leader boards and all the attached trappings, I can see the desire to control those who attempt to cheat. But this is not that and one of the reasons folks enjoy this genre of games and the engine on which they are most often created is the ability to tinker. What harm does it do? If it breaks a save then go back to a previous spot and try again. The story is still the story and different routes can easily be explored with no skin off anyone's back.

Maybe things will change in the future, but if it continues to play out like this in marketing terms one is shooting themselves in the foot by creating needless friction in a target audience accustomed to years of playing it their way. So, get ready for some fireworks...and wear some steel-toed boots.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
heh...well, I find this funny and more than a little silly and maybe, in the long run, counterproductive.

All the saves and the gallery options have been encrypted. So no more tweaking, testing, experimenting, etc. This is not the fault of the Godot engine, but solely on the shoulders of the dev. Given previous statements, I'm going out on a limb here and posit that someone may be a bit of a control freak. One the one hand, if this were an A-level multiplayer game with worldwide leader boards and all the attached trappings, I can see the desire to control those who attempt to cheat. But this is not that and one of the reasons folks enjoy this genre of games and the engine on which they are most often created is the ability to tinker. What harm does it do? If it breaks a save then go back to a previous spot and try again. The story is still the story and different routes can easily be explored with no skin off anyone's back.

Maybe things will change in the future, but if it continues to play out like this in marketing terms one is shooting themselves in the foot by creating needless friction in a target audience accustomed to years of playing it their way. So, get ready for some fireworks...and wear some steel-toed boots.
Np gimme a few hours with cheatengine!

Aside, this UI cosmetically is a straight downgrade. The old one had unique but consistent theming with the color palette and shapes, now it looks like someone's first time coming from html browser games.

Wait I didn't even get to the best part - when I checked out his patreon I noticed "gold travel" as an incentive for higher tiers- I figured this was some silly p2w mechanic that would cheapen/shorten story, so paid no attention. :LOL: NO LOL He actually removed the functionality from the existing travel buttons in the prior version. And I don't just mean the long distance travels, like to move around the house now you literally have to click through multiple buttons. As in the prior version you could easily move around the world, this version you need to pay more to do so.

What a ginormous piece of shit. There's no soft way to say it. Their product, they can do what they want, but monetization through feature restriction will always remain a scumbag practice. Some might say to me "But PGJ you're here on a pirate site complaining, you've no right!" You're right, but I came very close to giving him money, and if his pricing scheme hadn't been so cocky I probably would be a sub, glad I'm not now.

-EDIT: I should mention either I was mistaken when I wrote this or he changed the functionality between releases, now by selecting "fast movement" in the options you can still go from room to room, just not across town, so strike my above paragraph.

Last edited:

AER201812

Jan 13, 2018
Well, i love this game. 0191, i almost finished it, couldnt meet Nora in the park.
So i downloaded 0195 and the same problem meeting with Nora and i got a message that "Melissas timeline changed due to her corruption level......" So i started a new game ANNNNNNND i still cant go to work after i choose hard mode, that Mark get all the girls.
Come on Dev :(
If i start with chapter 1, then i dont get to choose the path... or?

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021
Hey, can someone tell me what new content is coming with this update? I mean, apart from the ones in the changelog, are there new story scenes, new renders, new animations?

• Angry
Reactions: baka

LC...

Nov 20, 2021
how do you even leave for the job. it always auto-triggers when you go outside, until it doesn't.
Exactly. Anyone knows the answer or is it the end of content?
It was after the choice of the end of the book

Last edited:

Hemmi000

Jun 9, 2017
Its not the end of content trying to leave for work after the book as when u start the game from chapter 1 its further in the story just bugged I guess shame.

Zinner1

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2023
Well, i love this game. 0191, i almost finished it, couldnt meet Nora in the park.
So i downloaded 0195 and the same problem meeting with Nora and i got a message that "Melissas timeline changed due to her corruption level......" So i started a new game ANNNNNNND i still cant go to work after i choose hard mode, that Mark get all the girls.
To see the Nora event in the park that continues the main story, you need to have also seen her previous two events with her friend, also in the park and the bank respectively. That could be the reason it is not triggering. Also important to note that she only shows up for that event on Saturday. She says so on the chat conversation, but it would be good if she reminded you on the quest as well.

Regarding the bug after choosing hard mode, we have not been able to recreate that bug, trying it out, it works. Going through that choice specifically without Ctrl-skip might help, though again, trying it out, it works.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Np gimme a few hours with cheatengine!
It's been a while since I popped open a can of Cheat Engine, so I'm not sure how well it works with Godot and it's .json scripting. I guess I could tinker with it...because I like to tinker. :)

In regard to the rest of your post...I'll circle back around to it at some point. I, too, am sometimes puzzled how certain devs really screw the pooch with their approach. If they only took some time to see how the really successful teams are doing things I would hazard they would change their tune. But some have to learn the hard way.

Yeah, I am a bit puzzled, too. The message is new this time (or at least I didn't see it previously). So I don't know how it changes the path.

I also made the mistake of buying things too early. That is flour and running shoes. I went with Amelia to the store and thought I'll need these later anyway, so I bought them and that broke both the Pavanni running quest and the baking/cookies/store quest. Even though they are both in my inventory, neither quest will start. So I had to go back and start over and not buy them until they are mentioned. If I could get to a save and alter the inventory items I could have fixed it without going back in time.

Hey, can someone tell me what new content is coming with this update? I mean, apart from the ones in the changelog, are there new story scenes, new renders, new animations?
No new animations that I have seen. There are a few new scenes and the dialog has changed in a places. I don't think the dev team has completely decided what to do with Damien. They took a different approach with him in the last release, but in this one I saw a couple of the old scenes they had removed. So I guess we'll have to wait for a while longer to see how they play it.

Most of this release was bugfixing, new UI stuff, tweaking travel, etc
does the mom have any ntr scene?
Nothing yet. Her actions remain a mystery. I think it will be a while before we see where her path lies.

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes