Aboleon

May 24, 2017
Didn’t he say he’s delaying it? We still don’t have a changelog
I am overly optimistic. But the situation is like this. Usually the release happens a week after the changelog. Somka said that the changelog will be released next week. And considering that now the whole problem is animation, it is unlikely that the exit will be delayed for a long time. Well, the maximum will be released in early July

ulitka228

Oct 19, 2023
I am overly optimistic. But the situation is like this. Usually the release happens a week after the changelog. Somka said that the changelog will be released next week. And considering that now the whole problem is animation, it is unlikely that the exit will be delayed for a long time. Well, the maximum will be released in early July
animation not up my dick like it do symmetric art of static fucjk.

Ai do anim better than this half year work, why jyst not du Ai works and inplement it????

brineshrimp

Aug 17, 2020
anyone how can i carry over my save files from a previous version to the latest version? it crashes when i just copy paste the old saves to the latest ver. can't seem to find any guide about this

Lerial

Nov 12, 2018
anyone how can i carry over my save files from a previous version to the latest version? it crashes when i just copy paste the old saves to the latest ver. can't seem to find any guide about this
it depends how old your old saves are - for example, i've got some saves from like, well over a year or more ago, where he changed how some of the early game quests worked, so trying to load those saves, the script stuff doesn't match, and it messes up. putting your 'old saves' in the last version, and this version, won't help - they're still jacked up. some of those saves will still work - i've got stuff from around the police precinct invasion and on that still work, but most of the stuff before that's screwy.

so, you'd need to rego through the game and make 'cleaner' saves for the current iteration of programming - it will probably be the same from the last version, assuming no backtracking to change stuff again, but given it's not out, there's no talk about compatibility yet. again, saves from the last version are probably fine, but those really old saves, nope.

at the very least, the new version will have the improved scene gallery rather than just pictures, so, once we do go back and replay the whole game to unlock stuff (or just, there's a gallery unlocker), even if something like that happens again later, we've got the gallery now, so we won't need to go back and make like 40 separate saves for 40 scenes like a lot of rempy games without a good gallery.

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
dev hasn't made a commitment to keeping saves functional between versions, consider not playing every update if it's a problem.

gonna wait for the next elyon update personally.

Lerial

Nov 12, 2018
dev hasn't made a commitment to keeping saves functional between versions, consider not playing every update if it's a problem.

well, unless they go back and change something, it's usually not an issue.
not to mention, with a good gallery, it's not as needed, especially since more recent version saves aren't affected.
and the project is big enough that, the game isn't really getting 'changed' all that much, just added to, at this point.

so, it's not like some ver 0.3 title where there's drastic changes that are probably expected. most versions WERE perfectly fine to use old saves. but, changing some of the i guess early/mid game stuff to fit patreon's rules did fuck up saves made before then, but afaik, hasn't really screwed stuff up since, little unfair. i mean, according to teh changelog, the last time there was a save compatibility issue was with version 13 to version 14, and that wasn't because the creator just, didn't bother trying. he HAD to go and change some shit, in a kinda major way, to compensate for the rules (as well as cleaning up some of the other storyline stuff, iirc)

and, as far as i'm aware at least, i don't think there was a bunch of 'can't use old saves' updates before this, either. so, little harsh to say the dev 'hasn't made commitment to keep saves functional between versions' if it happend like, one time, and had nothing to do with the save's actual 'functionality' between versions and like, a good chunk of the early game being severely altered, being the culprit, essentially.

Troy Harder

Oct 14, 2019

I've been following the game for quite some time and can confirm that old saves only stopped working in two cases: when the developer had to change content due to Patreon rules, and when the developer himself changed some content to make it better. It's worth noting that both of these are fairly non-trivial situations that very few developers encounter. So you might get the false impression that a developer can't fix old saves, but in fact it happens in cases that most developers wouldn't be able to fix. Otherwise the saves work fine. I've had this game since version 0.6, and in that time the old saves have only crashed 3 times, and each time it was due to content changes in the middle of the game. However, even during the content change with Lillian (when she became a sexy goth girl) the saves didn't crash, which I'm sure was pretty hard to do.

DemiMaximoff

Jun 10, 2018
I've been following the game for quite some time and can confirm that old saves only stopped working in two cases: when the developer had to change content due to Patreon rules, and when the developer himself changed some content to make it better. It's worth noting that both of these are fairly non-trivial situations that very few developers encounter. So you might get the false impression that a developer can't fix old saves, but in fact it happens in cases that most developers wouldn't be able to fix. Otherwise the saves work fine. I've had this game since version 0.6, and in that time the old saves have only crashed 3 times, and each time it was due to content changes in the middle of the game. However, even during the content change with Lillian (when she became a sexy goth girl) the saves didn't crash, which I'm sure was pretty hard to do.
Can you tell me what stuff got cut due to Patreon rules? I would seek those out and see them if it's worth it

jrondoe

Dec 13, 2022
Can you tell me what stuff got cut due to Patreon rules? I would seek those out and see them if it's worth it
The only significant content change is in 0.19 which changed the Lillian plotline significant from one that artificially ages up a character with a potion to have sex with them, to changing the characters appearance completely as well as giving them a more adult appearance from get-go. If you want to experience this version, you need to play updates before 0.19 (like 0.18). Fortunately the plotline happens pretty early in the game so you won't have to go wait too long. Other cut content from the past were merely just cut due to them being from the earliest builds of the game that just didn't fit into the story as the game evolved. I've tried sourcing these early builds myself but I believe they may be lost to time now due to most if not all their download links being dead.

If you're just interested in the images, I've already with every image and animation in the game. It includes any cut content (separated into Misc/cut_content) as well with some being from those earlier builds I mentioned due to them being left in the files despite being unused.

3.50 star(s) 78 Votes